aberdeen-music

Ashbory Bass?

...mole...

anyone tried one of these things before

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0350100396

came across them when i was searching some info on bass's im wanting.

looks quite interesting they use Latex strings, 18 inch scale with a fretless neck.

i havent seen one of these before or heard one but apparently they sound a bit like a double bass. pretty cheap as well they sell at about £250

ashborybagbig.gif

• 2 weeks later...
4 strings will always be enough!

/x

Thats what I thought till I got a 5-string - now I could never go back! Gone are the days of jumping up and down the neck like an wankstain to get the notes you wanna play, here are the days of playing across the fretboard - hurrah! I've only got little girly hands so it's easier for me to play for long periods of time :up:

Thats what I thought till I got a 5-string - now I could never go back! Gone are the days of jumping up and down the neck like an wankstain to get the notes you wanna play' date=' here are the days of playing across the fretboard - hurrah! I've only got little girly hands so it's easier for me to play for long periods of time :up:[/quote']

5 strings is a bit jazz though... though I do prefer my bass player not to jump up and down the neck like a wankstain :p

im with the 5 string crew 8) once i started on 5 i couldnt go back to 4. and 6 strings just insane since i can use me 5th on me G for the high C. its all good :)

and that bass is horrible looking. does it give like a unique tone or somethin? or is it just there to "look good" o_O

5 strings is a bit jazz though... though I do prefer my bass player not to jump up and down the neck like a wankstain :p

I play in a hardcore metal band - so I don't think so.

im with the 5 string crew once i started on 5 i couldnt go back to 4. and 6 strings just insane since i can use me 5th on me G for the high C. its all good

One of the guys I jam with has a 6-string bass I borrow when I can't be bothered lugging mine down the road - It's neck is wide like a dinner table and I can barely reach over to the b string! I've always that extra top string was a waste of time anyway - I know it's sheer laziness but why play something on the bass you could get the guitarist(s) to play?

One of the guys I jam with has a 6-string bass I borrow when I can't be bothered lugging mine down the road - It's neck is wide like a dinner table and I can barely reach over to the b string! I've always that extra top string was a waste of time anyway - I know it's sheer laziness but why play something on the bass you could get the guitarist(s) to play?

thats how i look at it. same with drop tuning. . why drop tune if ya want to go lower' date=' get the bass to go down.

the 6 string frettless in rnb was gonna be somethin bought. . but i didnt like it (tho i can reach the B quite easy :']) hehe. id want a 6er for solo'ing ala john myung.

the 6 string frettless in rnb was gonna be somethin bought. . but i didnt like it (tho i can reach the B quite easy :]) hehe. id want a 6er for solo'ing ala john myung.

I don't have any ambitions to be a solo bass player (I'll stick to the geetar for that) but I've had a couple of goes of said 6-string in R&B, I always think that because I play the Viola that fretless should be no problem, but I can't be arsed with all the brain power or concentration required to tune every note as you play. I could see me drunkenly fucking up in a gigging situation. You seem to be lucky to have large dextrous hands, where as mine are small and arthritic - I'm jealous!

IYou seem to be lucky to have large dextrous hands' date=' where as mine are small and arthritic - I'm jealous![/quote']

hehehehe yep i love them :)

that fretless aint for me tho :( cant get a good popped sound from it. stick with me fretted 5 string warwick :love:

oh yeah i cant play guitar for shit, because fore mentioned hands, damn chords are awkward

hehehehe yep i love them :)

that fretless aint for me tho :( cant get a good popped sound from it. stick with me fretted 5 string warwick :love:

oh yeah i cant play guitar for shit' date=' because fore mentioned hands, damn chords are awkward[/quote']

Not one for powerchords either, I'v been doin classical geetar for 22 years - it's fun!