aberdeen-music

are fudge ready for weapon...

Guest highroller

Im gonna anger a few people and say that judging by the song on fudge cd that eric euan did they shouldnt have won best band. Thats only judging by song though. Looking forward tos eeing them anyway.

P.sThe fanzines werent there at drakes on saturday when I came to buy off you! Where were they Brian.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell

eric euans recorded stuff is absolutely nothing on the live performance

"stunning" is a word i would use

so melodic and crunchy it hurts, so poweful i bleed

Guest alex.

Wirelessly posted (Nokia3510i/1.0 (04.01) Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0 UP.Link/5.1.1a)

Originally posted by Camie

Yeh I thats why I cant wait for fudge night to see how good eric euan are.

By the way Orwell should've won best newcomers not Weapon! :p

Who won best newcomer again?

king liar and the brutes won (who??) also, what was the need for that little jibe, camie? fine promoter you're going to be...

Re: Re: Re: are fudge ready for weapon...

Originally posted by'Paulscoconutass:' Via Jamsey Weapon

The Weapon rock my world...baybee...I mean...yer ma has big boobies..

^ I dont get it..... ^

The last time the weapon did this before a gig, it was the only thing that stopped you guy's from being appreciated for the hard work you'd obviously put in to it. I dont understand why you'd want to build the band up again and risk ruining another good performance because the crowd are expecting an international superband that are going to 'smoke/blow away/whatever' two other bands.

Guest WalkingOnGlass

I think Camie was just having a little joke...

First things first, it's spelt Jamesy, not Jamsey...

What exactly have we done you moron? Ben started a thread in jest that you decided to get involved in, in your predictable smart-ass manner, so I replied in a similiar vein...We haven't 'Over-Hyped' the gig, or said that we're gonna 'smoke/blow away/whatever' anyone, we're all big fans of We Become Less and I'm sure Eric Euan are going to be awesome, get a grip and stop trying to make us look like cunts and cause trouble like a 12 year old kid, oh, and even if we did give people that impression, we dont give a shit, we're not doin it for the respect of the scenesters or to be 'cool' like most of the kids in bands on these boards, we're in it because WE believe in it, because WE love doing it...If people enjoy what we do, then that's awesome, and we're 110% appreciative of people who want to come along and see our shitty little band jump around like mo'fo's on a rock star trip, but we're not in My Mind's Weapon to have our ass-kissed, so fuck you, and fuck your scene.

Guest highroller

r.e.a.d.

Have we said once that we are going to "smoke,blow away" any of the other bands??? Well have we??

The only people that try and cause problems are the people that stir things up...For a start ive never ever seen Eric Euan and dont have a clue what they are like...thye could be Norweigan black metal for all I know or Floridian Death Metal (now taht would be cool...??) Anyway, and we are all really stoked to be playing with WBL because thjey are the only other band doing the kind of thing weapon are...there really is ALOT of respect for WBL in this band...with every member, bar Nick, owning WBL cd's...I listen to mine about once a fortnite.

of course we want people to go away from the gig thinking "Wow, weapon were band of the nite for me!" Who doesnt want that for their band...and at our fifth gig we had alot of people say we were band of the nite...its really nice to get that because ill tell you what, we work very hard, ask ANYONE who has worked with us or even just sat in on a practice (Murray,Gumpy,Claire...)

Jamesy was having a laugh with that post earlier on in the thread...what the fuck is wrong with that??

Im not going to apologise for being in a fuckin GREAT band...yeah, I said that..here it is again: WE ARE A FUCKING GREAT BAND!!! Quote me if you want. Whats the fucking point in going "yeah come see...err lets say Last Time Perfect" and someone goes "why should I?" is your reply: "oh cos we are ok!" Come on!!!

Its not like we have gone on the wasteland this time and gone (which we NEVER DID ANYWAY) "come see the best band you will EVER see, no-one is gonna stand a chance blah blah...."

Im sick fed up of having to defend me and the weapon boys being proud of our band...you know what, if we were shit none of you would give a fuck!!

I know jamesy has replied but I wanted to say my bit. I've held back on this but I could say some things that would really make shit hit the fan but ive made my point....

Guest tv tanned
Originally posted by alex.:

Wirelessly posted (Nokia3510i/1.0 (04.01) Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0 UP.Link/5.1.1a)

king liar and the brutes won (who??) also, what was the need for that little jibe, camie? fine promoter you're going to be...

there was no need for THAT little jibe either. Try going to watch bands eh?

See, this is what puzzles me about the MMW collective.

A few people object to the way you present your band, and you jump on them and basically tell them not to take it seriously, or that you'll do whatever the hell you want. Seems to go against the whole "customer is always right" ethos to me...

I know most of you personally well enough, hence to me it's no real biggie, but that's not to say it doesn't still irritate me a little. Whether in jest or not, it still sounds like unnecessary self-importance, and that's not a good way to promote your band or yourselves. If you believe in what you're doing and do it well, the performance will say all you ever could, and the audience will do the trumpeteering for you!

Bottom line is, if it annoys the very people you'd like to persuade to come and see you perform, then it's negative promotion. No matter what the original intention! You can't dictate to people how they *should* perceive what you write, you just have to accept how they might interpret it and work around that. Intregue and good reviews entice people to be more open minded and attend new shows, not tongue-in-cheek hype and bluster or backlash.

Just my twa cents, ok? Take it or leave it :)

Guest highroller

ill take it Rob, for sure....But...you have to admit that this band are scrutinised more than others...why? The people in the band is my guess...I dunno...

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

ill take it Rob, for sure....But...you have to admit that this band are scrutinised more than others...why? The people in the band is my guess...I dunno...

No! It's not like it was a problem when you were all in your separate bands now, was it?!

My perception is that people are ready to take a pop over your individual changes in character since forming the band, and your collective attitude and method of self promotion. Nothing more! Just in the same way that Kris has been beleagured of late... It's not that people suddenly think more or less of AW, it's that they dislike his approach to them.

Like I say, keep putting in the effort and the shows, advertise but don't saturate and irritate, and people will change their views on you all. Bands get far by being exceptional at what they do, playing but not overplaying, and letting the music talk for itself. Liber8 did exactly that, and it's only because Kris has chosen to be so vocal and seemingly controversial of late that they've attracted such negative views. Maybe he means it all in jest as you guys claim to, but that excuse doesn't stop people from being annoyed and changing how they see you.

Rocket science, it isn't!

Guest highroller

I wouldnt say we are over saturating the promotion though...

come on dude...I have loads of shit when quik were a much talked about band...as did jamesy in point...I just think ambition, self belief and confidence are now dubbed arrogance and self importance...they are very different things...

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

I just think ambition, self belief and confidence are now dubbed arrogance and self importance...they are very different things...

Ok, but that's a fine line you choose to walk! The difference between them and how they are interpreted is largely down to body language and expression, things that are not seen in the written form!

Ambition and all those positive traits are good to have, but they won't get people along to gigs or force them into having a good impression of you or your band. The best acts choose not to push those traits for this very reason! Sell the music, not your personal character traits ;)

Guest alex.
Originally posted by tv tanned:

there was no need for THAT little jibe either. Try going to watch bands eh?

touch.

however the "go watch bands" thing i think's a little rich. have you seen weapon? as a matter of fact, have you seen 80% of the bands that say, have a message board on here? have you seen any local bands you're not mates with? out of the 14 with forums, i've only not seen 1 - orwell.

(i'm just asking, not accusing :))

Guest tv tanned

I admit I'm not the best with gig attendance, but I'm a v. busy man of late. I will see Weapon someday though. Maybe on the 11th, who knows?

I've seen 8 of the bands with boards.

Two I do not wish to see as I have listened to their MP3s and was unimpressed, and a couple have only ever clashed with other arrangements.

Originally posted by alex.:

I'm not a massive fan of KL&TB, but having seen the way voting went they kicked MMW's proverbial ass in terms of votes cast. They came like third or something in Best Band too. Sorry.

Guest alex.

totally...however, as you've said, it's to do with who goes to fudge gigs that voted. heaps of the people are more into that whole "raucous rock and roll" vibe or whatever than whatever it is weapon are classed as...

doesn't help - for weapon - that people that might like weapon are at school etc, and fudge gigs are during the week...not that it's a proper good reason, but you know where i'm coming from..?

Guest stuartmaxwell

i cant believe people are going on about the fudge awards as an indicator of who is best

eric euan and klatb won because more people voted. end of

its only an award and im sure there will be plenty more oppportunities for weapon etc to win one

Guest highroller

To be fair Chris...alex. does have a point though...Fudge do very much have a "type" of band and a certain "crowd" and you cannot say thats not the truth...

Its not that alex. and i care much to be honest because I used to care about the fudge awrds a couple of years ago but i aint been in two years and I dont give a rats ass...I would love to play the awards because of the crowd but I really thought id enjoy it...hence i bought a table! I just woke up and realised..."nah..i'd hate it!" We do care enough though to stand up for our band which is why we have replied...regardless of it being about the fudge awards or not...

Guest highroller

haha maxwell...i think its great that bands get the recognition...i was first to say to Dan when i saw him "congrats for the atom awards" but what does it do for ya...nothing...its all just a bit of fun isnt it?? The reason i didnt go is because of the high presence of people who really actually dont give a fuck about bands and music...

Guest WalkingOnGlass

I don't know why the Fudge awards was brought into this, it might give people the impression that we actually care, when really it's totally irrelevant. We've never played a Fudge gig to date, we'd only played 4 gigs in all, King Liar got more votes, big deal, good on them, well done. End of.