aberdeen-music

Help : Ebay issues

JaseyBoi

Ma missus bought my nephew a psp handheld from ebay for 170 so we send the paypal payment receive the PSP but its Feekin japanese says on the box For use in japan only so i contact her stating it didnt say this in her ebay advert.. she replies back ohhh sorry just simply cut the japanese plug off it and replace it with a 13amp UK standard plug ??????????????????????????????/ surely no feekin way is it as simple as this... as far as im aware we have electrical current dfrences have we not... surely if it was as easy as this everyone would buy everyhting from japan and the like as uk prices are higher....

Anyway i emailed her i await another reply is there anything i can do about this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8240454880&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

Is her ad on ebay and says no where its japanese software/Hardware even tells you to vivit the PSP Homepage which is not japanese..

What if in fact anything can i do about this .....

HELP (with the problem not my grammar):love:

Guest DustyDeviada

Having looked at her advert I don't think you have any comeback.

She didn't claim to be seeling a UK PSP, she just claimed to be selling an unopened PSP, and that's what you got.

As I mentioned earlier, you'll be able to use it no problem and you can download an English manual and stuff, but don't think there's any chance of you getting a refund.

she replies back ohhh sorry just simply cut the japanese plug off it and replace it with a 13amp UK standard plug ??????????????????????????????/ surely no feekin way is it as simple as this... as far as im aware we have electrical current dfrences have we not...

Yup, Japan, like America, has a 110 volt supply. You might get a brief fireworks display if you follow her advice, but that's about it.

Now don't sue me if I'm wrong here, but I thought the PSP AC adapter worked worldwide, rated 100 - 240v so it should work without a converter.

Also, the machine itself (and the games) are region-free, so there should be no problem there. UMDs are region-coded but Japan is Region 2 just like we are, so you should be fine I think.

Guest DustyDeviada

From the FAQ I linked to above:

Will I need a stepdown transformer to charge the PSP in the UK, as the voltage is different in other countries?

No, you don't. The PSP charger unit is able to switch voltage. You can either buy a shaver adaptor plug and use the supplied lead or use a standard figure 8 style power lead. (The same as your Sky Box, XBox, PS2, Portable Boom box...etc... etc...)

Now don't sue me if I'm wrong here' date=' but I thought the PSP AC adapter worked worldwide, rated 100 - 240v so it should work without a converter.

Also, the machine itself (and the games) are region-free, so there should be no problem there. UMDs are region-coded but Japan is Region 2 just like we are, so you should be fine I think.[/quote']

It seems you're right, 100-240V and 50/60 Hz.

Guest DustyDeviada
The plug has two parts .. It works with a PS2 Plug (Like the one u get for CD players and shit the one with two holes)

As I mentioned above, a "figure of 8" lead.

If you don't have one you can probably get one from Maplins for a couple of quid.

as has been said before use a figure of 8 lead, i'm using a spare PS2 lead i had for my PSP power supply, house still in one peice, hell the electric never even went out. There will be the option of having the text on the psp in english, the only thing the intended owner will have to get used to is using o instead of x for confirming selections.

Guest DustyDeviada
as has been said before use a kettle lead' date=' [/quote']

Don't mean to be a pedant, but I've never seen a kettle use one of these leads. i always thought a kettle lead was one of the leads you use on kettles/PCs/guitar amps.

Just trying to be helpful in case he buys a "kettle" lead and then finds out that it's miles too big for the PSP.

Don't mean to be a pedant' date=' but I've never seen a kettle use one of these leads. i always thought a kettle lead was one of the leads you use on kettles/PCs/guitar amps.

Just trying to be helpful in case he buys a "kettle" lead and then finds out that it's miles too big for the PSP.[/quote']

yeah sorry my bad, going into desktop mode there

Ma missus bought my nephew a psp handheld from ebay for 170 so we send the paypal payment receive the PSP but its Feekin japanese says on the box For use in japan only so i contact her stating it didnt say this in her ebay advert.. she replies back ohhh sorry just simply cut the japanese plug off it and replace it with a 13amp UK standard plug ??????????????????????????????/ surely no feekin way is it as simple as this... as far as im aware we have electrical current dfrences have we not... surely if it was as easy as this everyone would buy everyhting from japan and the like as uk prices are higher....

Anyway i emailed her i await another reply is there anything i can do about this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8240454880&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

Is her ad on ebay and says no where its japanese software/Hardware even tells you to vivit the PSP Homepage which is not japanese..

What if in fact anything can i do about this .....

HELP (with the problem not my grammar):love:

You must still have her address' date=' right?

If so, hire a van, take ten of your mates with you, the Japanese PSP and go over to her house and "ask" for a refund nicely, since she has just ripped you off. Make a nice wee holiday out of it. The look on her face would be worth it alone.

I fucking hate Ebay fraudsters.

Although that Xbox 360 picture is pretty amusing - it just goes to show [i']you should always read the small print.....

Guest DustyDeviada
You must still have her address' date=' right?

If so, hire a van, take ten of your mates with you, the Japanese PSP and go over to her house and "ask" for a refund nicely, since she has just ripped you off. Make a nice wee holiday out of it. The look on her face would be worth it alone.

[/i']

Normally i would advocate this course of action - but I don't think there's been any rip off in thhis case.

The original poster obviously just didn't know enough about PSPs to ask whether it was a British one or not, but luckily for them the Japanese one is almost identical, no harm done.