aberdeen-music

Pittodrie Ticket Prices

Guest neil ex

spot on' date=' well said.[/quote']

Exactly why is all the onus on the fans??

If 'real' fans are supposed to pay their money regardless of the outcome do the players have any responsibilities in all this?

Anyone who watched us play at home against the OF last season will know exactly what the players are capable of, yet time and time again they fail miserably to reach anything close to that standard in the matches they should be winning at a canter. These performances are an absolute joke to watch and any claims that fans should feel obliged to waste most of a Saturday afternoon watching that shite, when they're clearly being short-changed by the players, are just plain wrong IMO.

At the kind of ticket prices prices prevalent at Scottish grounds at the moment, fans deserve some kind of entertainment....I'm not talking about Brazilian flair, but we at least want to see them putting the bit between their teeth and show some genuine 100% effort. Aberdeen currently play as if there's only 8 games a season and have done for years....when that changes, they might be able to rightly claim that they offer good value.

Right now, they're not even close.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know its frustrating when the team doesn't perform especially when you've paid out inflated prices to watch them but me point is you have to take the good with the bad. same thing is happening at cambridge at the moment due to our appaling start to the season, a lot of fans won't go whilst the current gaffer is in charge. i don't blame them just don't agree with it. if i was in engerland i'd still be shelling out to see united however much it pains me, in comparison and looking at the SPL table, aberdeen aint so bad - try being second from bottom of a tin pot league like the conference when just 12 years ago your team was 2 games away from the first season of the premiership.

at the end of the day clubs rely on the support of the fans who generally get a raw deal. my club has been mismanaged by ruthless businessmen to the point of where we were an inch away from ceasing to exist. thats scary stuff having your beloved club so close to folding and i wouldnt even wish that on a peterboro supporter and thats saying something! the last half dozen cambridge games i've seen have been total dross - devoid of passion but i still go, a sucker yes but supporting a football club is an addictive drug and a habit i just cant shake.

fans have at times ridiculous expectations at all levels but i understand the entertainment values that are expected, the reality is it just doesnt happen very often!!! but when you get the highs they are worth every pain numbing moment watching the dross!

Exactly why is all the onus on the fans??

Aberdeen currently play as if there's only 8 games a season and have done for years....when that changes' date=' they might be able to rightly claim that they offer good value.

Right now, they're not even close.[/quote']

Maybe they only play in 8 games a season because that's the only time 50% of the fans bother turning up and getting behind them, it's remarkable how much busier the home end gets when one half of the forces of darkness are in town...

fans have at times ridiculous expectations at all levels

Particularly down Pittodrie way unfortunately which is a seperate debate altogether.

Maybe they only play in 8 games a season because that's the only time 50% of the fans bother turning up and getting behind them' date=' it's remarkable how much busier the home end gets when one half of the forces of darkness are in town...[/quote']

But then the quality of football is always better so if you are to pick and choose a few games a season, they'd most likely be the best value for money. I suppose it works both ways though as the players get fired up and play better with a bigger crowd and the bigger build up to a game when the OF are in town. Another point to note is that games against the OF suit Aberdeen more as they seem better at hitting on a counter attack than trying to break down a stubborn Caley/Pars/Falkirk/Motherwell defence even if they have the ball the whole game. Quite why we've not tried to sign an inventive attacking midfielder that has a bit of vision is beyond me as Nicolson has been anon (can't remember how to spell whole word, sorry). At least Stevie Crawford's started scoring goals................oh? He's been sold..............

Lee Miller is going to have to do an awful lot of work to get the fans behind him. Remember last season when we were trying to sign him, we were chasing for a European place and United were in danger of getting relegated and he signed for United - a classic case of money ruling over ambition. Hopefully he'll give 110%, play for the shirt and bang a few goals in and make me eat my words.

i don't grudge 20 to watch Aberdeen play, especially not when we beat hibs 4-0 (last season, not that long ago really) But unfortunately i work every saturday so i can't go to games too often. People that are grippy about paying aren't fans in my opinion and there are already too many casuals at games though we can't get rid of them they pay to get in! I do think 15 for a concession is alittle to steep, bring it to 10 and more gandpas will make it down kingstreet on a fine day!

altogether I'm pretty chuffed. 50k to offload Stewart (aside from a few goals against celtic and in the reserves he's been useless) and nothing to get Miller (despite united wanting Mackie in exchange, but he wasn't willing to move. nice one). A good day's business I think. Didn't rate Crawford one bit despite his 3 goals so far and I#m glad to see him fuck of back to fife (btw homesick my arse, like dunfermline's a hard slog to get to).

i don't grudge 20 to watch Aberdeen play' date=' especially not when we beat hibs 4-0 (last season, not that long ago really) But unfortunately i work every saturday so i can't go to games too often. People that are grippy about paying aren't fans in my opinion and there are already too many casuals at games though we can't get rid of them they pay to get in! I do think 15 for a concession is alittle to steep, bring it to 10 and more gandpas will make it down kingstreet on a fine day![/quote']

I'm all for the casuals. The more intimidated the away fans feel, the less chance there is of them coming back to Pittodrie. The less away fans there are cheering their team on, the less chance there is of that team beating the Dons. Anyway, we've got some of the most notorious casuals in Scotland, and perhaps just through blind loyalty to the club, I'm proud that we're the best at something!

I'm all for the casuals. The more intimidated the away fans feel' date=' the less chance there is of them coming back to Pittodrie. The less away fans there are cheering their team on, the less chance there is of that team beating the Dons. Anyway, we've got some of the most notorious casuals in Scotland, and perhaps just through blind loyalty to the club, I'm proud that we're the best at something![/quote']

Less away fans = less atmosphere & less money for the club. The louder the away fans - the louder the home fans - the more fired up the players will get.

As for casualsI cant say Im proud that we have the best morons attaching themselves to our club. Their blind loyalty (yes, they really do us a lot of favours) to the club (or is it to fighting?!) are overshadowed by their outstanding stupidity and sickening racism.for me, personally. They are not only a disgrace to AFC but to the human race.

I can only hope your comment was tongue in cheek.

Del, maybe Januarys transfer window will be a busy time for the Us!

Much like our current batch of 'strikers'.

now that Budgie has gone (for 50 grand *snigger*), we've got a half decent bunch - if they pull their fingers out....

Lee Miller - great at Hearts / Bairns, shite at DUFC / Bristol. Fingers crossed he performs...

Stevie Lovell - started to knock em in 2nd half of last season but injury has meant he's done FA so far this year.

Dyron Daal - bit of a headless chicken to him but looked keen. Here's hoping he's more Van Der Ark than the lanky streak of piss from the season before last.

Darren MAckie - er, ok.... um.... I suppose he's our top scorer just now (2 goals!!) but he seems to trap the ball further than he can kick it.

Ach, well, i'm optimistic....

We struggle to score that's true, but good teams are built from the back and we have a fucking mean defence in front of a good shot stopper, we may be looking at a lot of 1-0 games but if we keep climbing the league I'll be happy.

On a different note - Gary Dempsey. Why? He's done absolutely fuck all in a red shirt.

We struggle to score that's true' date=' but good teams are built from the back and we have a fucking mean defence in front of a good shot stopper, we may be looking at a lot of 1-0 games but if we keep climbing the league I'll be happy.

On a different note - Gary Dempsey. Why? He's done absolutely fuck all in a red shirt.[/quote']

It is hard to complain if we are in the top 4 I suppose.

Dempsey is one of those players that JC loves - all heart, hard work and no skill! He commented recently something about Dempsey being able to pick out a pass and unlock defences. Hmmmmmmmmm. He also claims to be 24 but is clearly in his late 30's!

Less away fans = less atmosphere & less money for the club. The louder the away fans - the louder the home fans - the more fired up the players will get.

As for casualsI cant say Im proud that we have the best morons attaching themselves to our club. Their blind loyalty (yes' date=' they really do us a lot of favours) to the club (or is it to fighting?!) are overshadowed by their outstanding stupidity and sickening racism.for me, personally. They are not only a disgrace to AFC but to the human race.

I can only hope your comment was tongue in cheek.

Del, maybe Januarys transfer window will be a busy time for the Us![/quote']

It wasn't tongue in cheek. Though I've never been involved with the casual scene, I'm fascinated by it, and the reasoning behind it all, and as far as I'm concerned anything that gets the Dons press, from good performances on the pitch to notoriety amongst the fans, is a bonus in my opinion. It was a proud day the day our fans ran out of the RDS, into the South and got stuck into the Rangers fans that threw coins at Robbie Winters. Perhaps I'm an idiot, yes, but a hun taking a left hook to the side of the face is a beautiful sight to me.

Though in saying that, if one of them was stomping on my face I'd probably change my mind.

It wasn't tongue in cheek. Though I've never been involved with the casual scene' date=' I'm fascinated by it, and the reasoning behind it all, and as far as I'm concerned anything that gets the Dons press, from good performances on the pitch to notoriety amongst the fans, is a bonus in my opinion. It was a proud day the day our fans ran out of the RDS, into the South and got stuck into the Rangers fans that threw coins at Robbie Winters. Perhaps I'm an idiot, yes, but a hun taking a left hook to the side of the face is a beautiful sight to me.

Though in saying that, if one of them was stomping on my face I'd probably change my mind.[/quote']

Seeing us stuff Rangers and watching their fans trudge back to Govan with their tails between their legs is beautiful to me.

The ASC has only ever given the club a shite name and they've got no place at Pittodrie or anywhere else for that matter. If you think otherwise, you're obviously as big a bell-end as them.

f you think otherwise' date=' you're obviously as big a bell-end as them.[/quote']

Having seen a fair few casual related threads turn sour on AFC forums can I ask that you keep this one civil if that's the way it's going. Feel free to discuss the ASC but try not to call each other names please.