aberdeen-music

Why don't you go for a POGO??

britheguy

Yes' date=' PA is new, improved and VERY LOUD!!!!! Good quality as well. Bass and guitar will be so noisy that no-one will notice that the drummer isn't doing enough fills.

Talkin bout my de-generation.[/quote']

Enough!!

Let the crowd do the talking for you. Just bang the shit out of those drums tomorrow.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman

Would that not be because most of this thread has been discussions between the band members and people who know them over who could play some old punk track perfectly or not and the relative value in doing so, where old band members are now, etc, etc, etc?

Fortunate to be there

I was there last night, it was a cracking night as usual, and I'm sure most of the regulars and new comers would agree. Then again I'm no musician or music critic, just someone who enjoys a good night out, a few drinks, and listening to a band that may not be note perfect but their enthusiasm and that of their fans makes it worthwhile.

Well spotted

Would that not be because most of this thread has been discussions between the band members and people who know them over who could play some old punk track perfectly or not and the relative value in doing so' date=' where old band members are now, etc, etc, etc?[/quote']

That is a very good and valid point. you have there. Thanks to Biz havng a rant about how stuff should be played, and our bass player blowing his nut at the aforementioned Biz, I think that people started to 'lug in' to see what would happen next.

The thread did go on a bit in the end....perhaps it was started too early.

To Charliesays;

Thanks for the support. I thought it got of to a shakey start, but got better as the night wore on. It is a large hall to play in, and can be a pain as it looks half full. I always prefered to play in the lounge. The hall is handy for when the folk start to mosh though.

Got a call from a couple of folk from Blairgowrie that came up to see us...they were still singing the songs today on the drve back, so it can't be that bad.

I agree Bri..the hall is a strange place to play in, it has always been the case, it doesn't matter which band plays there, It has a lot to do with local Mintlaw politics as well.

Bands from all parts of scotland have played the hall, some weel known others not so, Mintlaw punters don't seem to want to support there local pub or even have an interest in local bands, the only people that get any kind of support are the football brigade, and even then you have to be part of the " in crowd ".

I guess truthfuly that if you got some gigs in Aberdeen your band would probably get a better following and better support.

See ya's at the next gig.