aberdeen-music

New Hexagonal Pensioners track to download...

*Craig_HexPen*

Originally posted by Tav:

Bit of a mess to listen to once it gets further into the song. The start is cool. Perhaps if it was recorded "porperly" it would be a better listen. Certainly an original sounding concept for aberdeen could jsut do with a better execution.

What is "porperly"... recording something like a dolphin?

(porpoise "joke")

Downloaded on Friday. Listened, contemplated, listened some more.

To be honest the first section reminded me too much of the Pebble Mill house band. Rather cheesy and more than a little repetitive.

When the tabla/bongos kicked in during the last section the timing went a bit to pot, would be nice to hear it in time.

Instrumentation wise you sound pretty accompished (apart from the timing), but this song doesn't really show much creativity.

PS: Shouldn't this be in the bloody feedback forum? :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Startex

Although I prefer a 'groove' to get my teeth into, it's damn cool! I don't give a toss how it's recorded and how 'high' the quality is, as long as I can hear it. In the 'good old days' before zillion channel multitrackers and desks streching from one side of the room to the other, bands recorded with like two mikes on the kit and everybody playing live in the same troom. And it rocked!

Keep up the good work guys. When you playing outwith Aberdeen?