aberdeen-music

England provisional world cup squad.

Do you think Sven has even seen Walcott play?

The last 2 seasons the top English scorers in the Premiership have struggled to get a game for England - tis weird.

On another note, i hear they are selling Trinidad and Tobago shirts with 'Scotland' on the back...WHERE DO I GET ONE?

There was a season when James Beattie was top English scorer in the Premiership at Southampton and he didn't get called up. And Kevin Phillips banged them in for Sunderland one season and couldn't get a sniff of the England team. Yet donkeys like Heskey get a game?

Do you think Sven has even seen Walcott play?

The last 2 seasons the top English scorers in the Premiership have struggled to get a game for England - tis weird.

On another note' date=' i hear they are selling Trinidad and Tobago shirts with 'Scotland' on the back...WHERE DO I GET ONE?[/quote']

You understand that that has nothing to do with the country Scotland, right?

You understand that that has nothing to do with the country Scotland' date=' right?[/quote']

*ahem* Trinidad and Tobago striker Jason SCOTLAND. Played for Dundee Utd, before moving to St Johnstone last season.

Edit: after re-reading your comment, i think thats what you were getting at. Its way to early in the morning...

mr boring swede is clearly not giving a shit as his employment by the FA is about to come to an end. i really dont care about england anymore but the squad selection did make for some interesting debate on talksport.

still could have been worse, he could have picked heskey!

given the deterioration of the scotland national team over the past few years, i'd fancy cambridge united to beat them these days, although we have a scottish keeper so he wouldnt be eligable to play. he's crap but still better than david james :)

A decent video of Theo Walcott

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/56388/theo_walcott/

Quite interesting' date=' but you could probably make Crouch look good in a compilation video. Also there's a wee difference between playing well in the the championship and the world cup.[/quote']

Anyone else really underwhelmed by that? I've seen better from Marco de Barros.

love from christy

Yes. As someone said; "As long as we get Leeds or Wolves in the world cup final, we're laughing".

It's all very well being fast, and scoring goals for Southampton reserves, but it's not quite the same as the World Cup. In the first round England are playing against Larsson and Ibrahimovich, both who are scoring and playing at the highest level for Barcelona and Juventus, respectively first in their leagues and two of the biggest teams in the world. Theo Walcott has not made a single appearance for Arsenal. He only scored 4 league goals for SOUTHAMPTON.

Yes. As someone said; "As long as we get Leeds or Wolves in the world cup final' date=' we're laughing".

It's all very well being fast, and scoring goals for Southampton reserves, but it's not quite the same as the World Cup. In the first round England are playing against Larsson and Ibrahimovich, both who are scoring and playing at the highest level for Barcelona and Juventus, respectively first in their leagues and two of the biggest teams in the world. Theo Walcott has not made a single appearance for Arsenal. He only scored 4 league goals for SOUTHAMPTON.[/quote']

I can see Eriksson's logic in wanting to bring an unknown wildcard along to give them options off the bench. There's no doubt Walcott can play (wouldn't be in the squad otherwise), but ahead of Defoe, a proven scorer? strange one

love from christy

walcott's talent has been well documented by the english media but its a very strange decision to take him. maybe to clean some boots or do the washing up but the way things are panning out there's a very good chance he'll play at some stage. personally i'd have rather seen sheringham picked - i know he's 40 but he's still doing the business with west ham and with 20 mins to go in a game you'd always fancied him to score. but why he didnt include bent or defoe is beyond me.

who knows? the boy may well turn out to be a sensation - raw and unfazed. or he could seriously fuck up his career. or he probably wont even be used. resting our hopes on crouch!!! doubt england will make the quarter finals....