aberdeen-music

are fudge ready for weapon...

Guest highroller

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by therandomblonde:

Jeez...i don't know what to say or who i agree with...

I'd say that Rob Karloff seems to be making the most sense... Out of all the (very few) people I've interacted with on this board, he seems to be one of an even smaller number that talks sense.

As for MMW's promotional style, I have to agree that it really does grate; the first few times it's okay, but constant "wow, we're shit hot" posts kind of begin to make me question whether or not they're trying to cover up something.

I listened to a couple of MP3s of the band, "In This Movie I Produce, I Act, I Direct" and "I Know That You Know", and whilst they may be early recordings, they weren't actually too badthey seemed pretty promising, if not particularly ground-breaking. But, taking into account their online anticsespecially posts like, "...i also couldve said New Found Power is a fucking n00b and that wouldve been better but i refrained....obviously havent got laid yet huh?? Jeez...oh well!! Im sure you'll find a life soon huh?"and I can say that I'd be pretty reluctant to go see them live.

There's showmanship which is all very well, but only on-stage, carry that persona off-stage, into a medium like this where subtle nuances of communication such as body-language and tone of voice don't exist, and you risk sounding like a total prick. Do we really need the tin-pot swagger?

Guest highroller

Thanks for your comments Sky (michael), They were very nice to be honest. If you like the music then come see us live...To be honest though i do feel that i must say that i have been in bands for ten years now and have made ALOT of friends, have alot of respect and have been thanked on loads of bands cd's, and not just under the quik banner either but as Ben! I have helped alot of people and given alot bands help etc...to be totally honest i know how to conduct myself and if people dont like that fine...im big enough and ugly enough to make my own mistakes...im not some wet behind the ears kid...Of course it was my comments that were picked up on again...I cant help thinking Michael that maybe its bacause of someone we both know that favoured me over you....just a thought!!

Guest stuartmaxwell

i hope i can block out this thread when i watch this gig on thursday, i do not want these inane, scribbled ramblings running through my head as i listen

Guest stuartmaxwell

it shall be busy, i have spoken to a lot of people who are going

plus its the euans first gig in months and their fanbase will no doubt be out in their masses

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

Of course it was my comments that were picked up on again...I cant help thinking Michael that maybe its bacause of someone we both know that favoured me over you....just a thought!!

If you're referring to Claire, then your thoughts on this matter would be wrong. She's a nice kid, but I have no interest in playing popularity games. She naturally "favoured" you over meyou were her boyfriend after all. And if you're implying what I think you are, then you're wrong again: I have no interest in her in that respect, she's too young.

I don't appreciate your attempt to render my arguments invalid by trying to imply that they were motivated by personal malice and pettiness. For the record, I have no quarrel with you, andbar your incessant "DEESC" and "n00b"I happen to think that you may, actually, be an all right guy.

The reason you were singled-out was because I felt that, of all the comments on this thread, your "get laid" remark was the most childish and pointless; though Jamesy's "nobody understands us" teen-goth schtick came a very close second. Comments like those really detract from any desire I may otherwise have had to go an see MMW play.

I happen to be of the opinion that MMW are one of the better bands within the local "scene". But I think you guys really need to realise that, whilst you may be good, you're not God; and that your seeming arrogance and Jamesy's "nobody understands us" (subtext: we're too complex and deep for you alltoo avant-garde) elitism really make it hard to justify spending money to go see you play.

Originally posted by Camie:

Im gonna anger a few people and say that judging by the song on fudge cd that eric euan did they shouldnt have won best band. Thats only judging by song though. Looking forward tos eeing them anyway.

P.sThe fanzines werent there at drakes on saturday when I came to buy off you! Where were they Brian.

err, well, hmm, yes... soon. promise :D

tonight! if i remember to look them out. ahem.

Guest Hendrix

I like this Sky guy, he managed to make Ben shut up anyway...

Although I don't really know anyone in this thread, Rob Karloff seemed to be the only person speaking sense...

I have no opinion of My Mind's Weapon yet as I have not heard them, although I have been slightly offput by the way the members conduct themselves on here, I'm browsing through the site and plan to write a couple of short reviews for the songs... Possibly be helpful...

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Re: Re: Re: are fudge ready for weapon...

Originally posted by jamesy weapon:

Not that we're arrogant, but I think you're all totally naive as to what we're all about these days, bu you'll see, you'll all see...

what? you've changed your style already? i thought you had only been gigging for a few months

Guest highroller

Re: Re: Re: Re: are fudge ready for weapon...

Originally posted by Tam o' Shantie:

what? you've changed your style already? i thought you had only been gigging for a few months

Just in answer to your query Tom....

We have been a band since April last year...albeit in a different incarnation slightly...we then started gigging a few months after that and played our last show in November of last year and went through 3 different drummers etc...We came back on the scene on March the 22nd which was the Moshulu gig that Adam was at....

In the time we were away we obviously worked more as a band on writing as opposed to them being songs that Jamesy had written for a while and of course jamesy, Dan And alex all combined to come up with the new songs we have...Nick is also very good at arrangement ideas (as most drummers seem to be!) You can tell its the same band but i'd say that its progressed from melodic hard core to full on metal-core while still retaining melody..

why dont you just see us man....