aberdeen-music

DOWN at the ABC

medichi

They were fucking GREAT! I walked in just before the screen dropped, and they walked on and started up and the place went NUTS. Storming gig, first time I've seen Anselmo (who was clearly pished as a fart) and he NAILED it. Despite being drunk his voice is awesome, no duff notes, great scream. Loved it loved it loved it.....

yeah i agree with you on that! It was a really ace gig! Phil was indeed well wasted, ya could tell Pepper n Rex where getting a bit pissed off at him near the end, and who the hell gave him the guitar? He sucked at playing it hahaha! Best bit was 2 songs in when Phil fell over, was funny as fuck!! But yeah his voice has def not gone downhill he sounded rad like!

But it was an amazing gig non the less, waited a long time to see Phil n Rex and also the rest of Down of course, shame people forget it is not Phil's band and i have now even more respect for Pepper as his guitar playing last night was incredible! Great drummin by Jimmy and Kirk is just plain mad! I am sooo glad i got to go and see them live, good crowd as well! I have a feelin they will use quite a lot of the footage from Glasgow gig in their dvd as some well funny shit went down!

One of the best days of my life like! Was an amazing gig!

yeah i agree with you on that! It was a really ace gig! Phil was indeed well wasted' date=' ya could tell Pepper n Rex where getting a bit pissed off at him near the end, and who the hell gave him the guitar? He sucked at playing it hahaha! Best bit was 2 songs in when Phil fell over, was funny as fuck!! But yeah his voice has def not gone downhill he sounded rad like!

But it was an amazing gig non the less, waited a long time to see Phil n Rex and also the rest of Down of course, shame people forget it is not Phil's band and i have now even more respect for Pepper as his guitar playing last night was incredible! Great drummin by Jimmy and Kirk is just plain mad! I am sooo glad i got to go and see them live, good crowd as well! I have a feelin they will use quite a lot of the footage from Glasgow gig in their dvd as some well funny shit went down!

One of the best days of my life like! Was an amazing gig![/quote']

So it was good then? :p

Well i had the full pleasure of meeting Jimmy Bower in the flesh outside the cathouse on

friday night, shared some booze and some smokage with him.

The gig itself was the fucking shit , top performance from everyone ( apart from the acid trippers in the pit ).

Got myself an entire new wardrobe of down merch which was quite dear but worth it.

who was the aberdeen dude that got arrested after the gig?

Was a fucking stormer! At the fucking front the whole time in a hoodie!! how METAL am I!? Nae as METAL as the guy that Phil took the Leather off though!! hahaha Pepper is a god though. no disrespect to Kirk but Pepper!!! was blown away. Contemplations of a wee flight to Belfast for the 12th are being had... hehe

DOON! DOON! DOON! DOON! DOON!

"Do any of you motherfuckers smoke weed......?"

I fully expected to bump into you' date=' but clearly was not to be. Why weren't you there?[/quote']

i wasn't fully aware of it, with just finishing uni and stuff like that... with Nola being one of my top ten albums of all time, I'm very gutted to say that I missed it :(

twas a pretty good gig.

shame the sound was pish though. also a fair few fuck ups from the band which i thought was the sound but apparently not.

got really pished though so it was all good fun!

the blonde barmaid in there was really fucking hot too. ;-)

Spoken like a true pussy who stood at the back!! Well done!! Marked the occasion by standing at the bar. Quality.

lol that makes me laugh. i dont think i said i stood at the bar did i? you need to go to THE BAR (which is at the back) to get beer.

how would you have marked the gig like? jerking off all over Phil Anselmo?

I think he would be jerking off all over Pepper Keenen to get your facts right :up:

so Cherry pie was it you that got arrested?

lol that makes me laugh. i dont think i said i stood at the bar did i? you need to go to THE BAR (which is at the back) to get beer.

how would you have marked the gig like? jerking off all over Phil Anselmo?

Naw that's more my flat mates style. Pepper is more my sorta guy haha.

Sorry i was afa stoned when i posted that so never realised the true extent of it's harshness. Don't even know ya. I never made it to the bar. Was at the front for the 2 hours.