aberdeen-music

Why don't you go for a POGO??

britheguy

this thread is getting oot o hand, i only wanted to get rid of ma wah wah pedal:(

stop putting yerselves down, i would take the opinion of the 30 odd folk up dancing at yer last gig before a drummer that hasn't seen you in probably 10 years.

you have to play what the public want or else they won't come to see you

i'll come along on saturday and decide for myself, as long as you don't play any pink floyd/ccr/free/mamas got a squeeze box or get mr bordley up at half time.

oh the good old days,

rollin,rollin,rollin blahblahfuckin blahblah

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My, that is a name from the past. What was that song he sung, something about being all dressed up in blue? Now that was pushing the limits of taste.

As for the wah...I'll discuss with you later, as I've got a plan so cuning, you could put a tail on it and call it a fox.

I'm still tryng to get transport lined up for the ska gig. I would drive but I fancy a beer or two so that I'm in top form to give Biz a piece of my mind when I see him.

What is the model of your 4x12 cab?

Oh dear...seems like we have been here before...

"Boo Hoo Hooo you said our band are nae very good,so we will turn up at your gig and heckle"....ACE, I have been through this a million times ,bring on the heckling,I do not mind ,as I said, if it puts bums on seats and the audience enjoy themselves GREAT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ghost Of Fudge

a new feature for the fanzine! it could replace rock tests... cock tests!

They could take turns to whap each other around the head with their wallopers,I would pay £2 to see this at a Fudge night.

Whilst we are being childish, we could hae a see who can pee furthest up the wall,or even a game of knuckley,using cocks instead of knuckles,first to get a stiffy is loser and gets a Chinese burn...on their cock.

Seriously... I think we should have them get their cocks out, and the one with the biggest gets some sort of prize,like a big fat wet kiss, right on the end of the helmet, by the loser,that way they both get some sort of a prize,and neither is really a loser ,unless of course the WINNER doesn't have a good wash,mind you, with a Jacobs cream cracker it might taste ok. Yeah, I might even stretch as far as £2.50 to see this,and if you can get girl band members to do a Janet test I might go as far as £3.00,but only if they fire ping pong balls and either smoke a tab or play a flute.

Brian... I can see a great wee earner here,let's go to Bangkok and get some recruits,a few months training them on guitars and drums may be needed, but I'm sure they will put on a great International It's a Cockout event for our delectation.

How about Celebrity Cockout...where they manipulate their genitals to look like celebrities,a bit like Puppetry of the penis,just more imaginative,they could even make little specs or shades and grow their pubes to look like say... Robs beard or Johnnys sideburns,the winner gets their 15 foot high knobend picture on local billboards and an interview on Grampian TV by some bint who looks less tasty in real life.

Fit yi bumping yer gums at noo?

"Boo Hoo Hooo you said our band are nae very good,so we will turn up at your gig and heckle"....ACE, I have been through this a million times ,bring on the heckling,I do not mind ,as I said, if it puts bums on seats and the audience enjoy themselves GREAT.

"Boo Hoo Hooo you said our band are nae very good,so we will turn up at your gig and heckle"

Not sure where you got the above quote from, did you pluck it from the atmosphere on planet BillymoTama1?

I certainly won't be heckling any band, I'll be there to listen to the bands etc. I'll tell what though Willie, your giving me a right laugh.

He ran away crying!

i153863781_55198.jpg

or is that a wee bit o false advertising?

As you can see in the pic. the guy on the right was the sax player you just can't see his sax (bad pix), but he was shite so we punted him. We have standards to keep down you know.:up:

I don't know who the chav is though!

I 've got a black belt in cooking...

Kill ye with one chop.

I would drive but I fancy a beer or two so that I'm in top form to give Biz a piece of my mind when I see him.

QUOTE]

Yesterday 21:57

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks, save your mind for learning how to use all those guitars and pedals.

If you can't handle HONEST OPINIONS, why put yourself through the torture of putting yourself on a pedestal - or stage?.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWS FLASH

Meanwhile, for those who like a good night out, even if musically compromised and less than perfect, come see the RED CORTINAS on SATURDAY 11th MARCH at PITFOUR ARMS, MINTLAW.

Biz doesn't think we practice enough (we don't). Not even accurate enough. A disgrace that we go out gigging. Drummer crap (that's me, by the way)."

You guys are a hoot,you are not exactly giving a positive view of yourselves,constantly putting words in my mouth that I never even thought,let alone said or wrote.

I hope you have gained a wee bit o support for the next gig,the mealies fair ken how to hae a guid time,but I doubt if anyone from Aberdeen will book a room at the Hotel or stay sober for the long drive back after your numerous negative comments regarding your performances.

Please don't think you are being singled out,I have advised many bands to rehearse more,and sure enough 6 months later they come back better than ever,simply because I had the balls to tell them what everyone was saying behind their backs.

Except I was a tad more polite than your average drunk punter .

Good luck for 2006 ,can't wait to get together for a gig,fit aboot Scottish Week doon The Lido?,get power fae the Heritage place or use a small generator,we did it heaps o times,great fun wi a carry oot,I can almost smell the kipper Bar B Q fae here.

Far's Pedro? I hivnae seen him or George ,Keith Watson or Zoggers- (thank fuck)

Peterheids best bass player -in his ain heid) for years.

Yawn!

Stll not sure where you are getting the quotes from Biz.

As for a gig...you're the guy wth the contacts in the big city. I'm sure you could fix something.

As for the rest of the guys you mentioned....I don't know. saw Zoggers a couple of month ago at one of our ggs. He's making musc for putting on the www . Keith is in ABZ still playing, Pedro is stll fishing aff the breakie, George was last seen dsappearing up his own arse!

Promoter needed

Stll not sure where you are getting the quotes from Biz.

As for a gig...you're the guy wth the contacts in the big city. I'm sure you could fix something.

I got the quotes from you and your band members earlier in the thread.

I am having a break from promoting after the Ska gig' date='but will accept offers for support slots via the 16again site cheers Biz.

[url']www.16again.co.uk

Many talents

It's the kill ye with a chop thingy

So you are a promoter, I didn't know this, I thought you just knew folk.:up:

Talking about old faces, where's Rck (Pi-ching) O'Shea at these days.

BTW, I don't think we are beng singled out, remember I've known you for years, and I've never listened to you before. Have I?

I met Rick ( kerching ) O'shay last year in the peternapper..i was led to believe he was dj'ing in spain somewhere with a listening audience of around 1.5 million..i suspect that maybe that could have been 1.5 people..but i'm just guessing.

I saw the Ped'ster last week in the above mentioned peternapper and he seemed to be in a similar state to which he was when i last saw him bout 10 years ago..

See ya's on the 11th

Rick O Shay

I went to Tenerife and did some radio stuff with him,he was the station manager and did the lunchtime shows on a popular station with plenty advertisers,he offered me work,but I can't stand the heat,been there 3 times,but prefer chilly Aberdeen,I visited his ex Linda,she has a really nice flat and a cute wee dog.

Aint smelt Pedro for years,I used to roadie for him,Bruce and Dirty they were called Anthem.then New Anthem and used to play The Royal Hotel and West End back in Dodos Day.

Anthem

Bloody hell! Seen them playng in the West End years ago when Dodo had it. I was working behind the bar. When they finished their first song, a guy named Glenn and stayed in a hoose across from the putting green, I think he works in ABZ doing IT work, shouted 'snapper', to which dodo's wife shouted something like...I wish they would snapa string, they're shite. Totally on called for I thought. Rumour has it that Dirty went to play session work in the states, but ended up dong plumbing or something like that.

I still have his old Big Muff pedal kicking about somewhere, which was 'gifted' to me by George Cameron when i 'left' The Deed.

BTW, I heard FA Feeder stuck up for me when he heard of my demise....Cheers Dave

I heard Rick was in Spain, nice one. Tell him I'm asking about him the next time you see him.

Good time Mealies or City Musos

Biz. It looks like your point about mealies liking a good time has been proven to be correct. Yesterday I went to see a local pub covers band play in Peterhead. I went with an open mind due to hearing both good and bad reports (as you do) about them. It transpired that they played several genres of music (no punk though) with various levels of authenticity from near enough bang on, through to barely plausible renditions of the original material. The venue as packed, and the crowd seemed to be enjoying the bands performance and applauded and cheered etc after each song.

This got me thinking about some things such as;

Is it only City Musos that will go to see bands and pick holes in the bands performance? Which IMO is pretty hard and sad work indeed.

Or

Do the general public only expect Punk music to be played to a professional standard? I think not, as the people I saw yesterday seemed to be enjoying the bands endeavours.

Im sure like me you have several live recordings, punk or otherwise, in your collection try listening to them again and Im sure your expert ears will pick up two things.

Firstly the band themselves can sometimes barely play their songs to their original studio recording, and secondly, the crowd still cheers etc after the aforementioned song is finished. My, what a thick audience they must be to pay money to hear a band which cant play a spot on version of their own record.

I hope to see aka Ska on the 9th.

Cheers.

aye...

Billy Kidd was also the drummer in Pete Pinheads school band- The Delinquents.

Brian- why not go doon to The Moorings on a Sunday night for the Jam sesh ?

All the gear is set up and ready to play,you can jam with strangers or play with chums,and they have a great PA and onstage monitors .

Guest F.A._FEEDER

Kidd......john kidd

Wow..Alice Shad..wasn't the drummer fae mintlaw..sure his last name was Kidd.

That'll be john kidd.

I played bass with him in a covers band years ago called WARP.

Alice Shad in Mintlaw? I remember taking the bus out to Mintlaw to see them. Support band called Fair Warning. Think Steve Mowat on guitar, his brother on vocals. Murray Ross on bass, I think. Great night. Fair Warning played UFO, Purple etc. Played Overkill by Motorhead but drummer lost his speed on the bass drums by the end of the song. Had to pay to get in. Loads of Peterheeders in the school playground before the gig, looking for Magic Mushrooms (now Class C under Misuse of Drugs Act - recent development all you legal watchers).

Clear Roads

Well folks, the roads to the Pitfour Arms Hotel Mintlaw, that well known hub of the NE music scene, have been cleared of snow.

So the show is on. The doors are open at 9ish, and the band will be on at around 9.30 til late. The last time we played we played for around 2.5 hours with a short break and 45 songs.

So ,as there is no door charge, that makes for a pretty music filled night...all for the cost of a few beers to yourself.

The set will be mostly punk, with a few rock/mod classics thrown in for good measure.

There will be an area in front of the stage for pogoing/moshing whatever, but please try and not do what happened at the last gig....people falling over the monitor/mike stand.

We are looking forward to seeing new and old fans of the band;)