aberdeen-music

hayfever

Ollie

bit of a bitch if you have it. Drives me up the wall. Every year i think ive grown out of it but when the sneezing, tiredness, runny nose, coughing, itchy bloody eyes and tickly throat starts i realise that i havent. Anyone else have it? Must get some clarytin

Must get some clarytin

Dont do that, most of the supermarket chains do cheap alternatives.... 99p for a weeks supply, Asda do them, two different sorts non-drowsy and regular, buy both and see what works for you, get some good eye drops also and use them every day for a more pleasant summer...

G...

• 4 weeks later...
Dont do that' date=' most of the supermarket chains do cheap alternatives.... 99p for a weeks supply, Asda do them, two different sorts non-drowsy and regular, buy both and see what works for you, get some good eye drops also and use them every day for a more pleasant summer...

G...[/quote']

You got to watch what you take for hayfever.

I'm not at bad as I used to be when I was younger as I only need to take tablets these days

However

For me Clarityn only works for half a day before I start feeling the effects of hayfever again.

Piriton gives me sinus pain as I am allergic to it.

I used to take Beconase until they changed it from an aerosol (which worked fine) to an aquause spray as the aquause spray gave me nose bleeds.

Always check with your doctor before taking any hayfever meds

I find Telfast (fexofenadine) works best for me but it's only available on prescription, but thats just me it may not work for everyone.

All hayfever meds are cheaper using a prescription including the ones you can buy over the counter as you can get a months supply for just the one prescription price.

If you have any serious hayfever symptoms off the shelf meds are not strong enough and if you are a child or Student thats poor' date=' prescriptions are free

I think it's 6.10 at the moment[/quote']

Well I have suffered from hay fever for 40yrs and asdas own make at 99p works for me.

All hayfever meds are cheaper using a prescription including the ones you can buy over the counter as you can get a months supply for just the one prescription price.

Stop moving the goal posts.

Graeme C - were you not on this site earlier today, bemoaning the quality of the posts?

Coz I'll tell you, this one enters sheep from behind.

"I've got hay fever"

"Bummer, so have I"

"Aye, it's no' richt fine at all"

"Buy some anti-histamines"

"They're cheaper oot the Super"

"Naw their no'"

"Aye they are"

...etc...

F*****g riveting o_O

If you have any serious hayfever symptoms off the shelf meds are not strong enough and if you are a child or Student thats poor' date=' prescriptions are free

I think it's 6.10 at the moment[/quote']

Prescriptions are 6.50.

Asda's own make Antihestamines contain exactly the same ingredients as brand name products which are 4 times the price. This is similarly true with Anadin Extra, Asprin, Sudafed etc., you can get the SAME thing in Boots for a quarter of the price.

Prescriptions are 6.50.

Asda's own make Antihestamines contain exactly the same ingredients as brand name products which are 4 times the price. This is similarly true with Anadin Extra' date=' Asprin, Sudafed etc., you can get the SAME thing in Boots for a quarter of the price.[/quote']

Except for the ones that are prescription only

Hayfever sucks.

I know its not as strong as presciption meds, but I use the pills you get at ASDA - you get 7 for 97p or something - so 30 = about £4 which is less than prescriptions and it does seem to work pretty well - used to take Zirtec tho and that was much better, but my symptoms arent as bad these days - it comes and goes.