aberdeen-music

8 Year Old Kincorth kid Missing

french_disko

I used to play with mates in Kincorth in the late 60s....it was idyllic then' date=' and a lot safer at the time than Mastrick, where I spent my formative years.

If MKll was there for a while I can understand how things started to slide :)[/quote']

I have only lovely memories, apart from when two dogs started fighting beside me and then went on to break one of my legs... on the day I was supposed to go see Paddington Bear at His Majesty's!!!:swearing:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still leave here, its a fucked up place sometimes.

the neds cause way to much trouble.

Shouting we;re gonna rape you to my sister. . and deciding when its snowing to try to topple the car with her in it. . .takin a group of 15 and battering the fuck outta my mate. .

hehehe they wont do it again :D

i remember that dude up the gramps! and im only 17! haha

Bloody hell - is he STILL around??? He musy be chasing folk from behind a zimmer frame now.... Are your parents local. I probably went to school with them. Eeek.

haha well i aint sure if its the same guy but theres still an old guy up there. followed us once. . .scary.

yeah my mums kc born etc

my dad, aint.

did you go to kc academy?

so the kid stayed the night at his mums friends house..?

YUP

Police have also been checking with his family and friends in the area of his Gardner Road home in an attempt to find an explanation for his disappearance.

Officers' date=' family members, friends, and local residents searched overnight, without success so far. [/quote']

At what point in this search was the family friend that he stayed with more than once, and found at the home of, phoned??

At what point in this search was the family friend that he stayed with more than once' date=' and found at the home of, phoned??[/quote']

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4851768.stm

"Following information from a member of the public, Dylan was found safe and well at the home of a friend in the Inchbrae area of Aberdeen.

Police officers went to the house and took Dylan back to his home in Gardner Road. "

the whole thing is just weird, to say the least.

That said' date=' his behaviour was grossly irresponsible and the least he could do would be to pay for all the helicopter fuel and the pilots' time. By my estimation he owes them around 10,000.[/quote']

Nah. The forces make it quite clear that if this sort of thing didn't happen, they would have to spend even more in setting-up training excercises & probably struggle to get the same quality of experience that real-life situations give them.

Guest DustyDeviada
Nah. The forces make it quite clear that if this sort of thing didn't happen' date=' they would have to spend even more in setting-up training excercises & probably struggle to get the same quality of experience that real-life situations give them.[/quote']

Um, it was a joke, I wouldn't really expect an 8 year old child to pay 10,000. :O

Guest five years

"8 Year Old Kincorth Kid Missing"

but not really.

kid's mum: "oh yes, i know, i can't find little dazza so i'll call the RAF"

glad they're okay but...err..."found at a friend's house" kinda was funny.

"8 Year Old Kincorth Kid Missing"

but not really.

kid's mum: "oh yes' date=' i know, i can't find little dazza so i'll call the RAF"

glad they're okay but...err..."found at a friend's house" kinda was funny.[/quote']

I hate to say this but, here goes -

i think there's a sense of disappointment in this incident. Sorry if that sounds sick, but I bet a lot of people are thinking "fuck sake, little twat - just at a mates house. Bet his mother is a right chav".

I'm not suggesting we were all hoping he'd been kidnapped or murdered or anything, just that the front page news the story generated (for less than a day) was sort of dimished by the outcome.

Make sense?

I hate to say this but' date=' here goes -

i think there's a sense of disappointment in this incident. Sorry if that sounds sick, but I bet a lot of people are thinking "fuck sake, little twat - just at a mates house. Bet his mother is a right chav".

I'm not suggesting we were all hoping he'd been kidnapped or murdered or anything, just that the front page news the story generated (for less than a day) was sort of dimished by the outcome.

Make sense?[/quote']

that's true, i mean many people judge the mother for letting the kid go wandering but wouldn't have judged her so much if the kid wandered off and was murdered.

its harsh and controversial but its kinda true.

Guest DustyDeviada
I have two points to make:

1. In this situation' date=' what is the point of having a helicopter overhead? How is a helicopter supposed to spot one particular small boy, even if he happened to be out on the street?

2. Didn't we all just know there would be a "Tracy" involved?[/quote']

1. I dunno, but the fucker woke me up.

2. Shame it wasn't Dick Tracy.

I hate to say this but' date=' here goes -

Make sense?[/quote']

I dont think it's disappointment, I think it's disbelief. Had the kid just wondered off that's the 8 year old doing that which is kind on understandeable etc, it's the fact that there was an adult involved who didnt think they should phone the childs parents etc, and as the paper says:

"He was last seen walking in Gardner Crescent by his friend Connor Clark, 8, at 8.15pm on Monday.

His mother Dawn, 34, reported him missing after she returned to the family home in Gardner Road from a night out with her former partner, Lee White, two hours later."

The question remains was there no-one meant to be looking after an 8 year old child from 8.15-10.15, which is is illegal in itself i think.

Cheers

Stuart

I dont think it's disappointment' date=' I think it's disbelief. Had the kid just wondered off that's the 8 year old doing that which is kind on understandeable etc, it's the fact that there was an adult involved who didnt think they should phone the childs parents etc, and as the paper says:

"He was last seen walking in Gardner Crescent by his friend Connor Clark, 8, at 8.15pm on Monday.

His mother Dawn, 34, reported him missing after she returned to the family home in Gardner Road from a night out with her former partner, Lee White, two hours later."

The question remains was there no-one meant to be looking after an 8 year old child from 8.15-10.15, which is is illegal in itself i think.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Yeah, disbelief is maybe a better word. In a sense, everyone's worry and sympathy has turned to anger.

I thought 8:15 was late for a kid that age to be out - 10:15 is just ridiculous.

Guest DustyDeviada
POLICE UNDER FIRE AFTER 'NEEDLESS' HUNT FOR BOY

CAMERON BROOKS

09:00 - 30 March 2006

Grampian Police have been criticised for launching a massive search for an eight-year-old boy who was found staying with a friend.

More than 100 people including police, Coastguard, lifeboat and RAF mountain rescue and Sea King crews were involved in the operation to find Dylan Trendall who went missing from his home in Aberdeen's Kincorth on Monday night.

It emerged yesterday that the cost to the RNLI, which relies solely on donations, was 2,200, and 35,000 to the RAF although the sum was taken out of its budget which allows for 120 flying hours a month.

The cost to Grampian Police and Aberdeen Coastguard was not clear but it is likely to have run into thousands of pounds. The boy, who was missing for 16 hours, had spent the night with a friend of his mother Dawn in Garthdee.

North-east SNP MSP Richard Lochhead said: "While the authorities are always right to be safe rather than sorry, especially when children have gone missing, given the scale of the taxpayers' bill which has resulted from a needless search, police should review the guidelines and ensure local inquiries are more thorough in future."

George Urquhart, a councillor for Kincorth, said he was saddened by the expense that was incurred trying to find Dylan. "Certainly the child's safety is the important thing and it is easy to be wise after the event but it is a huge amount of taxpayers' money," he added.

Temporary superintendent Adrian Watson of Grampian Police, who was in charge of the search, defended the scale of the operation. "When you consider an eight-year-old child was missing for several hours, that it was apparently out of character and no one could tell us where we might find him, then it was highly appropriate for Grampian Police to treat this with the utmost importance and devote the necessary resources to bring this matter to a conclusion," he added.

The operation was the biggest search in the area since the murder of Scott Simpson 12 years ago. The nine-year-old was murdered by serial sex offender Steven Leisk when he was released from jail.

Aberdeen North SNP MSP Brian Adam backed the emergency services. "Perhaps inquiries about the potential the youngster might be staying with friends could have been explored better but most of us remember the case of Scott Simpson, so launching a major search was appropriate," he added. "It is easy to say it was a waste of taxpayers' money in hindsight but we don't need another Scott Simpson on our conscience."

Looks like my 10,000 estimate was a bit short then.

That'll be 37,200 please.

1. How is a helicopter supposed to spot one particular small boy' date=' even if he happened to be out on the street?

2. Didn't we all just know there would be a "Tracy" involved?[/quote']

1. Thermal imaging camera.

2. One of the other names involved rang a few alarm bells from a past professional life.

I guess there might be a story as yet untold here.