aberdeen-music

Eclipse visible.

pogofish

Did you see the eclipse about 5-6 years ago' date=' it was freaky.[/quote']

Yup. Also the annular eclipse - @80% visible here last year as well as tripping-up to Spey-Bay in the dead of night to catch the edge of totality just after dawn for the North Atlantic eclipse in 2003 or 04. That was something! :)

Then there have been a couple of Lunar eclipses at various times as well - Last years one was a bit of a wash-out but the blood-moon (Earth's shadow) of a couple of years back was also an impressive sight.

They happen a lot more often than 2000 years but are often over parts of the world that are difficult to see. I don't think there will ba a really good one visible from Scotland for quite a few years now. :(

They happen a lot more often than 2000 years but are often over parts of the world that are difficult to see. I don't think there will ba a really good one visible from Scotland for quite a few years now. :(

Well at least we get the Arora's they are awesome.

There was an eclipse that was really visible up here a couple of years ago. Brian May drank my friend's beer. He still goes on about this all the time and talks about good times with his "mate" Bri. He met that space dude from the BBC too.... his name escapes me just now though

I suck at living in Aberdeen' date=' I've never seen the arora here before. Is there a best place or time of year to see it best?[/quote']

I'm afraid it is just past. Although they can happen at any time, Nov-Feb is the best.

Plenty of info & ongoing monitoring here & you can sign-up to email/text alerts as well. :)

http://www.dcs.lancs.ac.uk/iono/aurorawatch/

Generally true but not entirely. Some of the winter past's displays were bright enough to see, even over the streetlights here. You did lose most of the colour but the "curtain" effect was surprisingly visible.

Still best to head out of town a few miles - The Peterhead road is good or out deeside a bit.