aberdeen-music

AMY SAWERS @ the Northsound awards

sparkles

(Amy told me to say this but I wanted to anyway).:up:;)

where is the aimster(sic) anyway? is she gonne make a personal appearance on this? im up in ullapool for 7 days visitin the folks...bored shitless... only tourists left in my hometown....so iv a funny feelin il be spendin a fair bit o time on the ol' man's laptop.its either that or take to the hills... but its pissin down.... knew i should have taken the geetar!

where is the aimster(sic) anyway? is she gonne make a personal appearance on this? im up in ullapool for 7 days visitin the folks...bored shitless... only tourists left in my hometown....so iv a funny feelin il be spendin a fair bit o time on the ol' man's laptop.its either that or take to the hills... but its pissin down.... knew i should have taken the geetar!

This forum is surley beneath her! It's only the riff raff that come on here no? See her in an hour or so so I'll say hi but have my suspicions that she wont be able to say hi back. Maybe a rasp...

Is this thread dead?

'SPARKLES HAS LEFT THE FORUM'

This forum is surley beneath her! It's only the riff raff that come on here no? See her in an hour or so so I'll say hi but have my suspicions that she wont be able to say hi back. Maybe a rasp...

Is this thread dead?

'SPARKLES HAS LEFT THE FORUM'

ah dunno? i came on cos somebody sounded me out that i might find it disturbing but im gonna try an keep it alive cos like i said im gonna bored shitless* all week! so who out there wants to talk shit with me?? sparkles has left cos im on to who it actually is!! i cant say until the men with the white coats order her size....

Right... well now that sparkles has left the building i'm gonna talk about what this forums actually about(yawn).... THE NORTHSOUND AWARDS... my experience o it by j.r hartley...sorry S.M.Hossack.... twas a weird night... i thought i was dressed quite smart but turns out i was the only one with jeans on(i did make an effort with the shoes but couldnt get the blue dye out o my brown suede)... squirmed like a Cobain gettin my pic taken on the red carpet outside the hall(you couldnt even hypnotise me into being a flash git if you hired Derren Brown)... that didnt stop me suppin on free champagne tho and after much head to toe glances from the more aptly dressed posh revellers we resigned to the ceremony to receive a three course meal( i wanted a king rib supper but you got what you were given)... i started to feel at home with the bangers an mash but then the dessert was bizarre...why they serve posh pudding in the tiniest of portions with the HUGEST plates ill never know!... Euan and Amy lapped it up whilst givin me 'parental looks' for playing with my food! soon after that this trio of irish beauties who were sittin at our table broke into acapella song and the spotlight was on our table.... cue squirming and much floor watchin( i must get the dye out of those shoes kinda thing)... at this point the public were not yet in the arena... oh yeah the irish girl band were called Trinity. i prefer the shopping centre myself. when the punters finally came floodin in and fillin the balconies we got treated to Trinity again,this time on stage Kareoke style... joy.... soon followed by the catalogue boy one from Blue... he did his kareoke thing too(hes not as good at kareoke as my dad after a few)... blah...blah went down stairs to anticipate going on stage to pass amy a guitar that didnt work... amy got her award and played patience with an unplugged sounding geetar.... what was the soundman DOING???? maybe sparkles got a hold of him? anyways despite that she pulled it off wonderfully... soon after that i went home.... NOW,WHERE THE HELL WAS THE WRITE-UP IN THE 'LOCAL' PRESS EH EH?????!!!!!!!

tell me more about the crazy shit....?

Its a crazy marketing ploy to get you in the door... Watch him Stuart, watch him. He sneaks up on you and the next thing you know you are listening and enjoying a band that you would ordinarly run a mile from.

I refer to the Ska thing I saw a few weeks ago by the way Biz. I rather enjoyed it. Pete's Rock N Rollness never ceases to amuse me though. :up:

Wait till you see 16 again - Petes guitar playing is phenomenal' date=' and they are even better than aka SKA -and I will be playing drums with them and Cyberpiper,and special guests .[/quote']

speakin of aka ska im due a wee jamboree with colin from said band when i return from the hills.... i miss ghost of bongo... are they still a band????

speakin of aka ska im due a wee jamboree with colin from said band when i return from the hills.... i miss ghost of bongo... are they still a band????

Technically we are still a band but in reality it has been about 2 months since we have played together. Split between two cities, although doable, is a logistic nightmare. The problems are amplified having a singer who works off-shore! Really want to kick-start it again. Oh yeah, and we are having drummer difficulty - in that we don't have one! We were just using whoever was available before two of the guys moved to Edinburgh. Ideally they will find someone down there, but I don't know how well that's going.

When we going to be doing some music then?

Colin

Any chance of you taking some action shots at Drummonds ?' date=' if the sucking a golf ball through a hosepipe episode goes to plan - (bet it's less than 10 minutes) , you will have plenty time to nip doon The Moorings and photograph some REAL mean, YES, men who are so secure in their sexuality they wear make up - not in a poofy way - more like in a macho - Hi baby fancy trading lipstick - sorta way , I will NOT be wearing make up as it no doubt would make me so attractive that random groupies may try to molest me, and that just wouldn't do, after all I'm old enough to be your dad, if not older brother - either way it's incest .

I can't wait to see the pics and review of the proceedings - with taste , aroma, longevity, girth, and length statistics revealed - for reviews of the events in the next Fudge Fanzine, cheers Biz.[/quote']

This may be the post of the year.

youd have been about 15/16 when we were last playin no? so in what way exactly do you miss funktree. FUNKTREE were not funk or were not trying to be but we licked the leaves of the soul plant' date='brother.......[/quote']

Aye i must have only been about 15/16 but i had the album and much enjoyed it. 'Spaced' was an unbelieveable track - in the top 3 of my most played songs on iTunes. Only managed to see you once, i think it was towards the end of Funktree. Twas at Drummonds, can't remember when. You played the whole album apart from 'Spaced' lol.

Aye i must have only been about 15/16 but i had the album and much enjoyed it. 'Spaced' was an unbelieveable track - in the top 3 of my most played songs on iTunes. Only managed to see you once' date=' i think it was towards the end of Funktree. Twas at Drummonds, can't remember when. You played the whole album apart from 'Spaced' lol.[/quote']

nice one!! spaced was about watching kubrics 2001 a space oddissy(or however you spell it) stoned when i was about 20... hence the first line! the hook 'i would be honoured if youd be my guide' refers to my mate who actually understood the film.... crazy song but glad you like it!!!

Technically we are still a band but in reality it has been about 2 months since we have played together. Split between two cities' date=' although doable, is a logistic nightmare. The problems are amplified having a singer who works off-shore! Really want to kick-start it again. Oh yeah, and we are having drummer difficulty - in that we don't have one! We were just using whoever was available before two of the guys moved to Edinburgh. Ideally they will find someone down there, but I don't know how well that's going.

When we going to be doing some music then?

Colin[/quote']

ill be in touch when i return from the hills.... i may bring you back an ullapudlian sheep. theyre so much sexier than aberdeenshire ewe

ill be in touch when i return from the hills.... i may bring you back an ullapudlian sheep. theyre so much sexier than aberdeenshire ewe

speaking of ullapool, i've just dug out your appearence on my radio show on lochbroom fm 'talking music' from 1997, amongst the delights we reviewed that week were robbie williams, strangelove and spearhaed! you were talking bout that band you had in the early 90's with wiggy, i fondly remember you doing a gig outside the seaforth!!! say hello to the sheep btw :up:

apologies for another change in this thread!

speaking of ullapool' date=' i've just dug out your appearence on my radio show on lochbroom fm 'talking music' from 1997, amongst the delights we reviewed that week were robbie williams, strangelove and spearhaed! you were talking bout that band you had in the early 90's with wiggy, i fondly remember you doing a gig outside the seaforth!!! say hello to the sheep btw :up:

apologies for another change in this thread![/quote']

Ah del.... nice one.... oh shit that was a long time ago but i vaguely remember it.... the show that is.... i remember disliking everyone i had to review... and soundin like a total radio studio virgin... i remember the gig outside the seaforth quite well,i was 15 ,we were doing stuff like guns n roses and the ramones(and even James!)... was it yourself we did the northsound sesh with Funktree??? thats quite vague too!!

i would imagine it was!!! yeah it was funny i listened to the whole show and you were slagging everything off, thats what review shows are there for the music in general that week was pretty poor, paul mccartney came in for a particulary hard time!!