aberdeen-music

Worst audience ever

Uncle Mog

its funny, before the gig KC were actually talking about having to compete with the noise of some twat at the front droning on about 'fa was snecking fa last saturday'.

altho its a bit idealistic in the least.. you'd expect some kind of unspoken code of conduct amongst people with a similar interest in music, paying 15 to see a band. it pisses the staff off something awful as well when someone shouts orders over the bar during a 'quiet' set because the sound from the bar is very easily picked up from the stage.. someone mentioned graeme stephen, or even on saturday during Grant Campbell and odetta.. the bar ends up getting closed to avoid it happening and it spoiling the gig for everyone else.

i'll never forgett mr chillie at faust... after about half an hour os "SHHHHHHH!" he eventually stood up and shouted "SHUT THE FUCK UP" made me laugh. nevertheless' date=' he has a point, every remotley-accoustic-ee gig i have been to lately have been spoiled by folk chatting too loudly, and generally not being intereasted.

after reading threads like this about every tryptichtchtchythicht(or however you spell it) gig, i am glad i didnt waste my money going to them :down:

something really has to be done about this, as it is ruining gigs for the majority of people who actually care about the music.[/quote']

the crowd for long blondes was pretty good

The best crowd I have ever been part of was when Craig B played Drakes ages ago. You could have heard a pin drop during the quiter moments. It was magic.

Cunts who talk loudly at gigs piss me off, there were two of them right at the front when Cult of Luna were playing Moshulu seeminlgy oblivious to the death stares they were getting from the audience and the band.

Guest Phantomsmasher

Cunts who talk loudly at gigs piss me off' date=' there were two of them right at the front when Cult of Luna were playing Moshulu seeminlgy oblivious to the death stares they were getting from the audience and the band.[/quote']

Same thing happened in Glasgow, quiet bit comes, and then two idiots start shouting at them to turn the volume up, or ''WE LOVE YOUR BAND..." Thankfully they noticed Johannes' glare and shut the fuck up towards the end of the set.

If you want to take some kind of vigilante action against ringing mobile fones in gigs that you go to' date=' buy a handheld GSM jammer. They are fairly expensive, but models under 200 quid are available and pretty effective.

I'm surprised venues themselves don't use them for situations like live acoustic gigs. (edit: oh yeah, probably because they are illegal in the UK)[/quote']

and pub quizzes

just home from seeing captain and it was exactly the same, most of the ppl were there to see the support bands and didnt seem to take on captain. The guy did an acoustic solo and you could hardly hear him, shame because captain were amazing