aberdeen-music

Beecher (Earache Records), Architects (IATDE), Allergo, TFOBK, Evacuating Heaven 6/12

kirkt

also the best performance from evacuating heaven i have seen. much tighter and clearer than before. the vocals sound great. a lot of potential there (bearing in mind they are very young), recruiting a bass player may not be very "grind" but i think it would help them

although, the last song sounded piss poor.

neale needs to sort out that guitar sound very quickly, buy a decent distortion pedal with a pre amp in it (hughes and kettner warp factor) and your volumes were all over the place

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the sound was fine for the Architects (my band of the night - they were awesome!) but Beecher bizarrely sounded quieter than them for some reason. They were still well decent though and Today We Fight are consistently ace. Pity there wasn't more people to see them.

Guest Page 99
While one the helpful comments any tips drumwise anything i need to sort out ?

Looking into getting triggers for a start.

You being serious about that?

Anyway, yeah our guitar tone has always been a bit of a problem, but we're fucking off for a few months to start writing/practising new material, and also sorting out all our equipment, so when we return in the new year everything should be just peachy, and loud.

blasts are great

could work on general rythmn though' date=' i.e. less forced and more flowing, more cymbal, perhaps your arms are rigid from so much blasts :D[/quote']

Aye well thats it nae really had to time to practise at home with work n all that jazz but as Stu has just said we will make it flow like a gentle stream down the graveyard while necrophiles eat each other out to the sounds of cannibal corpse hahahahaha

beechers guitars were too quiet, not sure what to make of them. still liking their tunes tho

architects were ace, guitarist on the right, tech as fuck!

allergo were spot on, motion and matt full o laughs all night!

today we fight aren't really my thing and i didn't think their guitar was loud enough either

evacuating heaven could be good, i think everyone else has covered why

most fun night i've had up in aberdeen so far i think :)

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Decent night. Missed Evac due to working late, but the camcorder picked up the footage perfectly so I'll soon be putting out an Evac/Spike split DVDR. They obviously spent a fair bit on recording too, great sound on the sampler, top notch.

The other bands were OK, decent live but not really my cup of milk and one.

Aye well thats it nae really had to time to practise at home with work n all that jazz but as Stu has just said we will make it flow like a gentle stream down the graveyard while necrophiles eat each other out to the sounds of cannibal corpse hahahahaha

Haha! I was very impressed with Evacuating Heaven, there was an incredible amount of power onstage for the three guys especially considering the fact they kicked off the night and were supporting bands such as The Architects and Beecher.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Haha! I was very impressed with Evacuating Heaven' date=' there was an incredible amount of power onstage for the three guys especially considering the fact they kicked off the night and were supporting bands such as The Architects and Beecher.[/quote']

With the demise of Filthpact, that makes Evac best local band, I reckon. Mind you, I've yet to hear any of Thurisaz's other 57 bands.

Guest Page 99
With the demise of Filthpact' date=' that makes Evac best local band, I reckon. Mind you, I've yet to hear any of Thurisaz's other 57 bands.[/quote']

Haha. As flattering as that is mate, we still have a very long way to go as a band. A lot of work still needs done. If all goes to plan, we shall be a muchly improved unit by the next time we play live, with a full e.p., new songs and hopefully in much more confined spaces too.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Haha. As flattering as that is mate' date=' we still have a very long way to go as a band. A lot of work still needs done. If all goes to plan, we shall be a muchly improved unit by the next time we play live, with a full e.p., new songs and hopefully in much more confined spaces too.[/quote']

Oh aye, that's true, but there's already a hell of a lot of potential there. The 3-track sampler is probably my favourite ever local release. Keep it going. Just keep Neale off the sauce and you'll be fine!