aberdeen-music

Full day of music at Drummonds 28th May

whys the acousty stuff mid day? wouldnt it make more sense if they were on 1st? and the wildcards (not wildcats) cant play. ive said this already.

instead of looking for a "headliner" why not push the bands up 1 hour?

eg instead of our time of 8, why not put us on at 9, then have the raffle, then come back with ascention.

Also id suggest black matter after acoustic stuff since their heavier.

whys the acousty stuff mid day? wouldnt it make more sense if they were on 1st?

It would? Why, praytell?

I get *really* pissed off when people suggest that acoustic people or bands should be on first or earlier, as 'later' should be reserved for 'rawk' acts.

It would? Why' date=' praytell?

I get *really* pissed off when people suggest that acoustic people or bands should be on first or earlier, as 'later' should be reserved for 'rawk' acts.[/quote']

Nothing wrong with accoustic acts playing later on.

However, if the bill includes both accoustic acts, and louder acts - i can understand why people might prefer the accousticy stuff to be on earlier.

whys the acousty stuff mid day? wouldnt it make more sense if they were on 1st? and the wildcards (not wildcats) cant play. ive said this already.

instead of looking for a "headliner" why not push the bands up 1 hour?

eg instead of our time of 8' date=' why not put us on at 9, then have the raffle, then come back with ascention.

Also id suggest black matter after acoustic stuff since their heavier.[/quote']

i was thinking that but also on the other hand it works out better for me to be put first....and plus i like the challenge of setting the pace for the day :up:

you guys really kicked ass in shiros by the way, loads of folk have been talking about the gig.

It would? Why' date=' praytell?

I get *really* pissed off when people suggest that acoustic people or bands should be on first or earlier, as 'later' should be reserved for 'rawk' acts.[/quote']

Would it calm you down a bit to know that there's a scientific reason for putting the quieter acts on first?

Peoples perception of loudness changes according to the environment they've been exposed to, putting a quiet acoustic act on after a full band set-up makes the acoustic act seem quieter. Your perception of loudness is affected by how much bottom or top end is in the mix, lots of kick drum and bass guitar with cymbals thrown in will always sound louder to the human ear than something which is, according to electronic measurement, the same volume but composed entirely of mid-range sounds, like an acoustic and vocal.

Couple that with the fact that the signal source for acoustic acts is generally quieter as well, and how "loud" a PA can go is dependent to a large extent on the signal source and you can maybe see why it's normally done that way.

In my experience it very rarely works changing percieved volumes dramatically during a gig, a build up from quiet to loud generally works best.