aberdeen-music

This is the sickest con,what can be done to stop them?

Biz

Brick Court Chambers

7-8 Essex Street

London WC2R 3LD

ATTN:MD/CEO,

I solicit for your good refine temperament on this unwarranted mail,

but hope you will consider it worth giving attention. Thus, a

pre-meditated contact, trust and honor which i bestowed on your personality.

I am Mrs.Margaret Gray, member of Brick Court Chambers London, call

into bar in 1998, Areas of Practice, Commercial Law, Insurance and

Reinsurance,Banking, Commercial Judicial Review.

I am, the Personal Attorney to a Foreign Contractor, who worked with a

Multi-national Oil Firm in London.

On the 11th of September 2001, my client, a Mexican National, late

Engineer Michael Creek,an oil Merchant / Contractor , until his Death Three

years ago in a Ghastly terrorist attack to american airlines flight 11,

from Boston,Massachusetts, to Los Angeles, California, crashed into the

North Tower of the World Trade Centre with 92 people on board.

All occupants of the Aeroplane unfortunately lost their lives. Since

then I have made several inquiries to your Embassy to locate any of my

late clients extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful. After

these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his relatives

over the Internet, to locate any member of his family but of no avail,

hence I decided to contact you.

I am contacting you to assist me in repatriating the money left behind

by my late client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable

by the Bank where this huge deposits were lodged. Particularly, the

Bank where the deceased had an account valued at about US$3.8 million

dollars has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the

account confiscated within the next ten official working days.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 3

years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin to the

deceased so that the proceeds of this account valued at $3.8 million

dollars can be paid to you and then you and I can share this money. 60% to

me and 30% to you,while 10% should be for expenses or tax as your

government may require,

I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any

claim we may make.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal

through.

I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement

that will protect you from any breach of the law. Get in touch with me

via my private email : margaretgray_brickscourtchembers@yahoo.co.uk to

enable us discuss on the modalities and process for the success of this

transaction.

Please feel free to make your interest known, as your response will be

appreciated.And i will like to have your Phone and Fax number for

smooth communication as internet might not be too confident in an important

business information.

Regards.

Mrs.Margaret Gray

Tel;44-7040-130-463or 44-7040-130-464

Brick court Chambers

(margaretgray_brickscourtchembers@yahoo.co.uk)

Text Attachment [ Download File | Save to Yahoo! Briefcase ]

These types of cons have been around for a while now in different guises. Ie. Pay some cash and get a big inheritance.

It is good fun replying however and keep saying that you've sent a cheque and have they received it yet. They can get really funny when they are desperate for your unforthcoming cheque and you keep replying 'Yes but I sent it 2 days ago...You MUST have got it by now!!!'.

It's funny how their spelling and grammer goes down the pan when they are emailing you to re-send a cheque in their best broken English.

Guest onlynik
These types of cons have been around for a while now in different guises. Ie. Pay some cash and get a big inheritance.

It is good fun replying however and keep saying that you've sent a cheque and have they received it yet. They can get really funny when they are desperate for your unforthcoming cheque and you keep replying 'Yes but I sent it 2 days ago...You MUST have got it by now!!!'.

It's funny how their spelling and grammer goes down the pan when they are emailing you to re-send a cheque in their best broken English.

LOL spelling, grammar

it's known as the 419 scam...

after the reference penal code in nigeria... yep it is predominantly a nigerian scam.... they used to fax their crap before the advent of the internet.... problem is it is so easy to send out millions of these e-mails at very little costs hence the steadily increasing numbers.... and believe it or not people still fall for it...

apparently part of the scam can be that the scamee will visit the scamsters(under some official guise), the fraudsters will bribe an immigration official to get the scamee into the country... soon the whole payment starts going tits up and the scam changes as the scamee is an illegal immigrant in nigeria and black mail commences...allegedly, a few people have disappeared....

i hear, however, that one guy threatened to put a voodoo curse on one of the scamsters and after a few e-mails complaining that voodoo curses were a very serious matter (?!) the e-mail soon dried up.... so the story goes.. i've got a link to somewhere...

The easiest way to stop this is to not subscribe your email address to newsgroups and foreign mailing lists or advertisers and delete the email as soon as you open it. Do not forward it on. Report the email to abuse@yahoo.co.uk

surely that's only effective if the e-mail was sent from a yahoo account?

People who fall for this are stupid.

1. no shortage of them in the world...

2. stupid...or desperate... some of the people who have fallen for this are from the second world themselves....

surely that's only effective if the e-mail was sent from a yahoo account?

1. no shortage of them in the world...

2. stupid...or desperate... some of the people who have fallen for this are from the second world themselves....

The reply address is a yahoo account. If Yahoo shut it down, no-one else can get conned. They'll then use another address, which will also get shut down if everyone complained.

1. Well then, they deserve everything they get. Like banks offering students credit cards.

2. Desperation is no excuse. On the same premise, would they rob a bank out of 'desperation'. And... if they're that deperate, why not sell their PC?

I used to get mail like that all the time from African countries, usually something along the lines of my client needs to transfer his money to a British bank account, £1million or whatever, if you'll let us pay it into your account you can keep 5% but you'll need to send us a grand first for some reason that I can't remember.

There's a few sites about people who have played along with the scam and got the scammers to do stupid things to prove their loyalty - like this picture for example:

lambert_amanda.jpg

check out www.419eater.com for amusement.

2. Desperation is no excuse. On the same premise' date=' would they rob a bank out of 'desperation'. And... if they're that deperate, why not sell their PC?[/quote']

robbing a bank is ever so slightly illegal and can have negative side effects if the perpetrator is caught.... in the 419 scam the scamee is under the impression he is going to receive some unclaimed fortune that will otherwise end up in the banks coffers... (hence the attraction)

the sums that are going to supposedly going to change hands run into ridiculous sums such as hundreds of thousands or millions....i don't think anybody ever sold a second hand pc for that kinda money...

robbing a bank is ever so slightly illegal and can have negative side effects if the perpetrator is caught.... in the 419 scam the scamee is under the impression he is going to receive some unclaimed fortune that will otherwise end up in the banks coffers... (hence the attraction)

the sums that are going to supposedly going to change hands run into ridiculous sums such as hundreds of thousands or millions....i don't think anybody ever sold a second hand pc for that kinda money...

No' date=' but if you're "desperate", why would you keep a PC when you could get something for it??

Exactly because the people this type of scam tricks are STUPID people, not DESPERATE people. (And this is the point I was [i']trying to make!)

No' date=' but if you're "desperate", why would you keep a PC when you could get something for it??

Exactly because the people this type of scam tricks are STUPID people, not DESPERATE people. (And this is the point I was [i']trying to make!)

seems to be some confusion about the word desperate... desperate people are not necessarily desperate for 50 quid... somebody who has spent 30 years in a crap job earning fuck all desperately believes they deserve a better life style for their toils... he might find that some of his despair blinds his otherwise, possibly somewhat limited, better judgement....

and secondly...if you are looking for a life style changing sum...why sell a pc? very short term gain...

lastly, everybody will fall for somekinda scam sometime in their life...whether it is a 419 effort.... or buying a leather chamois of a bloke on your doorstep for some inflated price... or buying a fitted kitchen at a particular price cos the sale ends tomorrow.... etc etc...

LOL spelling' date=' grammar[/quote']

Ok, ok my mistake. Spell a thousand words correctly and they find fault with one mistake.

It's like they say ... You can shag 1000 women and no-one says a word, but you shag just one sheep.....

Anyway, back to the thread..

If they say you must send them $1000 to release the money, just reply that you are willing to half the millions if they release it for you.

seems to be some confusion about the word desperate... desperate people are not necessarily desperate for 50 quid... somebody who has spent 30 years in a crap job earning fuck all desperately believes they deserve a better life style for their toils... he might find that some of his despair blinds his otherwise' date=' possibly somewhat limited, better judgement....

and secondly...if you are looking for a life style changing sum...why sell a pc? very short term gain...

lastly, everybody will fall for somekinda scam sometime in their life...whether it is a 419 effort.... or buying a leather chamois of a bloke on your doorstep for some inflated price... or buying a fitted kitchen at a particular price cos the sale ends tomorrow.... etc etc...[/quote']

No, no I totally disagree. Only Stupid people fall for scams.

The example you gave was not a desperate person, but a greedy person. There are other ways to get somewhere in life.

how insightful...

there are other ways to get somewhere in life.....?

i never thought of it that way.... do tell me more...

So, you're insinuating that the only way to resolve financial hardship is to get involved in a "Get rich quick" scam. What utter bollocks!

If you can't see any other alternatives to this then you need help.

So' date=' you're insinuating that the only way to resolve financial hardship is to get involved in a "Get rich quick" scam. What utter bollocks!

If you can't see any other alternatives to this then you need help.[/quote']

dude id agree with the other guy. anyone can fall for scams, they dont HAVE to be stupid.

For example, these dudes that go around posing as say gas men then go to old folks homes. then they scam the old people outta their savings.

This could be done by anyone, not just old. Think if your like drunk or just woken up, would you look that closly at the id tag?

But alot of people with money problems (oweing alot of money for example) could fall for them. selling a 2nd hand comp wont help much so there'd be no point in doing it.

I'd say just to be less trusting on the 'net. . . or do some of that things on that 419eater. . .baiting them seems fun

i've often been tempted to give these scamsters details of a bank account i have with no money in it, would love to see the disappointed look on their face when they realise they could extract nothing from my account!!! but wouldnt want to risk giving these wankers any personal details, especially as this is a dual account with money in the other account!

i now have my e mails well protected against junk mail and any such e mails get quarentined.

more crap...

PINTO GONZALEZ TEL:66 522 38272 TEL: 66 522 38272. EMAIL: louis_gonza@yahoo.com DEAR SIR/MADAM, REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE You will be surprised to read from me, but please consider this letter as a genuine request from a family in dire need of your humble assistance. Firstly, I must introduce myself; I am Mr. Louis Gonzalez from Angola. I am the first and the only son of Brigadier Josef Gonzalez, presently residing in Thailand. I know I got your contact from a business Directory in Thailand chamber of commerce and industry. On behalf my widowed mother Mrs. Beatrice Gonzalez, I decided to solicit for your assistance to transfer the sum of US$15M [FIFTEEN MILLION, UNITED STATES DOLLARS] I inherited from my late father into your personal account. Though, before his death my father was a brigadier in chare of arms and ammunition procurement for the Angola Army. In his 93 WIIL he specifically drew my attention to the sum of US$25M, which he deposited in a safe deposit box with a security company in Bangkok, Thailand, as a treasure box fully, documented in my name [Louis Gonzalez]. In fact, my father stated and quotes; My dear son, I wish to draw your attention to the sum of US15M [Fifteen million, united states Dollars]. I deposited the box containing the funds in a security company in Bangkok, Thailand. During the war, I was very dedicated and committed to winning the war against the rebels UNITA, Until I found out that senior Army officers and Government functionaries were busy helping themselves with government funds and properties and sending them to foreign countries. Due to this, when I and my former special Advisor to the president [PRESIDENT EDUARDO SANTOS] TO PURCHASE arms in Thailand Bangkok, we saw this as a golden opportunity, and we diverted the money and divided the money of which my share was US$15MILLION. In the event of my absence on earth, as a result of death, you should solicit for the funds for investment purposes. From the above, you will understand that the lives and future of my family depend on this money, as such I will be grateful if you can assists us. We are now living in Bangkok, Thailand as political asylum seekers and the financial law and Regulations of the Republic of Bangkok, Thailand do not permit us financial rights to such huge sum of money. In view of this, I cannot invest the fund in Bangkok, Thailand , hence I am prepared to offer you 15% of the total amount and the remaining 85% is for my family. Finally, modalities on how the money will be transfer will be conveyed to you once we have established trust and confidence in each other. Please treat this matter as very urgent and confidential. Best Regards. David Mark