aberdeen-music

Elvisness this Saturday - Baby Karma, Bill Ely & the Catnips, Kill Baby...Kill plus..

Jamie

I really do have to applaud the Lemon Tree for an excellent night - And all the acts involved that I caught. The two stage system worked exceptionally well' date=' I thought - Full credit to Dave Dixon for making it flow so smoothly.

Highlights were Billy Ely, Kill Baby... Kill and Tupelo Town Assembly. David Lynch must have had a nagging feeling he was missing something when TTA were playing, and Andy Bass really should sing more often.[/quote']

Glad it went down well, I thought all the bands I caught were excellent too.

Yeah, I almost expected a midget to appear from behind the curtains and say something backwards during Tupelo Town Assemby's set there was such a David Lynch fell to it - Andy's vocal on Blue Moon was amazing - maybe the drink was starting to get the better of me, but it seemed almost note perfect to Elvis' version - would have brought a tear to a glass eye.

Kill Baby...Kill's You're So Square was ace too, and King Voodoo's set.

The Main Stage gig on the 9th of September is going to have 3 stages in operation.

I do believe Andy's vocal was bang on the money and what with Amy coming in underneath with a lower sultry vocal. yum. I near had to stop drumming at one point for a good listen.

I hadn't been to an Elvisness since the first one to be honest and had my reservations about the old gaurd being out in force but it was simply a great night of music. Seamless evening and hats off to the Tech team for putting it all together fuss free and making so many acts sound fine. The two stage set up worked a treat. Has it been done many times in the past?

We've done it for 2 or 3 of the most recent Elvis nights and will probably do it for the Johnny Cash night in Sep too. It obviously only works if you've a reasonable split between full bands and duo/solo acts as the second stage isn't that big.

Another great night. Kill Baby...Kill, Bill Ely and TTA were superb as were Dave Dixon and King Voodoo but we pretty much take that for granted at Elvisness now. Finniston were really good too, great choice of songs.

• 1 year later...
Hehehe

Wee Amy surrounded by a burl!

When Atom Flask played years and years and years ago it was to half a room of nodding heads and half a room of teary eyed open jawed badge wearing fan(atic)s. I think some alomost had a breakdown at our psychedelic guitar driven-drum n bass-rock n roll wigouts with a posturing, and injured, 'I'm greater then Elvis' frontman.

I wish I had been there to see it!

Can't wait.

I'm liking the 'love song as threat' idea.

I wasn't injured. Drunk probably

X

• 4 months later...