aberdeen-music

Your top three gigs in aberdeen?

cutie claire

o_O dear sweet jesus...that is cool!

The purple gig wasnt 69...it was 14/10/70 I should remember, it was my 15th birthday.

The Zep gig was a good story, they played two shows an early and a late show and my ticket was for the late one, I went down early and helped the crew with the load in and got a pass, so I sold my ticket and saw them twice on the same day.... now how cool is that????????

top 3... erm... thats a hard one

FAUST@ tunnels has to be one of them!

thomas truax @ tunnels also, he is mesmorising.

a third one is hard... i have seen so many good gigs in aberdeen, i think possibly dragonforce, as i have never been more in pain after a mosh pit in ym entire life. sign of a good gig.

Guest Phantomsmasher

This is very hard to do...

+ Cult of Luna @ Moshulu last year

+ Snowblood + Easpa Measa @ Drakes a couple years back.

+ A tie between Asva or Noxgat. Or somthing else, I can't think of an other one.

i think you told me about that, i missed most of mikel mass anyway, ans wasn't impressed by the other support (ectogram??) but FAUST's performance alone was enough to make it my favorite gig ever.

Guest bluesxman
explosions in the sky in drummonds was pretty special

lift to experience/aereogramme in kef

Those 2 make me weep that I missed them. Especially Lift To Experience, WTF....:swearing:

Guest bluesxman
ooops' date=' it wasn't lift to experience. it was life without buildings. musta been half asleep when i wrote that. weep no longer martin![/quote']

Ah OK, one eye is now dried....Explosions In The Sky though....feck....

Guest bluesxman
Yeah' date=' I missed that as well.... can't believe it.

I think I was watchin Fun Lovin' Criminals at the Music Hall that night.

[b']WHY?????????????????????????????????????

Was that the one where a few young guys danced on top of the speaker stack stage left? I was at that too if so....it was good, they were still not bad at that point....but EITS would have been cooler.

Was that the one where a few young guys danced on top of the speaker stack stage left? I was at that too if so....it was good' date=' they were still not bad at that point....but EITS would have been cooler.[/quote']

It was 13th February 2004 - the third time they played. To be fair, the opened the set by playing 8 songs in a row off of "come find yourself" so it was a bit of a nostalgia fest, if nothing else.

on the other hand, the stuff since then has been pretty much crap and they've long since jumped the shark.

After seeign EITS last november in Glasgow, i can confirm I made the wrong gig choice that night.

You have a redording of it?? Would I be able to scrounge a copy' date=' I would be interested to hear it as I was there too. I didn't think it was that bad, just weird to get half way through a song and recognise a lyric and realise it's Blowin' in The Wind sounding nothing like it does normally....[/quote']

I've got a copy on 2cds of this as well. Let me know if you need it copied.

Guest bluesxman
It was 13th February 2004 - the third time they played. To be fair' date=' the opened the set by playing 8 songs in a row off of "come find yourself" so it was a bit of a nostalgia fest, if nothing else.

on the other hand, the stuff since then has been pretty much crap and they've long since jumped the shark.

After seeign EITS last november in Glasgow, i can confirm I made the wrong gig choice that night.[/quote']

Ah ok, it was in the late 90's I saw them, thought that may have been too long ago for EITS...I think I may have been in Glasgow watching Icarus Line, Eagles Of Death Metal and The Distillers on that date....the latter 2 were ace so not too fussed.

Guest bluesxman
I've got a copy on 2cds of this as well. Let me know if you need it copied.

Cheers, saw Alan at Tunnels last night he is copying it for me :) Tell me, were you at Tunnels last night wearing a blue parka type jacket and in company of a tall grey haired guy wearing similar jacket? The only time I spoke to you ages ago you had a hat on and i'm never sure if it's you or not without it....