aberdeen-music

What would you like us to cover?

Mac Atom

Re: Re: What would you like us to cover?

Originally posted by stripey

How about you actually write something yourself. Covers are sad as fuck!

How about you wise-up... as if we haven't written anything ourselves. Its supposed to be fun... we do the odd cover of songs that people want to hear, why is that sad?!?

Searching through the forums of bands you don't enjoy, just to find something to make a pointless dig at? That's as sad as fuck!! :finger:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Re: Re: What would you like us to cover?

Originally posted by Mac Atom

How about you wise-up... as if we haven't written anything ourselves. Its supposed to be fun... we do the odd cover of songs that people want to hear, why is that sad?!?

Searching through the forums of bands you don't enjoy, just to find something to make a pointless dig at? That's as sad as fuck!! :finger:

I'd rather hear the original than a crappy cover by some highschool wannabes! Isnt music supposed to be about creativity and expression?

Is it art or is it an entertainment product?

Re: Re: What would you like us to cover?

How about you actually write something yourself. Covers are sad as fuck!

Do yourself a favour go into oneUP and by the Atom CD "out of exile" and see how good their own material is...oh and do your self a favour and shut the fuck up. Heaps of bands do the odd cover to satisfy fans of their genre and others...don't make me write a list.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you like us to cover?

I'd rather hear the original than a crappy cover by some highschool wannabes! Isnt music supposed to be about creativity and expression?

Is it art or is it an entertainment product?

you can be creative and express yourself by playing a cover, but you can't really say black atom's cover of the trooper was very creative

black atom, why don't you do a cover that isn't so predictable and easy for you guys to pull off?

maybe a good pop song in the stylee of the atom? just a suggestion

maybe a cover of a cure song would be interesting?!

mac's pal, yousef

;)

i might try and make it to an atom gig sometime, because it's been a while

:cheers:

Re: Re: Re: What would you like us to cover?

Originally posted by Tav

Do yourself a favour go into oneUP and by the Atom CD "out of exile" and see how good their own material is...oh and do your self a favour and shut the fuck up. Heaps of bands do the odd cover to satisfy fans of their genre and others...don't make me write a list.

No, its sad as fuck. Satisfy the fans? Maybe it satisfies a few teenage MTV kids but it dont satisfy me!

No, its sad as fuck. Satisfy the fans? Maybe it satisfies a few teenage MTV kids but it dont satisfy me!

Your extreme knowledge is blinding, infact, I can't even see my hand in front of my left leg due to it.

Have you ever watched MTV or listened to Black Atom? Or do you just form your opinions based on what some other people have told you? We should meet up some time, i'll buy you a Black Atom EP, and we can eat those flavoured travel sweeties everyone's grandparents keep in their cars.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you like us to cover?

Originally posted by Foreskin Ninja

Your extreme knowledge is blinding, infact, I can't even see my hand in front of my left leg due to it.

Have you ever watched MTV or listened to Black Atom? Or do you just form your opinions based on what some other people have told you? We should meet up some time, i'll buy you a Black Atom EP, and we can eat those flavoured travel sweeties everyone's grandparents keep in their cars.

I'd rather spend the 3 quid on a pack of fags. No pun intended.

It's not sad at all. It's paying homage to a band or performer that has influenced that particular band. Sometimes it's an obvious cover, but occassionally a cover can show a completely different side to a band.

All my favourite bands have performed covers at one point or another during their careers. In particular, Dream Theater have performed 'Number of the Beast', '2112' and 'Master of Puppets' in their entirety during various concerts. As a fan, it was interesting and enjoyable to learn what had inspired the band to form and begin writing their own material. I doubt whether they did this to satisfy a few teenage MTV kids, do you?

Either open your mind up a little, or change your profile.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you like us to cover?

I'd rather spend the 3 quid on a pack of fags. No pun intended.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Homosexual jokes...... you've outdone yourself.

Just to make sure, I went and read as many of your posts as I could... no doubt about it, you are a complete wank. Now fuck off and stop stirring shit with your oh-so-cool computer music bollocks, we couldn't really care less!!

Guitars rule! :headbang:

P.S. Suck my balls! :finger:

Eh I think most Black Atom fans wouldn't even listen to most of the pish that is overplayed on MTV so I dunno where you got that from.

Just quit your moaning and Go Home!

Originally posted by Mouse

Eh I think most Black Atom fans wouldn't even listen to most of the pish that is overplayed on MTV so I dunno where you got that from.

Just quit your moaning and Go Home!

hehh he h eh eheh h eh yeah beavis, slayer rocks \m/

Metallica - Garage Inc = double Cd...all covers...great

Some guy called Stripey = gay opinonated twat

Atom you thought of doing something off Garage Inc...like "Blitkrieg" or "Am I evil?"

Originally posted by Tav

Metallica - Garage Inc = double Cd...all covers...great

Some guy called Stripey = gay opinonated twat

Atom you thought of doing something off Garage Inc...like "Blitkrieg" or "Am I evil?"

Better to be opinionated than yet another pawn in someone elses commercial enterprise.