aberdeen-music

Nintendo Wii

The name is shit

But the console will be good, especially with Sega releasing games for the Wii's virtual arcade feature. Maybe I can finally play Shining Force III without having to fork out 60 quid for a PAL copy.

Also, here may be some of the very first game screens for the Wii from a game called 'Red Steel' that is being made by the folk that did Farcry:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=1920

Playing this console is going to be really fucking wierd.

or just wait for a few months until everybody realises that its pesh and only has four good games (out of hundreds, one of nintendo's selling points, 'we gots hundreds of games' ..... yeah, but they are all PESH). the gamepube sells for about 30 quid new nowadays.

just bite the bullet folks and buy a 360 once the ps3 comes out. the price will drop and halo3 will be out the same i day. i gaurantee*.

*(or however you spell that)

or just wait for a few months until everybody realises that its pesh and only has four good games (out of hundreds' date=' one of nintendo's selling points, 'we gots hundreds of games' ..... yeah, but they are all PESH). the gamepube sells for about 30 quid new nowadays.

just bite the bullet folks and buy a 360 once the ps3 comes out. the price will drop and halo3 will be out the same i day. i gaurantee*.

*(or however you spell that)[/quote']

Nintendo's target audience is completely different to Microsoft and Sony.They are innovators rather than some lube for graphics wanks.

And the Gamecube is a great console, it just has a shit range of games over here. It's a pity that Europe never gets some fucking amazing games, and when it does, everyone is too wrapped up in their MMOs and HDTV graphics to even notice, and so it gets taken off the shelves about two weeks after it's release. The games I have recently seen this happen to tend to be RPGs: Shining Force for GBA, Star Ocean III for PS2 and Xenosaga Episode 2 for PS2, and I bet in about a week, Dragon Quest for PS2 will be off the shelves aswell. Perhaps Japan knows we are stupid when it comes to gaming, so they know not to waste money on converting from NTSC to PAL for some decent as fuck titles :p

Nintendo's target audience is completely different to Microsoft and Sony.They are innovators rather than some lube for graphics wanks.

And the Gamecube is a great console' date=' it just has a shit range of games over here. It's a pity that Europe never gets some fucking amazing games, and when it does, everyone is too wrapped up in their MMOs and HDTV graphics to even notice, and so it gets taken off the shelves about two weeks after it's release. The games I have recently seen this happen to tend to be RPGs: Shining Force for GBA, Star Ocean III for PS2 and Xenosaga Episode 2 for PS2, and I bet in about a week, Dragon Quest for PS2 will be off the shelves aswell. Perhaps Japan knows we are stupid when it comes to gaming, so they know not to waste money on converting from NTSC to PAL for some decent as fuck titles :p[/quote']

then buy a chipped/hacked console. simple :love:

p.s, see elder scrolls 4 : oblivion , for an awesome (dont take that word lightly) mix of graphics and gameplay.

PLUS, RPG's tend to bomb in this country where they are 'big in japan'.

PLUS, FPS's tend to sell great here and shit in japan.

then buy a chipped/hacked console. simple :love:

You missed my point. I could easily import them if I wanted to (and I do occasionally). I was talking about how other people turn a blind eye to such games over here' date=' which I think means they are missing out on some great games as they don't bother to check them out and are more concerned about the graphical power of a machine rather than actual game playability.

p.s, see elder scrolls 4 : oblivion , for an awesome (dont take that word lightly) mix of graphics and gameplay.

I know the Elder Scrolls series, but it isn't my style of RPG. Oblivion may look nice, but I find the gameplay really boring. I prefer a more linear RPG where the main quest takes up more time than the sidequests do.

PLUS, RPG's tend to bomb in this country where they are 'big in japan'.

PLUS, FPS's tend to sell great here and shit in japan.

I am aware of this, afterall video gaming is one of my main hobbies :p .XBox is the worst selling console out of the three current gen consoles in Japan, and it could well be because it is the main console that a lot of developers make FPS's for.

However with the Wii's revolutionary way of playing the game, it may certainly become the best console for FPS's, which would be nice to observe what effect this would have on FPS sales over in Japan.

Both markets are completely different. I guess i am just an Eastern gaming fan rather than a Western one.

"harro, rook at me, am a round eye"

fair do's min.

play you on the rails rpgs all day if you want. i prefer to be able to go rape bears in the woods and wear their skins into town then sell the semen soaked pelt if i wish...

or, if it is my want i can go save the girl, kill the dragon and get back home in time for a nice pitcher of warm telekenetic mead.

Despite the shitty (or should that be pissy) name, I think the Wii shows a lot of promise. If it comes out at a decent pricepoint, then I will get one on launch. I had almost written nintendo off, but the DS is the best thing to happen to video games for years (apart from guitar hero! :rockon: )

Who cares if no one buys it and there isn't a glut of chav style racers on it? Anyone that writes off a console based on the name needs to think about why they play games in the first place.

Guest Gasss
they shoulda just re released the NES but in five different colours and make it 2 times smaller

i swear to god it would sell

The innards of the NES have been condensed to a single chip which powers most of the retro-TV games things you can get. I'd like to get a NES in a wristwatch. Or a mobile phone to which you could connect a TV and a NES controller. That would sell!

or just wait for a few months until everybody realises that its pesh and only has four good games (out of hundreds' date=' one of nintendo's selling points, 'we gots hundreds of games' ..... yeah, but they are all PESH). the gamepube sells for about 30 quid new nowadays.

*(or however you spell that)[/quote']

halo 3 will probably not be released this year i'm afraid. though there should be some footage at E3 in may.

microsoft have already said that viva pinata will be their biggest release this year.

i doubt the price of the 360 will drop when the ps3 comes out either. it won't need to as the ps3 is looking like it'll be at least 100 more expensive due to the blu ray drive.

halo 3 will probably not be released this year i'm afraid. though there should be some footage at E3 in may.

microsoft have already said that viva pinata will be their biggest release this year.

i doubt the price of the 360 will drop when the ps3 comes out either. it won't need to as the ps3 is looking like it'll be at least 100 more expensive due to the blu ray drive.

I would think that there would be an official 360 price drop on or around the PS3 launch. Traditionally consoles always come down in price around october/november, and microsoft will be looking to blow some of the wind out of Sony's sails. Already the 360 can be bought in value bundles, so it's only a matter of time.