aberdeen-music

Ray lamontagne...

black_matter

What do people think of him?

it just clicked in my mind to see what you lot think of him because he supported david gray at the aecc' date=' and his vocals are abseloutely astounding live. So whit's yer thoughts?[/quote']

Like his album, would see him live if he'd stop supprting acts like David Gray.

I bought the LP when it first came out, and love it, it's honest and soulful. (which is funny, 'cos he used to work in a factory making shoes).

I missed the first tour of Trouble, as I was in Oz (but he cancelled due to illness), and he re-sheduled again (when I was in London), but was away in Spain at the time...I am destined not to see a live show!...

great sunday morning music, love it.

I saw him last November at the Royal Concert Hall in Glasgow and he was breathtaking.

I was shivering all over.

I've had his album since last April and it's amongst my favourites in my collection. He really is outstanding.

Live it was just him with his acoustic, a double bass player, and for some songs a drummer with a totally stripped down kit.

It was simple and just perfect.

In a way I wish the album wasn't being re-released! I feel like things are a bit more special when not as many people know about them, I want to keep him all to myself, hehe!

Having said that, hopefully now he'll get the recognition he deserves.

It's probably nothing to do with him, it's the record company trying to squeeze as much out of the LP as possible...

and rightly so, I don't think it was given the exposure it deserved first time round, I think the David Gray support will do him the world of good (fan base wise), but it is a bit of a shame he'll be "well known" (but that's great for him!)...

think about it, he'll probably have heaps of tunes on the go, and they will be well edited and crafted, so not a "hasty follow up second LP"...(which will be good news for us!).

Burn, the 5th song on the album is beautiful. I particularly like the line

"don't pay no mind, to my watering eyes, must be something in the air that I'm breathing, yes and try to ignore, all this blood on the floor, it's just this heart on my sleeve that's a bleedin". The soul is dripping from his voice there.

I too was at the gig in Glasgow in November, absolutely brilliant! Thought all the soul may have been lost at the AECC though, a shit venue at the best of times and I didn't really fancy seeing David Gray. Was anyone there?

Unfortunately one of his songs ("Trouble" I think) was used in the recent chick flick "Prime". I don't know what's worse, his song being used in that film or the fact that I have seen that film......

• 1 month later...