aberdeen-music

cmon then babyshambles fans, defend this one

framheim

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to see babyshambles in january and shambles was deffo the operative word here. doherty kept the crowd waiting an hour and a half before he could be bothered showing, when the band did eventually play they were just so untogether it was unreal and doherty kept forgetting the words, the album is really dire an all and i believe they've been dumped by their record label which doesnt suprise me one bit.

doherty is just a waste a space, he's beyond help and to do some of the things he does is just not on, i wish the media would just ignore him and he might go away.... i'll be suprised if he sees 30 meself.

I think the legal system is partially to blame for Doherty's ways - he missed some court thing the other day, yet why wasn't a warrant out for his arrest? He also (somehow, god only knows how) has got off with some charges that should've seen him banged up - does it not occur to the judges that letting him away with this nonsense is doing nothing but encouraging copycat behaviour from impressionable people?

He must have friends in high places, that's for sure.

Guest bluesxman
Agreed' date=' a great track, the only good thing I have heard that he has been involved with.

Although I don't tend to use the word "lovely".[/quote']

Hmmm, must have been in touch with my feminine side briefly *scratches balls*

I dont think you know what your talking about....

Full blown aids does not confine you to bed' date=' its a disease that destroys your imune system, if you can avoid disease you can live a fairly normal life.....[/quote']

I've only seen 3 AIDS deaths - and believe me, by the time HIV has turned to AIDS the combo drugs have stopped working, complete failure of the immune system happens, you are unable to go out as the smallest infection can kill you. Max life expectancy at that point is 6 months - and thats if your careful with your sterile precautions. In short, the drugs are to stop you developing full blown aids and after you have, all the docs can do is keep you on a cocktail of antibiotic propholaxis till you die - the antibiotics also kill all your 'friendly bacteria' you are unable to digest food, you become weak very quickly - a fairly grim end believe me. :down:

pete doherty doesnt have aids though so how is that relative?

bit alarming how the other babyshambles member' date=' who stays, laughs after pete squirts out the blood. must be a fucking laugh a minute in the babyshambles tour bus[/quote']

plus it's worth pointing out that you can't contract hiv merely by being splashed by blood. it's only transmitted sexually or through an open wound right?

pete doherty doesnt have aids though so how is that relative?

bit alarming how the other babyshambles member' date=' who stays, laughs after pete squirts out the blood. must be a fucking laugh a minute in the babyshambles tour bus[/quote']

In short - completely irrelevant!

Read the thread - sometimes they just deviate away on a tangent..........

I've only seen 3 AIDS deaths - and believe me' date=' by the time HIV has turned to AIDS the combo drugs have stopped working, complete failure of the immune system happens, you are unable to go out as the smallest infection can kill you. Max life expectancy at that point is 6 months - and thats if your careful with your sterile precautions. In short, the drugs are to stop you developing full blown aids and after you have, all the docs can do is keep you on a cocktail of antibiotic propholaxis till you die - the antibiotics also kill all your 'friendly bacteria' you are unable to digest food, you become weak very quickly - a fairly grim end believe me. :down:[/quote']

Sounds awful! Dont think I have ever met anyone with this condition but I suppose its difficult to tell.

Max life expectancy at that point is 6 months -

That was the case in the mid 80's but I believe that depending on age and some other factors 20 months + is the norm now....jees, listen to me 20 months!! big deal eh?

What a nightmare of a disease....:swearing:

Sounds awful! Dont think I have ever met anyone with this condition but I suppose its difficult to tell.

There aren't that many people with known HIV in Aberdeen (2 in every 10,000 according to the stat dept at the hospital). There is no way of knowing the true figure though, the test isn't easy enough to have done as the guidlines say everyone tested has to have counselling (time consuming & expensive). Men are never routinely screened, and women are only offered the chance if they are pregnant but most of the ladies dont take it up. Forget bird flu - Me thinks this could be the timebomb of the future.

That was the case in the mid 80's but I believe that depending on age and some other factors 20 months + is the norm now....jees' date=' listen to me 20 months!! big deal eh?

What a nightmare of a disease....:swearing:[/quote']

Aye you could be right, my knowledge is based on the few individual cases I've come accross at work - maybe we've just got a shit hospital in Aberdeen..............

Aye you could be right' date=' my knowledge is based on the few individual cases I've come accross at work - maybe we've just got a shit hospital in Aberdeen..............[/quote']

Well yes, quality of care is a factor..... I believe you would survive longer where the disease is more common (in UK)

Just to satisfy your curiosity hunger - I have 2 jobs. One is working at the bookies at the weekend, the other is working in a doctors surgery, securing funding, doing patients electronic records, IT support and data extraction / statistical collation - Though why you would be intrested is beyond me.........