aberdeen-music

Morrissey

Sam_b

Guest DustyDeviada

Good show, a bit too many new songs I thought though, you have to have a balance.

Sadly I don't think we'll see him back here in a hurry, he seemed really pissed off with the stupid fucking arseholes who were throwing stuff at him. Why are there neds singing football chants at every gig I go to nowadays? No wonder he thought we were all crackheads.

Yeah the man was well pissed off with the crowd. The atmosphere started off fantastic but by 6 songs in you could tell he was wondering why he was playing to a high percentage of heckling neds. By the minimal encore, any good atmosphere was gone and it seemed Morrissey just wanted to get onto the A90 as fast as possible.

The gig kinda reflected the new album, kinda patchy. Not at his best imo. Def not enough of his best stuff. A few flashes of supreme quality made it worth going though.

All in all I thought the show was fantastic. When whatever it was that was thrown connected with his foreheadI really thought that he was going to storm off in a Brian Clough. But, give the man his due he carried on.

On The Streets I Ran and Far Off Places was the best from the new stuff. Still Ill was sublime

yeah, I really enjoyed it, although it did seem to end early and there were some arseholes in the crowd. The opening song was brilliant and worth the admission fee alone. The wide eyed astonishment of some of the youngsters around me to the lyrics of girlfriend in a coma was hysterical.

Despite some members of the crowd it was a good night.

pete

inthehills

The wide eyed astonishment of some of the youngsters around me to the lyrics of girlfriend in a coma was hysterical.

There were some people beside us doing the hugging happy dance thing during Girlfriend In A Coma which was bizarre. As if it was the happiest song in the world!

Awh I'm looking forward to the Glasgow show on Thursday now soooo much! What set did he do?

xxx

First Of The Gang To Die / Still Ill / You Have Killed Me/ The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Reader Meet Author / To Me You Are A Work Of Art / My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye / Girlfriend In A Coma / Let Me Kiss You / I Just Want To See The Boy Happy / At Last I Am Born / Life Is A Pigsty / Trouble Loves Me / On The Streets I Ran / A Song From Under The Floor Boards / I Will See You In Far-off Places/ How Soon Is Now? // Irish Blood, English Heart

Guest DustyDeviada

I had a look at a Morrissey website, and it seems taht he has only being doing one encore song a night anyway, so he didn't cut it short due to the "crackheads".

I had a look at a Morrissey website' date=' and it seems taht he has only being doing one encore song a night anyway, so he didn't cut it short due to the "crackheads".[/quote']

Aye, and it was refreshing to see the woman who reviewed it for the Evening Express didn't bother researching this at all, instead choosing to decide he only did one song cos he was pissed off. Typical EE journalism...

I was a bit bemused by the gig. I think the new album is quite good, but for some reason I just didn't get into the gig much at all, apart from the "classics" and Life Is A Pig Sty, which is just utterly brilliant. I came away feeling quite underwhelmed.

However, the next night in Stirling, he played the exact same set list, and yet the gig was 10 times better. Maybe it was cos the Albert Halls was more packed than the Music Hall was or something - even at the back you could barely move. Also someone jumping off the balcony onto a speaker and then onto the stage just inches from Moz's head possibly helped too.

I know Moz says he bases his set lists on what he feels like playing, rather than what he thinks the crowd want to hear, but as someone said, you really do need a balance. SO many classic songs left out, and Still Ill and Girlfriend In A Coma just showed how magnificent it is to hear some different Smiths songs than usual.

If he'd played Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before or Speedway however, I wouldn't have found it possible to find fault with the gig. Looking forward to Glasgow anyway.

You've got to love his "I was trying to think of famous Aberdeen bands..." banter though.