aberdeen-music

Hearts Vs Gretna

Skacel

f Stonewall penalty (Skacel even tried to stay on his feet) and they were denied.

i didn't think that was a penalty at all. the keeper went for the ball and his eyes followed it, then skacel tripped over him. that cunt needs to dry his eyes. i laughed and shouted a lot when hartley got sent off too!!

shame about the penalties tho, but all of hearts were pretty much unsaveable. all in all, a good afternoons viewing.

/x

skacel tripped over him. that cunt needs to dry his eyes.

Amazing, destroyed by the press when he goes down too easily, has to "dry his eyes" when he stays on his feet. If it wasn't a penalty when Main took him out (and it was - anywhere else on the pitch, that's obstruction), it was a penalty when he got taken out seconds later.

It was a truly shite game, but at the end of the day I saw my team lift a trophy in the flesh for the first time, went to a cup parade this afternoon, and regardless of the final itself, saw my team get what they deserved for what has been a great season.

'mon the JTs!

That's the second time that animal has been caught on camera kicking someone.

In other news' date=' Rearend signs for Celtic...[/quote']

And the second time the reason for him kicking out has been casually ignored. Wouldn't mind so much if the Gretna lad had been booked too (believe he would have been heading for the tunnel too), but the glaring inconsistency was an absolute joke. The second half of extra time, almost every kick from Gordon resulted in Gretna getting a freekick for nothing.

Regardless, the game should have been dead and buried in the first half. They don't like to make things easy for us fans though.

Amazing' date=' destroyed by the press when he goes down too easily, has to "dry his eyes" when he stays on his feet. If it wasn't a penalty when Main took him out (and it was - anywhere else on the pitch, that's obstruction), it was a penalty when he got taken out seconds later.

It was a truly shite game, but at the end of the day I saw my team lift a trophy in the flesh for the first time, went to a cup parade this afternoon, and regardless of the final itself, saw my team get what they deserved for what has been a great season.

'mon the JTs![/quote']

no way man, one on one with a keeper it's his job to make himself big and he has to block the ball. you're not seriously suggesting a goalkeeper should get out of the way of a striker in a one on one situation are you? skacel ran over him and tripped over main's tucked up knee not his outstretched leg. the ref got it right.

Guest neil ex
And the second time the reason for him kicking out has been casually ignored. Wouldn't mind so much if the Gretna lad had been booked too (believe he would have been heading for the tunnel too)' date=' but the glaring inconsistency was an absolute joke. The second half of extra time, almost every kick from Gordon resulted in Gretna getting a freekick for nothing.

Regardless, the game should have been dead and buried in the first half. They don't like to make things easy for us fans though.[/quote']

I think the boy made a genuine attempt to play the ball. Hartley is a quality player but he let his temper get the better of him again. I don't think he had any reason to kick out like that.

Yeah, Hearts should have had the game wrapped up at half time. Well done your team for holding their nerve right at the end though. Quality spot kicks!

Amazing the belief that Gretna side have! It must have passed through your mind at some point that it was not going to be Hearts' day..

Guest neil ex
I saw my team lift a trophy in the flesh for the first time

I too have seen my team lift a trophy in the flesh, and it's been far too long!

no way man' date=' one on one with a keeper it's his job to make himself big and he has to block the ball. you're not seriously suggesting a goalkeeper should get out of the way of a striker in a one on one situation are you? skacel ran over him and tripped over main's tucked up knee not his outstretched leg. the ref got it right.[/quote']

exactly. the jambos were just greetin' cos they nearly got beaten by gretna and if you have to applaud a player for staying in his feet, it shows just the kind of diving cunt he is!

I think the boy made a genuine attempt to play the ball.

agreed. he ws scrabbling for the ball and hartley did well to shield it, then he went in the huff and kicked out at him. what a penis!

/x

Amazing the belief that Gretna side have! It must have passed through your mind at some point that it was not going to be Hearts' day..

Aye - roughly about the time Robbie Neilson stepped up to take a penalty! When he scored, I knew we'd win. Gretna were pretty damn good, pressed us all over the park and gave us no time on the ball. I think we'll see them in the SPL the season after next if they can play lke that regularly.

Was great at the end when Rowan Alexander came over to applaud the Hearts fans, and when Gretna did their full lap of honour. Never been to a football match with a friendlier atmosphere. Even the weegies in the pub afterwards were good for banter.

And the second time the reason for him kicking out has been casually ignored. Wouldn't mind so much if the Gretna lad had been booked too (believe he would have been heading for the tunnel too)' date=' but the glaring inconsistency was an absolute joke. The second half of extra time, almost every kick from Gordon resulted in Gretna getting a freekick for nothing. [/quote']

Makes a change from the wind blowing in Steven Pressley's hair resulting in penalties.

The Gretna boy made a challenge on Hartley, WHILE THE BALL WAS STILL IN PLAY.

where will gretna finish next year though' date=' we must ask? above livi? odds on.[/quote']

Depends how good a start they get - if they come out of the traps like they did this season, I don't think anyone will get a look in. If they happen to fall onto a losing streak though, they might not know how to recover, and end up mid-table.

I hope they finish bottom, for obvious reasons........

Guest DustyDeviada
i have known only cup final heartaches. twice. in the same season. both to the huns. that was painful.

What season was that then, 91 or something?

Only cup final I was at was to the Huns in 2000, where the fans were resplendent in their orange change strip (they're not promoting sectarianism, no way).

We lost 4-0, I blamed our keeper - Robbie Winters! Oh, and Ebbe for not playing Zero from the start.

What season was that then' date=' 91 or something?

Only cup final I was at was to the Huns in 2000, where the fans were resplendent in their orange change strip (they're not promoting sectarianism, no way).

We lost 4-0, I blamed our keeper - Robbie Winters! Oh, and Ebbe for not playing Zero from the start.[/quote']

Haha the Robbie Winters in goals final - wasn't it 5-0? - it was still a great day out though. I also saw them lose to Celtic in a final that year.

I saw them win in 94 against Dundee United at the old Hampden - the Coca Cola Cup.

Guest neil ex
Haha the Robbie Winters in goals final - wasn't it 5-0? - it was still a great day out though. I also saw them lose to Celtic in a final that year.

I saw them win in 94 against Dundee United at the old Hampden - the Coca Cola Cup.

Against Dundee in 95 wasn't it? 2-0 the Dons!

I too was at the Celtic cup final!