aberdeen-music

Local metal/hardcore scene help

xDamerx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hardcore scene in Aberdeen is getting better. Isn't too many bands but some include:

Filthpact: Crust/hardcore/grind www.myspace.com/filthpact

We Shall Be Blessed: Metalcore/grind (kind of like The Red Chord/Converge) www.myspace.com/weshallbeblessed

The Butchers of Bakersfield: thrash/hardcore punk www.myspace.com/thebutchersofbakersfield

The.Shotgun.Love.Affair: metallic hardcore/screamo www.myspace.com/theshotgunloveaffair

At Long Last: metallic hardcore punk. like a heavier strung out www.myspace.com/atlonglastrock

Spike Piledriver: grindcore/metal/punk

think thats all the local bands really. some better bands found elsewere in Scotland such as Today We Fight, The Fight Back, Engage, The Process, Atomgevitter etc

Today We Fight and The Fight Back along with one local hardcore band can be seen at The Tunnels on Carnegies Brae in Aberdeen on April 7th.

The hardcore scene in Aberdeen is getting better. Isn't too many bands but some include:

Filthpact: Crust/hardcore/grind www.myspace.com/filthpact

We Shall Be Blessed: Metalcore/grind (kind of like The Red Chord/Converge) www.myspace.com/weshallbeblessed

The Butchers of Bakersfield: thrash/hardcore punk www.myspace.com/thebutchersofbakersfield

The.Shotgun.Love.Affair: metallic hardcore/screamo www.myspace.com/theshotgunloveaffair

At Long Last: metallic hardcore punk. like a heavier strung out www.myspace.com/atlonglastrock

Spike Piledriver: grindcore/metal/punk

think thats all the local bands really. some better bands found elsewere in Scotland such as Today We Fight' date=' The Fight Back, Engage, The Process, Atomgevitter etc

Today We Fight and The Fight Back along with one local hardcore band can be seen at The Tunnels on Carnegies Brae in Aberdeen on April 7th.[/quote']

forget anyone?

all you need to do man is just keep cheaking out this site for gigs, this site is good for knowing nearly every gig in aberdeen. just got to gigs and events, and have a look in there. there are also less known metal bands that kirk never mentioned, such as

Element 106

My Minds Wepon

Statue of Misery

Weeping Jesus

Iomega

etc

just keep an eye out for these bands, as they usually paly all metal/hardcore gigs

oh and Welcom to Aberdeen

:up:

hey, thanks guys for your help, ill keep those places in mind. i was gonna go to terror but i walked into town from bridge of don area, not knowing how long of a walk it was and was too tired to go to the show. i was gonna check out the horse the band show, but i completely forgot! seems like the metal hardcore scene here is pretty friendly, since i got a few replies and i posted it last night. thanks dudes

i play guitar' date=' my old band is here [url']www.myspace.com/heldbytheblade i have been wanting to play drums, i have a pretty wicked double kick for someone who doesnt play drums at all. and bass just goes along with guitar, well, for the most part, unless you can shred on the bass. i would like to do vocals though
now, question 4, have you heard His Hero Is Gone? Dropdead? thrash/crust/grind attack terror band need some members.

His Hero Is Gone were from Portland. They broke up a while ago, members went on to form Tragedy and Severed Head of State and stuff.

Dropdead were from Brooklyn or somewhere like that. I thin they're still together.

Im gussing you're not into sticking safety pins up your willy and shagging some girl the same age as your mum under a pool table surrounded by drunk crusties in a club in Bradford, which is kind of what we're looking for. Oh well, the search continues!