aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

Elvisness this Saturday - Baby Karma, Bill Ely & the Catnips, Kill Baby...Kill plus..

Elvisness feat King Voodoo+The Epics +Baby Karma+Tupelo Town Assembly+Bill Ely & the Catnips+Finniston+Kill Baby...Kill+Emma Foreman+Dave Dixon (compere)

Saturday 19th August

10 (6.75 concessions and Regulars)

Doors open: 8.30pm Show starts: 9pm

Yet another night to remember is in prospect for all music fans and not just loyal subjects of The King as we present our annual celebration of the music of the man who invented rock'n'roll. It's a typically eclectic Elvisness lineup with perennial rockabilly rebels King Voodoo delivering their superb appreciation alongside classic rock'n'roll from The Epics, acoustic sweetness from Finniston, and something a little more left-field from Baby Karma, Kill Baby...Kill and Bill Ely and the Catnips.

Line up info I have for Tupelo Town Assembly below - do you know is that still correct TwoJoe?

Featuring Phil Rae from Lorenzo Snow Collective, Amy Sawers, Jim Ewen and Andy Stephen from Staccato Set

Line up info I have for Tupelo Town Assembly below - do you know is that still correct TwoJoe?

Featuring Phil Rae from Lorenzo Snow Collective' date=' Amy Sawers, Jim Ewen and Andy Stephen from Staccato Set[/quote']

Sure is! :up: (KEEP US AWAY FROM THE BOOZE!):)

Union Avenue

Sex Pistols Experience

aka SKA

The Wildcards

or Elvisness - it's a tough one but Dave has a number 5 for me so Elvisness it is.

Union Avenue

Sex Pistols Experience

aka SKA

The Wildcards

or Elvisness - it's a tough one but Dave has a number 5 for me so Elvisness it is.

Jeez, a fair bit on in town then! Glad to have you on board though Biz, you've made the right decision.

God dammit! Do I go to this or go to the Tunnels?! I hate it when this happens...

I too am biased and another reason to go is to watch the horrified Elvis nuts 'not' getting the interpretations by the artists, or has it improved since the early days?

The Tupelo lot (us) are sounding rather good. Three way vox to die for! I have probably just jinxed ito_O

Nah!

Gonna be a rather good evening me thinks!

I too am biased and another reason to go is to watch the horrified Elvis nuts 'not' getting the interpretations by the artists' date=' or has it improved since the early days?

The Tupelo lot (us) are sounding rather good. Three way vox to die for! I have probably just jinxed ito_O

Nah!

Gonna be a rather good evening me thinks![/quote']

That true. I have been warned that many bands get boo'd by the Elvisheads. I think our butchering ala Kraftwerk robotic shall get a few boo's but meh, that's half the appeal of playing. :)

It seems we've managed to turn "Can't help falling in love" into a threat rather than a beautiful love song.:p

I look forward to hearing Tupelo as the line-up sounds a tad lush.

That true. I have been warned that many bands get boo'd by the Elvisheads. I think our butchering ala Kraftwerk robotic shall get a few boo's but meh' date=' that's half the appeal of playing. :)

It seems we've managed to turn "Can't help falling in love" into a threat rather than a beautiful love song.:p

I look forward to hearing Tupelo as the line-up sounds a tad lush.[/quote']

Hehehe

Wee Amy surrounded by a burl!

When Atom Flask played years and years and years ago it was to half a room of nodding heads and half a room of teary eyed open jawed badge wearing fan(atic)s. I think some alomost had a breakdown at our psychedelic guitar driven-drum n bass-rock n roll wigouts with a posturing, and injured, 'I'm greater then Elvis' frontman.

I wish I had been there to see it!

Can't wait.

I'm liking the 'love song as threat' idea.

Look out in the P&J on saturday for Elvisness connected fun. By fun I mean Steve and I staring into a lense.

We're not on a 10:30pm. Good treat. I may have a spare guestlist place going... if I do... and you want to go then I will ask a question and if you answer it correctly you'll get in.

I'll have to see if I do. I'll confirm before GMTV is finished tomorrow.

Look out in the P&J on saturday for Elvisness connected fun. By fun I mean Steve and I staring into a lense.

We're not on a 10:30pm. Good treat. I may have a spare guestlist place going... if I do... and you want to go then I will ask a question and if you answer it correctly you'll get in.

I'll have to see if I do. I'll confirm before GMTV is finished tomorrow.

Spare guest list space? 'Lester No Mates!';):kiss:

Guest MDP

anyone got rough running order and times? im hoping to catch TOG @ kef, then head over and dont wanna miss kill baby...kil

anyone got an old frying pan ?, if you have , take it along and I'll do a solo using it and the bus shelter outside the Lemon Tree - the more pans - the greater the Pop gun assasins performance - people of a nervous disposition, heart problems, or ladies wanting to retain dryness in the pants area are well advised to stay well clear -there winna be a dry seat in the hoose, cheers , The Popgun assasin

Spare guest list space? 'Lester No Mates!';):kiss:

Most of my mates dinnae really like Elvis :p

My mum and dad were suppose to come but aren't now. I'm actually currently sitting with two guest list spaces and I'm clueless who to give them to.

So yeah... Nay mates, Burnham ;)

anyone got rough running order and times? im hoping to catch TOG @ kef' date=' then head over and dont wanna miss kill baby...kil[/quote']

Yup.

Running order is as follows...

20.30 Doors

21.10 Dave Dixon (Wee stage)

21.20 The Epics (Main Stage)

22.00 Dave Dixon (Wee stage)

22.10 Finniston (Wee stage)

22.30 Kill Baby Kill (Main Stage)

22.50 DJ

23.10 Bill Ely & Catnips (Wee stage)

23.25 Tupelo Town Assembly (Main Stage)

23.45 Dave Dixon (Wee Stage)

23.55 Emma Forman (Wee stage)

00.10 King Voodoo (Main Stage)

c.12.45am Finish/DJ

2am Curfew

I'm looking forward to seeing how this two stage set-up works.

Yup.

Running order is as follows...

20.30 Doors

21.10 Dave Dixon (Wee stage)

21.20 The Epics (Main Stage)

22.00 Dave Dixon (Wee stage)

22.10 Finniston (Wee stage)

22.30 Kill Baby Kill (Main Stage)

22.50 DJ

23.10 Bill Ely & Catnips (Wee stage)

23.25 Tupelo Town Assembly (Main Stage)

23.45 Dave Dixon (Wee Stage)

23.55 Emma Forman (Wee stage)

00.10 King Voodoo (Main Stage)

c.12.45am Finish/DJ

2am Curfew

My mum and dad were suppose to come but aren't now. I'm actually currently sitting with two guest list spaces and I'm clueless who to give them to.

Hello Sharon, fancy seeing you here? Up to much tomorrow night? I'm not. ;) Actually, to hell with 'subtlety', either of those two guest list spaces still free?

Hello Sharon' date=' fancy seeing you here? Up to much tomorrow night? I'm not. ;) Actually, to hell with 'subtlety', either of those two guest list spaces still free?[/quote']

I assume I'll be giving one away to my boyfriend but I certainly have at least one spare and I'd be more than happy to give it to someone so worthy (you're in my good books for the Trademark thing :D)

I assume I'll be giving one away to my boyfriend but I certainly have at least one spare and I'd be more than happy to give it to someone so worthy (you're in my good books for the Trademark thing :D)

Tah Sharon! I'll give you a PM :)