aberdeen-music

Why don't you go for a POGO??

britheguy

Your band make a mockery of what being in a band is about' date='listen to the records/injest the information/rehearse again and again THEN gig,I spend a lot of time learning songs and it does not do the bands/songs/music any justice to be played in such a haphazard amateurish way,it may be a laugh to you BUT it cheapens what I DO, so please IF YOU MUST PLAY PUNK ROCK do it justice and do not incorporate namby pamy shite in the same set as decent punk rock,FUCK ME Oasis!, fine, play that shite badly, but please do not murder the decent punk rock songs I love,I am pissed, but even in this state of inebriation I would not encourage folk to pay,let alone travel to see good songs played badly.[/quote']

Thank you for your input. Stuff like this will help us improve our skills, and will surely inhance our future performances.

I hope you get over your hang over.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put your music where your mouth is...

and 95% (at least) folk don't notice the few flat notes, mucked up lead runs or a missing crash or ride cymbal etc.

Aye RIGHT... 48% of statistics are made up....please put a link to your site that works so that the punters on here can give their honest opinions of your band cheers.

AHA FOUND IT ...ON PURE VOLUME although the band name is bizarrely spelt

" RED CORTINA'S"

I see you have A fan ,at least your singer is actually better at singing than the other Ian Brown ,priceless version of Anarchy

http://www.purevolume.com/redcortinas

I hav heard the cortinas a few times of late as well as a number of others and can't understand Biz's beef, The Cortinas aren't a band who indulge themselves in there own self adulation and play note for note to try and impress some music critic from the N.M.E. who may be in the crowd but a bunch of guys who enjoy there music, envolve the crowd and generally hav a good time.

They seem to put a lot of ther'selves into there gigs and from what i saw the punters DID enjoy them..

If i wanted to hear bang on note for note punk/rock bands i would download the originals off the internet.

Live club or pub bands are not pro's, if they were i'm sure they would be doing world tours like Biz's band does.

Thanks for the support eelpie!!

I've heard Biz's band(s) past and present and have always thought they were good bands. Each person is allowed his or her own view. Although his band is not doing a world tour, they are worth seeing...I just keep missing them due to work!!!

Everyone is allowed a rant now again, and Biz is no exception, although he does sometimes have more to rant about than most others. :up:

Calling Me A Cunt???

well in my opinon the mans a COCK..(biz)... yeah he plays drums nae bad.. but what the fuck is with the spinning drum sticks n the 80s biker jacket??? reeks of motley crue to me.. seems like your doin the time warp.... just my wee dig at yi son..(when are yi taking the tampons aff yer drum sticks as they say)...ok ive been into punk since ive been 11 yrs old.. ive seen it n done it in more ways n 1..hell ive sniffed the glue n downed the cider wore the jack boots n 4skined special`ed over abody.. but im no boring little cunt...so... biz your in a punk tribute band??? and your nae bad at that.....but im in a pub covers band!!!... if i cum to see you which i have..( and let me tell you... the other members of your band, are very nice people to get on with except you)..i excpect to see punk played near perfect as the real thing yi were ok ...but no real thing....going to see a pub covers band ...people like to hear a mixture of music which we try to provide as being our interpratation of the song... they know its not the real thing but they go away feeling happy the have had a good night.... im into punk, ians into punk,,,, bri and dave have a wide variety of influences.. hence we play what we are into ...as for absorbing and listening too punk.... i sit and learn my bass lines note for note till i get it right if i dont ill go back again and again till i nail it.. so dont tell me to absorb punk. cause its been in me since i been a youngster.. and if bass was on the same level as the drums id kick yer arse all over the stage... calling me a cunt????....YOU FUCKIN CUNT!!!!

I have sobered up...Ho hum my chequered past

Thanks for the support eelpie!!

I've heard Biz's band(s) past and present and have always thought they were good bands. QUOTE]

I hope you don't mean Dv8, The Shed, Fuck Namby Shite, The Tarmak Gang ,The Hoovers, and most of the other Royal Rock, Continental, Drummonds, WC Fields,The West End 1980s /1990s rock bands I was in.

The Excellent Brothers ...come to think about it were not very far away from what you guys are doing,and we had a great time,although I would always describe us as The Excrement Brothers ,and NO WAY would I let loose a dodgy tape ,I still have videos of gigs at The Lido ,I look like something out of Hanoi Rocks and 95% of the songs are embarrasing to listen to,but right enough, the average punter disnae gae a shite as long as they can sing along to the chorus, oh dear I am still hung over from Sat/Sun Fudge awards madness,sorry for being a cunt, I 'll send ye a postcard of apology to The Pitfour in Mintlaw fae Japan or America later in the year, cheers Biz.

Wahey 381 Hits

Ye micht get a bigger crowd at the Pitfour gig ,we should dae this mair often ,confrontational handbag clutching is one of the more popular pass times on these boards and provides much valued publicity

www.16again.co.uk

http://www.redcortinas.piczo.com/?cr=1&rfm=y

any body else like to add their constructive reviews of our cover versions or dress sense?

MyPictures0001.jpg

Lets clarify this...

seems like your doin the time warp....

Yes we are a punk rock tribute band ..that is the point

1..hell ive sniffed the glue n downed the cider wore the jack boots n 4skined special`ed over abody.. but im no boring little cunt...so...

Sniffing glue is punk? NO sniffing glue is dangerous and can result in death and seemingly the inability to communicate effectively later in life

and let me tell you... the other members of your band, are very nice people to get on with except you)..

I honestly can not remember ever meeting you,you are not unique in disliking me but I am not in a band to become popular,I have enough friends already.

and if bass was on the same level as the drums id kick yer arse all over the stage...

Errrmmm what? being in a band is not a competition, and if you are THAT good I will definately come to see you gig...if the other members get up to speed.

calling me a cunt????....YOU FUCKIN CUNT!!!!

High horse

Hi Biz.

I think you hit it on the nail. You guys a punk tribute band, and a quite good one as well, or I would'nt be listening to you waffle on.

We on the other hand a pub covers band. I'm sure CCR or Free etc, didn't jump down the throat of every band like Life and Soul, Ginger etc, just becuase they were not note for note correct. (I'm sure they were though)

You said you spent money seeing bands....we've all done that, hell I've seen rockstars turn in shite sets on more than one occasion.

Glue sniffing is not big and not clever, I preferred mushrooms.

As for a support act....I think you got that wrong, we were asking to slot in with you, and I'm sure we could manage a set with no Oasis in it, unless you asked for some. Dull....I don't think so, right time right place...without doubt. Lucky Bar$tards no question. Back to my dull day job for me.

NOTE: you don't need to pay to see us

Rock on Billy Boy!!!

my dull day job

Involves working for Oasis, Ian Brown, and other acts I'd rather not mention, but at least I got to handle Clem Burke fae Blondie and Mel Gaynor and Zak Starkeys (superextortionately priced Drum Workshop) drumkits... drool, as for gigs wi you guys, I would rather we support you so we don't have to take so much gear,and we can relax and watch you guys over a pint or 2 and we wouldn't have to set up and soundcheck first or organise PA and venue and posters tickets advertising etc...yeah bring on the 16again support slot how about fancy dress with a theme?.

well just like yourself biz i had my drunken rant on sunday night.. so mabey we have something in common and ill come clean and apologize for my outburst.i have met you before when i was playing in the conti on guitar wi bri at the ill fated wysiwyg gig when you were front row....end of the bar more like hee hee. but still out front. our first real gig and to be honest we thought we were so great until you brought it home to us how really shite we were.i vowed from that day on id never be embarrassed like that again.hence my outburst callin me a cunt..i know you didnt call me that.. but it felt like that when you started your drunken rant at our band and all the emotions brought it all back.as for my bass playing.. i put in the effort to learn my homework and try to get as close to the song as i possibly can ..just as you do..as for being chums i have no problem with that as i spent most of the night chattin with bob from yer band at the clashed gig and found him good company .ive added your request to be added to our friends list and ours to your list.

hopefully we can put this behind us and get on with having some great fun nites out playin

guru

Not a real job then!!

Involves working for Oasis' date=' Ian Brown, and other acts I'd rather not mention, but at least I got to handle Clem Burke fae Blondie and Mel Gaynor and Zak Starkeys (superextortionately priced Drum Workshop) drumkits... drool,

Britheguy---I thought you worked in 'Mikes famous chip shop' I must have got my batters mixed up.

as for gigs wi you guys, I would rather we support you so we don't have to take so much gear,and we can relax and watch you guys over a pint or 2 and we wouldn't have to set up and soundcheck first or organise PA and venue and posters tickets advertising etc...yeah bring on the 16again support slot how about fancy dress with a theme?.

what's this Biz? soundcheck, pa, tickets!!! It's a plug and play for us...real Rock an Roll. No fancy on stage monitors etc with us.....Welcome to the real world!!!!

Ska night looks good though;)

Guest F.A._FEEDER

Headless

he's got a punk attitude a tiny bass

it's a headless bass, tiny makes it sound like a pretend bass, i bought it for playing around john "i'm a star" bone at the conti on saturday afternoons. it's ace!

Hi Bri, it was a long time ago since the days of jamming along wi george and pedro!

i had an interesting read of biz's little rant. (glue sniffin biz, dont worry mate, 20 odd years down the line and i still think it fucked my brain, not that i ever inhaled of course!!) Biz's view isnt the view of all 16 again. i liked oasis and would like to hear some of their older songs played in a pub by a live band when i'm pished. Bri, keep doin what your doin cause you cant get enough live 'guitar' bands play the circuit, it beats listening to a backing track and a kareoke singer or two.

Terminal X

I'm Left Stranded sounds afa like 1-2-3 by The Professionals ,nice to hear some humour in lyrics for a change, and for the record I have NEVER worked in a chip shop,although I was a chef at The Waterside and a baker at Fine Fare.

We did a gig without monitors at a scooter rally,I do not fancy doing it again.

Like being able to see through a car windscreen when driving,hearing each other on stage is pretty high on the list of priorities if you don't want the musical equivalent of a car crash.

Clueless

it's a headless bass' date=' tiny makes it sound like a pretend bass, i bought it for playing around john "i'm a star" bone at the conti on saturday afternoons. it's ace!

Hi Bri, it was a long time ago since the days of jamming along wi george and pedro!

i had an interesting read of biz's little rant. (glue sniffin biz, dont worry mate, 20 odd years down the line and i still think it fucked my brain, not that i ever inhaled of course!!) Biz's view isnt the view of all 16 again. i liked oasis and would like to hear some of their older songs played in a pub by a live band when i'm pished. Bri, keep doin what your doin cause you cant get enough live 'guitar' bands play the circuit, it beats listening to a backing track and a kareoke singer or two.[/quote']

"it's a headless bass, tiny makes it sound like a pretend bass, i bought it for playing around john "i'm a star" bone at the conti on saturday afternoons. it's ace!"

Why did you buy a headless...no room onstage for another head onceJB was there as well?

"it was a long time ago since the days of jamming along wi george and pedro!"

I was talking to Willie last time I was home. He'sin Inverurie working in a fibreglass workshop. I've not seen G since he nearly killed me by showing off in his car!!!

NEWS FLASH

Biz doesn't think we practice enough (we don't). Not even accurate enough. A disgrace that we go out gigging. Drummer crap (that's me, by the way). Entitled to his opinion but is music not supposed to be fun? Should we feel guilty that we play local gigs? Not quite Wembley Arena but everyone has a good time and entry is free - no-one is forced to come and people can leave at any time they want.

I am not a professional musician. My music takes a back seat behind my kids and my job. Should that prohibit me from being in a band? Is fun proportional to talent? Seems a rather elitist postion to adopt.

Meanwhile, for those who like a good night out, even if musically compromised and less than perfect, come see the RED CORTINAS on SATURDAY 11th MARCH at PITFOUR ARMS, MINTLAW.

FA Feeder

I forgot to thank you...I didn't for one minute think that all 16 again thought like Biz. I've known him for years and am fully aware of his views regarding....well anythng really, and hey! it's got us 600+ hits, not bad for a bunch of old family geezers.

You going to the ska night?

Red Cortnas, the driving force of pub music!!!

QUOTE=David B]NEWS FLASH

Biz doesn't think we practice enough (we don't). Not even accurate enough. A disgrace that we go out gigging. Drummer crap (that's me, by the way). Entitled to his opinion but is music not supposed to be fun? Should we feel guilty that we play local gigs? Not quite Wembley Arena but everyone has a good time and entry is free - no-one is forced to come and people can leave at any time they want.

I am not a professional musician. My music takes a back seat behind my kids and my job. Should that prohibit me from being in a band? Is fun proportional to talent? Seems a rather elitist postion to adopt.

Meanwhile, for those who like a good night out, even if musically compromised and less than perfect, come see the RED CORTINAS on SATURDAY 11th MARCH at PITFOUR ARMS, MINTLAW.