aberdeen-music

shite film with great soundtrack.....

french_disko

That other movie thread got me thinking about movie soundtracks & I remembered about the "Judgement Night" Soundtrack. I bought it in summer 1993, if I remember correctly, and the film wasn't realised for a while afterwards. And what a pile of shite it was.

Anyway great soundtrack.......

Helmet & House Of Pain - Just Another Victim

Teenage Fanclub & De La Soul - Fallin'

Living Colour & Run D.M.C. - Me, Myself & My Microphone

Biohazard & Onyx - Judgement Night

Slayer & Ice-T - Disorder

Faith No More & Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E. - Another Body Murdered

Sonic Youth & Cypress Hill - I Love My Mary Jane

Mudhoney & Sir Mix-A-Lot - Freak Momma

Dinosaur Jr. & Del The Funky Homosapien - Missing Link

Therapy? & Fatal - Come And Die

Pearl Jam & Cypress Hill - Real Thing

Fucking brilliant soundtrack!! The Helmet/House of pain track is brilliant as is Faith No More/Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E. As for Ice T and Slayer....wow!

Any other great soundtracks out there?

Guest bluesxman

I'm going to have to dig that out for that song alone.....

I really like the Repo Man soundtrack. Iggy Pop, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, great version of Jonathan Richman's Pablo Picasso.

Requiem For Dream soundtrack is great too, but all instrumental stuff by Clint Mansell of Pop Will Eat Itself fame with the Kronos Quartet providing strings. One of the main string motifs from the film has cropped up in various trailers since, most notably The Return Of The King.....

Guest bluesxman
I kinda expected you to have that! I'm sure we've got mirror image CD collections....

Not got the Repo Man CD though - got the DVD for a few quid a while back' date=' although I believe it's been expanded and reissued.[/quote']

I had it on cassette and for some reason got it on vinyl too, think the cassette fucked up from being played too much or something. Just found the record anyway...Repo Man is on vinyl too but i'm sure the CD on import is v.cheap.

Guest bluesxman
It is' date=' but the movie aint shite![/quote']

True, it's one of my favourite films, but he only asked about good soundtracks, not good soundtracks from shite films :up:

That other movie thread got me thinking about movie soundtracks & I remembered about the "Judgement Night" Soundtrack. I bought it in summer 1993' date=' if I remember correctly, and the film wasn't realised for a while afterwards. And what a pile of shite it was.

Anyway great soundtrack.......

Helmet & House Of Pain - Just Another Victim

Teenage Fanclub & De La Soul - Fallin'

Living Colour & Run D.M.C. - Me, Myself & My Microphone

Biohazard & Onyx - Judgement Night

Slayer & Ice-T - Disorder

Sonic Youth & Cypress Hill - I Love My Mary Jane

Mudhoney & Sir Mix-A-Lot - Freak Momma

Dinosaur Jr. & Del The Funky Homosapien - Missing Link

Therapy? & Fatal - Come And Die

Pearl Jam & Cypress Hill - Real Thing

Fucking brilliant soundtrack!! The Helmet/House of pain track is brilliant as is Faith No More/Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E. As for Ice T and Slayer....wow!

Any other great soundtracks out there?[/quote']

is that the one with emilio estevez and his buddies getting trapped on the wrong side of town and chased around by a bunch of gangsters who are led, somewhat bafflingly, by dennis leary?

if so, i'd have to agree with your assertion that the film in question was pretty shite

is that the one with emilio estevez and his buddies getting trapped on the wrong side of town and chased around by a bunch of gangsters who are led' date=' somewhat bafflingly, by dennis leary?

if so, i'd have to agree with your assertion that the film in question was pretty shite[/quote']

That's the one. Not a classic.

Any Given Sunday

Not a shite movie - but a blinding, eclectic soundtrack, hardcore rap, soul, metal etc..

There's a special treat for Metallica fans in the changing room scene...

...hugely muscled and tatooted Linebacker "Madman" changes the music on the ghetto blaster from hip-hop to metal and when one of his black teammates complains, he screams in his face...

"HETFIELD IS GOD, YOU SHOULD BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM....""

Brilliant :laughing:

DZL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild

Utterly garbage film: Code 46.

Splendid score, however. David Holmes created it and it'll appeal massively to post-rockers and electronic/ambient fans. It's shimmery and whispy.