aberdeen-music

Dedalus return to action this Saturday...

Chris

Dedalus (nominated for best newcomer and best of the rest in this years fudge awards) return to the live fold this saturday at the lemon tree as part of the Funhouse.

Just thought I'd post the good news as there was a thread or two a while ago wondering where they'd gone.

Can't remember the exact line up but I think Hail Ceaser! and The Needles are playing.

Was it Hail Ceasar that were on after Dedalus?

If so... I thought they were swanky buggers. Yes, I must admit I was impressed with how Mart has taken to the drums. Very good stuff.

The Needles are absolutely, categorically, unarguably the best band ever to have emerged out of the Aberdeen music scene - and I include Vomitus in that equation. On Saturday they played a great set and Dave Dixon is the ultimate frontman - as thin as he is mesmerising.

Hail Caesar started well, became mired in mediocrity in the middle of their set, but then redeemed themselves with 'I will cut you'.

I missed most of Dedalus but they sounded passable if not exactly to my taste. Also, the lead singer had 'paedophile hair' but I cant decide if that is a good or bad thing.

Sadly The Needles new CD was not for sale, which pissed me off, but other than that it was a good night.

dedalus were awesome on saturday. They really hit the ground running after their short break. Fantastic stuff.

The needles were ace as ever, made our drunken group very happy and set the mood for the remainder of the night (much drinking and dancing).

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonT610/R201 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

The 24th features the awesome trilogy of politik, major major and the sonar yen. One me the best line up's go the history me everything. Thanks for all the line words folks, we had fun.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonT610/R201 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

The 24th features the awesome trilogy of politik, major major and the sonar yen. One me the best line up's go the history me everything. Thanks for all the line words folks, we had fun.

One me the best line up's go the history me everything.

I reckon that translates as: "one of the best line ups in the history of everything" Lets try not to take the piss - we all know text messages are a bastard! Anyway he's right - its a helluva line up and is going to be a storming night! Check out the descriptions in the calendar if youre still unsure! Woohoo.