aberdeen-music

The new Will Young song

Hog

• 2 weeks later...

Will Young

A mincer of the highest order...

...and furthermore, I have no time for c*nts who get handed success on a plate, when talented, hard-working acts have to slog their way to recognition. :swearing:

All that game show & reality TV pish is a celebration of mediocrity and like the 51st State of America that were are, the stupid, stupid British public swallow it like a $30 blow-job. :down:

Can someone please explain to me why two thick, ugly, talentless slags are now millionairesses?? - neither of them can sing, dance, cook, act or have any business acumen. Neither of the two repulsive wee hoors can do anyting other than stand there and look like the operation to remove their brains was a complete success. ?(

Yet, the idiotic, schemie British public throw money at them both...

...and it's EXACTLY the same with Will Young, Girls Are Pish, Liberty Pish etc.

Completely abysmal non-acts getting repetitive airplay and all the opportunities to the detriment of REAL acts :swearing:

...and furthermore' date=' I have no time for c*nts who get handed success on a plate, when talented, hard-working acts have to slog their way to recognition. :swearing:

All that game show & reality TV pish is a celebration of mediocrity and like the 51st State of America that were are, the stupid, stupid British public swallow it like a $30 blow-job. :down:

Can someone please explain to me why two thick, ugly, talentless slags are now millionairesses?? - neither of them can sing, dance, cook, act or have any business acumen. Neither of the two repulsive wee hoors can do anyting other than stand there and look like the operation to remove their brains was a complete success. ?(

Completely abysmal non-acts getting repetitive airplay and all the opportunities to the detriment of REAL acts :swearing:[/quote']

I totally agree. Perhaps I should of worded it differently. The people who wrote the song for Will Young did a good job.:up:

...and furthermore' date=' I have no time for c*nts who get handed success on a plate, when talented, hard-working acts have to slog their way to recognition. :swearing:

Completely abysmal non-acts getting repetitive airplay and all the opportunities to the detriment of REAL acts :swearing:[/quote']

Can I ask you what's not real about Will Young, Liberty X, Girls Aloud and so on? They have to tour solidly, they're expected to keep themselves in *top* condition, they have to pretty much lead a lifestyle dictated by PR experts and so on...what's not real about that? Just because they're singing someone else's songs doesn't make them any more real and hard working. They also have to contend with the fact that it's very, very hard to have a long career in pop music - unlike other genres, it's very much "here today, gone tomorrow" and so you've got to put in 110% - you can't get away with putting out a lousy album simply because success is demanded straight away.

Of course, because they don't write their own music, they're instantly devalued because of it. Which is quite honestly rubbish - if you could make millions from letting someone better than you do something, wouldn't you do it too?

Guest bluesxman
Just because they're singing someone else's songs doesn't make them any more real and hard working.

Exactly. Elvis Presley always sung other peoples songs. And he was The King. :up:

The Pelvis

Exactly. Elvis Presley always sung other peoples songs. And he was The King. :up:

The King of What (or Where) :laughing:

...but seriously' date=' the King had something new to offer at that time and had genuine presence, I contend that all these acts are insipid and deriviate - I do admit Mr Young has exceptional vocal ability, but has very little real credibility - because he took a shortcut.

With regards to the other post....

It's a free country and everyone has their own equally valid opinion, but this is a [b']music site and these acts IMHO are Product

I guess my problem with game-show derived and chart acts of the 90's/00's are: -

• The British media's lack of discrimination between art & marketability and the British public's misguided (and seeemingly voracious) appetite for mediocrity
  • That the "music" is inconsequential, the whole thing is a clothing, cosmetics and accessories sales drive. My daughter has severely dented my bank balance as a result!!!!
  • That none of the girls are sexy or elegant - frankly, they look like slags & lapdancers, not real women (believe me, when you get to my age, you'll be suprised at how repulsive they look to you - and I'm not that old)
  • That none of them want to be GOOD - they just want to be FAMOUS, therefore the "art" doesn't matter and their loyal fans (who throw 's at them) are short-changed.

And finally, hard work? - gie's peace!!

Getting up out of bed to to a job you hate to put food on the table is real hard work - not everyone has the media-friendly looks required to "make-it" or the other opportunites to be whatever passes as a success these days and get the huge rewards.

Slogging through the club circuit to get people to listen to your music - and drawing a blank coz you don't fit the media profile is also hard work.

DZL

Ps - Don't take me too seriously, I'm always up for a good debate. I've nothing against Will Young, but I do despise all the other frauds.

...but seriously' date=' the King had something new to offer at that time and had genuine presence, I contend that all these acts are insipid and deriviate - I do admit Mr Young has exceptional vocal ability, but has very little real credibility - because he took a shortcut.

It's a free country and everyone has their own equally valid opinion, but this is a [b']music site and these acts IMHO are Product

I guess my problem with game-show derived and chart acts of the 90's/00's are: -

• The British media's lack of discrimination between art & marketability and the British public's misguided (and seeemingly voracious) appetite for mediocrity
  • That the "music" is inconsequential, the whole thing is a clothing, cosmetics and accessories sales drive. My daughter has severely dented my bank balance as a result!!!!
  • That none of the girls are sexy or elegant - frankly, they look like slags & lapdancers, not real women (believe me, when you get to my age, you'll be suprised at how repulsive they look to you - and I'm not that old)
  • That none of them want to be GOOD - they just want to be FAMOUS, therefore the "art" doesn't matter and their loyal fans (who throw 's at them) are short-changed.

Getting up out of bed to to a job you hate to put food on the table is real hard work - not everyone has the media-friendly looks required to "make-it" or the other opportunites to be whatever passes as a success these days and get the huge rewards.

Slogging through the club circuit to get people to listen to your music - and drawing a blank coz you don't fit the media profile is also hard work.

DZL

Ps - Don't take me too seriously, I'm always up for a good debate. I've nothing against Will Young, but I do despise all the other frauds.

Oh, you sound like such an utter cock.

It's still music, not PRODUCT!!22!!!1 or whatever you're claiming. Will Young, Girls Aloud, etc. might not write the music, but they still sing it, don't they?

Since when was music all about the song-writing, anyway? So you're telling me that you'd genuinely applaud some miserable looking, balding man singing "Love Machine" with his terrible, out-of-tune voice, purely because he WROTE it?

Have a good voice is as much of a talent as being able to write a good song, so please just be quiet.

Guest bluesxman
So you're telling me that you'd genuinely applaud some miserable looking' date=' balding man singing "Love Machine" with his terrible, out-of-tune voice, purely because he WROTE it? [/quote']

Am I the only one who thought of Phil Collins here?

Guest bluesxman

DZL

I have no desire to defend anyone, I'm just pointing out that not writing your own songs is not necessarily a bad thing. But then not everyone looks like or has the voice of Elvis. And times have changed since the 50's, lol, bit more choice....

Oh' date=' you sound like such an utter cock.

It's still music, not PRODUCT!!22!!!1 or whatever you're claiming. Will Young, Girls Aloud, etc. might not write the music, but they still sing it, don't they?

Since when was music all about the song-writing, anyway? So you're telling me that you'd genuinely applaud some miserable looking, balding man singing "Love Machine" with his terrible, out-of-tune voice, purely because he WROTE it?

Have a good voice is as much of a talent as being able to write a good song, so please just be quiet.[/quote']

If you'd bothered to look at the thread at all you might have noticed that at no time did I mention songwriting ability (or the lack therefore).

And as regards to the other post - I don't rate Phil Collins either. Singer-songwriters can turn out utter drivel too - as has been proved time and again by Mr Collins.

Like I said, this is a music site and this is a discussion thread where we can vent our spleens from time to time. I've put more positive than negative threads/replies/posts on this site since joining, but this morning I felt like having a rant at an aspect of the music industry that I have an issue with.

You have seen fit to hurl an insult at me when you know absolutey nothing about me whatsoever. I very much doubt your response would have been the same if we were having this debate in a bar.

Computer forums the world over are polluted with insignificant, impotent (and probably incontinent) little "keyboard heroes" who from the perfect safety of their anonimity live out their fantasies of being "well hard" (try some of the BBC football forums).

Having generally equated an appreciation of music with intelligence, I expected this site to be different.

Wrong again.

DZL

Guest bluesxman

I also sense a lack of regard to the Phil bashing which takes place regularly on here. And I also notice he got upset with me when I never even made that comment in relation to his posts. Sheesh.

I also sense a lack of regard to the Phil bashing which takes place regularly on here. And I also notice he got upset with me when I never even made that comment in relation to his posts. Sheesh.

On the contrary - there's nothing like a spot of Phil-bashing of an evening. The horrible wee hing-oot deserves all he gets :up:

..and I'm not upset with you or anyone today - I just like a good rant and enjoy dangling some bait :up:

I'm fit, healthy and minted beyond belief - what is there to be upset about ?(

DZL