aberdeen-music

Pittodrie Ticket Prices

Guest neil ex

I'm beginning to think that it doesn't matter how much is spent on the squad or the cost of tickets people will always have an excuse not to go -

it's either too dear

or

stewart milne doesn't put money in the squad

or

they're shite

or

it's too cold.

simple facts are this - we're no more expensive than other SPL clubs to watch, summer of 2005 we shelled out more for new players than all but one other SPL club, we're losing money hand over fist without throwing any more away.

I'm sorry, but f*ck your excuses - the people that don't go are happy to spend an afternoon in the pub watching the English Premiership but can't be arsed watching their local team.

Maybe if all you moaning part-timer, glory hunters stopped moaning and actually going then the added revenue might - just might - help improve the team.

Three defeats in the past 6 months, not that anyone would notice......

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frieda

Aye at these prices. I might as well, no one else seems to want to go.

Its like at guy says. I can wake up in the middle o the night to watch the English Premiership over here, so I suppose it widna hurt to walk doon to pittodrie during normal daylight hours to watch aberdeen.

Its at least an excuse to shout a lot.

well it does actually. If you're not on the database at pittodrie you can't buy tickets for certain games (old firm and dundee utd basically. maybe hearts as well these days). You can only get on the system by buying a ticket so if you want to go to the bigger matches you have to buy a ticket for shite like falkirk or dunfermline coming up first.

Bloody hell, where's the sense in that? With all the complaining they've done over the last few years about games being well attended, surely that policy is nothing but counter productive for the casual fan who might want to take in a game?

I can understand security concerns - but a bit of common sense there would work wonders, surely?

you've got to support your team week in week out through the good times and the bad' date=' not stop going because they're playing shit.[/quote']

Agree with the principle in the post - you sheepies don't what relegation feels like, let alone two of them in a sodding row! I've already referred to the inflation in all divisions, it's nearly a tenner to get into Links Park nowadays, even taking in a Cove Rangers game will set you back six quid.........

In saying that though I may be the most hypocritical person who ever lived, being as how I used to support Rangers! When I moved to Aberdeen Pittodrie was on my doorstep and I started going to matches just to watch football, and ended up becoming a die hard Don, and inheriting all the suffering that goes along with it. I've sat through some fucking shit at Pittodrie but I'm still back in my seat every Saturday.

yeh and paul sheerin missed a pen! - what a mare

Jamie Langfield was in goal for us that night and had his best game in a Thistle jersey - fucking good job, or it would have been a cricket score against us......

Shots on goal IIRC: Aberdeen - 20, Thistle - none!

The joys......

Guest neil ex
Have just booked my flights over to Prague for the away leg against Sparta. Their most expensive seat in the whole stadium last season cost.......

£5.95

Must take into consideration though the value of the Czech crown compared to the British pound. I believe Tottenham will be in Prague the same week you lot are there! No surrender and all that? ;) (just joking)

Jesus' date=' while they're busy pocket raping Aberdeen fans where the fuck does all the money in Scottish football go? It certainly doesn't go on improving the level of football in this country, our youth development program is shit, there's more emphasis on getting ageing or second rate foreign players in (thats not meant in a xenophobic way btw as they do add a depth to the game). But surely there should be some sort of emphasis on making football in this country good, not lining the pockets of greedy board members/chairmen *cough Milne cough*[/quote']

Do you actually think Stewart Milne and the rest of the board are lining their pockets with money that should be invested back into the club?! We're in serious financial trouble, I canna see them doing that! Aberdeen FC or any other scottish club outside the old firm is an awful investment with no return. Milne will have lost money in AFC.

On the football side of it, we're fucking shite (one of the key issues here!) and there's not a chance in hell that even the "better" games at Pittodrie last season were worth 20. This is the sad economics of scottish football though. This is no doubt the optimum price that works the best economically.

In totally simple terms (forgetting season tickets and a lot of ins and outs):

If the tickets are 21 each and 10,000 turn up = 210,000.

reduce the price to 15 and you need 14,000 to turn up = 210,000.

Are you going to consistently get an extra 4,000 per week with this pricing strategy? I don't think so (particularly given recent performances.....ok we're 3rd, great! But it's nae been any fun)

Scottish Football is in a bad bad way. Money is unfortunately the main focus for all clubs. It sucks and all clubs have to rely on their "diehards" to sustain them. My diehardness is wavering......

Mon the Scotland though! I've got my ridiculous national team optimism back!

You fairweather supporters aren't real fans. you've got to support your team week in week out through the good times and the bad' date=' not stop going because they're playing shit.[/quote']

Damn me for wanting to be entertained for my 21! I know what youre saying though - as I said, clubs rely on their die-hards to sustain them so good on ya!

Theres a level of fan in-between fair-weather and die-hard and recently Ive slipped into that category. I still consider myself a real fan but I just couldnt face going last Saturday. I had a bad case of Pittodrie-Induced Depression after the Caley game which didnt really clear up till about Tuesday. It really wore me down so for the good of my mental health I stayed at home. I think however that staying up until 12.30 when you are knackered on a Monday night just to see the 2 minutes of highlights on ScotSport SPL is punishment enough for not attending the game.

Guest DustyDeviada
I think however that staying up until 12.30 when you are knackered on a Monday night just to see the 2 minutes of highlights on ScotSport SPL is punishment enough for not attending the game.

Just watch the goals on North Tonight on Monday.