aberdeen-music

Thin Lizzy or Iron Maiden ? ( Lizzy of course! )

voodoo_chile

How dare you insult Iron Maiden Leckie! :p

You'd usually expect a straight Iron Maiden answer from me but I really have to give it a draw. I have been big fans of both bands for a while, both have really talented guitar players and some special songs. But it was Thin Lizzy that really brought the twin guitar thing into play (yes I know bands like Wishbone Ash had done it before, but not to that affect) & this influenced so many bands. I'd say Maiden have the great epics, but Lizzy have the simpler more perfectly constructed songs. Both are underrated in my eye but Lizzy more so. Most people who say they like Lizzy have only heard Jailbreak or The Boys Are Back In Town, there is so much to them than that!

Oh yeah you need to buy that if you have any liking of Thin Lizzy as it shows all the musicians to their full potentials. From what ive heard of iron maiden its fairly samey, and another thing, Lizzy started harmonised rock guitar, and maiden use that alot ive noticed, so without lizzy, no maiden ( although no iron maiden could be a nice thing ). Wishbone Ash are just too shite to count as a band in my opinion so i dont value them as starting of harmonized rock, it was Lizzy!!!!

Rainbow was ritchie blackmore's band he was in between 1975 and 1984. Cozy Powell was the drummer, and Graham Bonnet the vocalist....

they had such hits as Since You've Been Gone, Long Live Rock and Roll, I Surrender, and the album Difficult to Cure, which had a fucking great rendition of a Beethoven piece in a rock & roll way, basically a 6 minute long solo, really showing off Ritchies incredible talent on guitar. i recommend to anyone to download it, the track itself is also named Difficult to Cure.