aberdeen-music

wanna support goldblade?

The Ghost Of Fudge

hey ho.

my first, ohh, 65 millions picks for the goldblade support slot at the tunnels on thur 25 may are unavailable to play. for a whole host of fastinating reasons that we don't have time to go into here.

this has resulted in a space in the bill, and a need to fill it as soon as possible. so, in desperation more than expectation, i throw the invitation to rock out to all the lurkers on aberdeen-music

so. who wants to play the gig? post here please.

tunnels

thur 25 may

goldblade

deadloss superstar

your band tbc

16 again

doors 8pm

ill be puttign on trainwreck and cease upon the capitol that night in the east neuk

therefore INSHALLAH will not be available to accept this gig

we would rather support a nae past it band doing it for the tax bill

You are so boring.

trainwreck will have forgotten to write any songs or tune their guitars, eh? :D

goldblade, on the other hand, still walk it like they talk it. and do so while entertaining with a hi-energy punk rock show!

and tunes?! tunes?! they wrote 'psycho', 'black elvis', 'hairstyle', and 'strictly hardcore'!

fabulous.

(p.s. i'll PM somebody about playing this date ASAP, i have other stuff to do first...)

You are so boring.

all part and parcel of being better than you ;)

r.e. get your quotes right in yer signature.

heres a couple of thoughts...

bass dials to ten??? ha ha ha its a shame that you have to resort to talking shite to try and take a pop at me.

was the pro tech from opeth along to your sell out gig at that shitehole toilet in perth last week was he??? or has he just listened to your poorly mixed mp3s

all in all anyone can play well on record (and im sure he is a decent drummer) but if he hits like feathers live.....

sorry brian, dont want to spoil your thread anymore by making hog and element 106 look silly

xxx

bass dials to ten??? ha ha ha its a shame that you have to resort to talking shite to try and take a pop at me.

was the pro tech from opeth along to your sell out gig at that shitehole toilet in perth last week was he??? or has he just listened to your poorly mixed mp3s

all in all anyone can play well on record (and im sure he is a decent drummer) but if he hits like feathers live.....

sorry brian' date=' dont want to spoil your thread anymore by making hog and element 106 look silly

xxx[/quote']

Our bassist told me that you told him to turn up the bass dial up to 10, it didnt sound good. If this is wrong then Im sorry, its just what he told me.

Ryan VP is not a pro tech he is a drummer and yes the Perth gig was very busy but the venue is not good, especially the soundguy who although was a nice person had the treble way too high for all the bands who played.

I look so silly:dunce:

sorry brian' date=' dont want to spoil your thread anymore by making hog and element 106 look silly

xxx[/quote']

I don't know you but regarding making us look silly, why don't you EQ my amp at our next Aberdeen gig better than I can do? Actually, why don't you just play all my parts for me. Only then will I feel silly in comparison to you. :up:

we would rather support a nae past it band doing it for the tax bill

John Robb seems to be making his money nowadays by appearing on Channel 4 "Top 100...." shows. How punk as fuck. His contribution to the "Top One Hit Wonders" last Sunday night should really have just been the comment of "well, I suppose that's one more hit than i've ever had".

He's really come downhill since the early 90s when at least he was a half decent journalist for the Melody Maker.

sorry brian' date=' dont want to spoil your thread anymore [b']by making hog and element 106 look sillyxxx

Dont worry, there not the ones that look silly :down:

Let's be honest' date=' nothing says "shitehole toilet venue" more than the East Neuk.[/quote']

:laughing::laughing:

aye but the east neuk doesnt claim to be aberdeens only proper music venue.

its a function room used for GREAT gigs with GREAT bands and a GREAT crowd.

someone brings a pa system, sets it up, bands plug in and play (if they cant play without a proper pa then they shouldnt be playing there), people lose inhibitions and dance about, having fun and creatign an atomsphere unrivalled in any venue in aberdeen, bands sell merch/distro

THATS what punk is