aberdeen-music

Warning...!!...april 16th.....!!...warning!!

Dizzy Storm

get this for a line up!!

THE VALENTINE (formerly known as Transgression) www.kissthevalentine.com

THROUGH SILENCE www.throughsilence.com

MAKE HER CRY www.makehercry.com

DROWNING THE WORLD IN REQUIEM www.drowningtheworldinrequiem.com

ANONYMOUS TIP www.anonymoustip.net

MATAHARI www.matahari.org.uk

local support from MY MINDS WEAPON

we're actually combining 2 gigs which were both scheduled for aberdeen on this date and have decided to make it into a sort of all-dayer...starting about 4ish probably (time tbc)...AND IVE SUSSED OUT ITS THE LAST WEEKEND OF THE SCHOOL SPRING BREAK WHICH WORKS REALLY WELL!!

FRI 16TH APRIL

DR DRAKES

TICKETS 7.50 (on sale soon)

just a bit more info on lesser known bands on this bill...and its not all emo and hardcore believe it or not (or whatever its called?!)

THE DEPARTURE

They take the dynamism of an eighties electro beat, and add lyrics that convey the two leitmotifs of the twenty first century; lack of sleep and boredom......they are a band with Bauhaus principles, new romantic convictions and an eye for making the ordinary, ambiguous. The band hail from a nowhere town somewhere in the middle of a society befallen to consumerism, coffee and television.

from listening to their tracks on the website i can certainly smell Joy Division, The Smiths and a bit of David Bowie even....i reckon Dedalus would love them! i for one am really looking forward to hearing them!...the 80's child that i am!!

ANONYMOUS TIP

one for all the punk fans...Sublime, Alkaline Trio, Snuff, Green Day,Foo Fighters, Nofx, Strung Out and Suicide Machines are who inspired 4 teenagers from south london to form Anonymous Tip, a high-octane four piece punk band. The band has always loved fast-paced punk music, and wants desperately to push it forward adding something special of their own. No replicated, soulless vessels set to exploit the public, just intense, no frills punk shenanigans with the soul purpose to make a positive difference within a boring music scene.

The band sent a copy of their CD to Snuff the greatest UK punk band to see primarily if they liked it, and perhaps to give them some tips on Mixing or any advice at all. It turned out that Snuff did like the CD, and in fact invited the band to be the first on their new label, called 10 past10 Records. (Snuff are on 10 Past12 Records)

DROWNING THE WORLD IN REQUIEM

Drowning the world in Requiem are an unsigned band have been together for the last four years and hail from the Berkshire region .they have known each other since our College days where they formed this band and have been concentrating on creating all types of music and integrating styles as their musical tastes are very wide. they dont just conform to Hardcore or Metal, they have a new Bass player who has added an extra twist to the band.

they have been playing shows in between the Berkshire district and London and have played with many known acts such as : Norma Jean, The Hurt process, Jessie James, The last year, The Birds of Paradise, Silent Front, Anonymous tip and many more....

• 2 weeks later...

** UPDATE**

THE DEPARTURE have 'departed' (looks like they got themselves a nice little record deal) therefore wont be appearing on this bill any more...boo...i was looking forward to them...

anyway, replacing them are MATAHARI - the band, from london, have been around for around 5 years (think they might have even played aberdeen before as a tour support?) they've been described as everything from hardcore metal to melodic rock, the band see themselves as intelligent, emotive rock music. their new album 'Pefect Horizon' which came out on April 1st has been 4 years in the making and for the first time, they say, perhaps demonstratres the quality of the bands musical talents and their songwriting.

www.matahari.org.uk

Originally posted by DR DRAKE:

** UPDATE**

anyway, replacing them are MATAHARI - the band, from london, have been around for around 5 years (think they might have even played aberdeen before as a tour support?) they've been described as everything from hardcore metal to melodic rock, the band see themselves as intelligent, emotive rock music. their new album 'Pefect Horizon' which came out on April 1st has been 4 years in the making and for the first time, they say, perhaps demonstratres the quality of the bands musical talents and their songwriting.

www.matahari.org.uk

Arrrr, arrr.

We played our first ever gig with them, they were funny, nice gentle chaps. They even came to the palace for a drink or seven later. They toured with Kilkus about 2 years ago. They had a really funny keyboard player / man on the decks that laughed like a dolphin. In a charming way.

Can't remember what they sounded like.

PROPOSED RUNNING ORDER/TIMES

THE VALENTINE 10.00

THROUGH SILENCE 9.15

MY MINDS WEAPON 8.30

ANONYMOUS TIP 7.45

MAKE HER CRY 7.00

MATAHARI 6.15

DROWNING THE WORLD..... 5.30

now the times are 'approx' because as we all know nothing ever runs to plan!! but we'll try our hardest so that everyone can hopefully catch all the bands before buses etc...

SCOTT CONTRA will be dj'ing too...

** also if anyone thinks the running order is unfair/wrong in any way - tough!! im just trying to be fair to both tours, spreading them equally over the night - someone has to go on first!!

Originally posted by DR DRAKE:

PROPOSED RUNNING ORDER/TIMES

THE VALENTINE 10.00

THROUGH SILENCE 9.15

MY MINDS WEAPON 8.30

ANONYMOUS TIP 7.45

MAKE HER CRY 7.00

MATAHARI 6.15

DROWNING THE WORLD..... 5.30

If I miss the afternoon Neighbours I hope no one's expecting me to come along and see Drowning The World. I've got the repeat to see! :dunce:

Originally posted by psydoll:

If I miss the afternoon Neighbours I hope no one's expecting me to come along and see Drowning The World. I've got the repeat to see! :dunce:

Watch it at 1.40pm thats what im doing. Luckily they play it twice a day. Can't wait to go back to school so i can get up early enough to watch ukGold neighbours!:p

Guest highroller

...anyway....bollocks to neighbors...this is gonna be good!!

ive got a feeling that it will be a rad night...although im without my lucky charm that nite!!