aberdeen-music

wat pedal should i buy?

bryn

firstly, what pedals do you already have if any? and what other gear will you be using with it, and what music you intend playing through it...

also, for 150 you could probably get more than one pretty decent pedal...

for a start something like a wah could be cool, the cheapest dunlop crybaby is about 90...

or some sort of dist/fuzz pedal, this would depend on what amp you have (more than one channel?) a ProCo ratII would be nice, its a niee fuzzy distortion type of pedal and sound great, or possibly an EH big muff for a fuzzier fuzz type of pedal

or for a not quite as cool sounding, but very usefull pedal, possibly an eq, the dano mini (fish and chips?) eq is supposed to be very good and rather cheap, or MXR and boss make some that are also supposed to be very good

basically there are hundreds of pedals you could go any buy... so it depends on what you are wanting in yor sound and what you are missing/could be usefull in your current setup

David

i alredy have a crybaby, thats it tho. the distortion in my amp is pretty cool so thats sorted, just wondering what anyone thinks the next sort of neccesity pedal is, i had a fuck around on a boss delay pedal which was cool. i need something which will be useful in the way that a wah is, rather than just a novelty, any suggestions?

Boss TU2 Tuner always useful...use it to tune...power other pedals through it providing u buy the AC adapter...use it to kill the gtr line for changing gtr's so u dont get that annoying buzz wen u change!

Also the Boss DD2 or 3 delay pedal is fuckin immense good for loops and creating weird effects for wen ur changing gtr's so ppl are kept amused.

Chorus pedals. Sure you can go wacky chorus effects or something like come as you are but you can also add a bit of sparkle to your clean sound. I now use a CE-5 chorus ensemble (on a very low setting) with my clean channle...sounds great. Does your amp have reverb? If not the I suggest looking at a reverb pedal...the atmosphere you can add with this effect is awesom.

• 4 weeks later...

I Just got a Digitech RP 80 (89) and it sounds pretty damn good, and is so easy to program. Most of the factory patches are buried in a morass of reverb as usual, but the good points are.

Amp modelling sounds good.

24 bit so not hissy

Pitch-shifter and Tremolo sounds good

Whammy bar prog that links to...

..Expression pedal assignable to most parameters

Stopped me from feeding back so much.

I'm sure that i could have got something else good as well though, such is the competition in the tech sector, look up sound on sound's website; sospubs.com or somesuch

Originally posted by feeble!:

What';s a whammy pedal do? I've heard of them in TG (one was required to play some kinda rage aghainst the machione song)

My eyes hurt. Bugger this screen - I neecd an LCD screen/monitor. Crappy crt hurting my eyes

a whammy is a pitchshifter

kind like a tremolo on a guitar, but in pedal form

David

Originally posted by bryn:

got reverb, got chorus, thx everyone but I bought the delay :) and its great, but seems to dampen the tone when connected with my wah aswell :/

If it's still dampening the tone try switching it's postition aroudn with your other pedals. There is supposed to be some kind of order to the way tehy should be set up in order to get the best sound though i can't remember it off the top of my head. The results can be surprising for something that simple. Hope that might help a bit anyway.