aberdeen-music

Clerks 2 trailer

jester1470

Guest Tam o' Shantie

looks totally mind numbingly rubbish

"don't look at his pee-pee" - wow kevin smith, where did you suddenly find your talent for writing cutting edge comedy...make sure you get some footage of a guy farting and someone slipping on a banana skin to complete the effect.

Jay looks old and doesn't talk with a high pitched raspy voice anymore, randall always puts on a stupid voice these days...totally unnecessary sequel. the trailer reminds me of 'anchorman', comedy based on guys talking in funny voices and saying naughty words...100% suitable for the average american 'comedy' fan, but I expect better from mr smith.

"don't look at his pee-pee" - wow kevin smith' date=' where did you suddenly find your talent for writing cutting edge comedy...make sure you get some footage of a guy farting and someone slipping on a banana skin to complete the effect.

Jay looks old and doesn't talk with a high pitched raspy voice anymore, randall always puts on a stupid voice these days...totally unnecessary sequel. the trailer reminds me of 'anchorman', comedy based on guys talking in funny voices and saying naughty words...100% suitable for the average american 'comedy' fan, but I expect better from mr smith.[/quote']

See, sadly I though the 'don't look at his wee-wee' line was hte best part of that trailer. I'm with you on the Randall thing though, it was fine in the original Clerks but sounds really weird now.

• 1 month later...

I have now seen Clerks 2. It's *MUCH* better than I expected it to be . Even more puerile than most of his stuff - think more Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back than Clerks.

And the best bit? Kevin Smith did a Q&A session after the screening. He's an incredibly funny man (just a shame that the only people that asked questions were the geeky fanboys who couldn't ask anything that wasn't about comics).

"don't look at his pee-pee" - wow kevin smith' date=' where did you suddenly find your talent for writing cutting edge comedy...make sure you get some footage of a guy farting and someone slipping on a banana skin to complete the effect.

Jay looks old and doesn't talk with a high pitched raspy voice anymore, randall always puts on a stupid voice these days...totally unnecessary sequel. the trailer reminds me of 'anchorman', comedy based on guys talking in funny voices and saying naughty words...100% suitable for the average american 'comedy' fan, but I expect better from mr smith.[/quote']

Whens your films coming out dude? cant wait to see them im guessing there going to ground breaking productions aye??????

Oh you dont produce movies your just a gobby shite who has no friends? ahhhh i seee

i've been coming to this site since i was about 15yrs old (i'm 19 now), generally i don't post cause there's a lot of drama but let me get this straight.. you think you should only be allowed to post if you think something is wonderful? from what i gathered tom is a kevin smith fan and all he did was comment that this didn't look too great. which is fair enough, just cause it's clerks 2 doesn't mean everyone has to wet themselves over how amazingly good it looks... so no i don't need to "appreciate attitudes", i think you do.

FAIR DOOS

But general feeling on this board is peoples negative comments and attitudes just suck simple as that.........

Most if not all kevin smith (Jay&Bob films) are based on fart jokes and genral stoner behavour..So what was he expecting from clerks 2

Another thing gang up all you want but if you are so much active in this forum do a post check on certain members you will see there shitty attiude in most posts (im nae just saying tam here)

never said that people didn't have a shit attitude, and i just had a look at YOUR previous posts and you made one especially to say that lovejoy sucks. people in glass houses...

and ganging up? it's the internet. get a grip, you're hardly a victim of e-bullying now are you?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was funny. Iv always had a soft spot for Jay too, and he was looking preeeeeety good in the film i thought. Even imitating Silence of the Lambs.....

The whole love triangle involving Dante was a bit annoying though.