aberdeen-music

Taste Of Chaos - We Want It Loud

Throwdown.Your.Life

well my flat is bigger than yours so :p

Your flat is like a fucking...what's something really fucking big? :p

even better if weapon won it twice in a row' date=' AND much better if you guys win it cause you will get upset by it and not take it like the joke that it is.[/quote']

weapon deserve it now, without a doubt. acension haven't done enough to be considered for worst band :p

Guest Gregor Ascension
are you afraid they will beat you to beat band like?....fat chance....you are ....ahem...shite.

in the immortal word of metallica: "better than you". care to explain what beat band is like? is that a new award or something?

i cant think of any aberdeen act in the last few years who have played to an audience that big in a show of that stature

the needles supported muse at the secc.

isn't it funny how the bands that work hardest over the years get the rewards and people hate them just cause they work hard at putting their name out like psycho ago go and my minds weapon. hard working bands who have acheived a helluva lot through it. so what if weapon paid for an advert in kerrang? you don't get adverts for free do you? and it's hardly going to be bad for them getting on a bill of internationally renowned bands in the same style of music as them.

not everyband is prepared to put the work in and hell most people just don't have the time or money to spare and sometimes it's just a conscious decision to take things a bit easier. i'm sure if every band in aberdeen worked as hard as the likes of my minds weapon then we'd be seeing a lot more aberdeen bands out on big tours and getting snapped up by record companies.

ascension should maybe turn the other cheek and just get their heads down and prove the detractors wrong.

the needles supported muse at the secc.

fair enough i never knew that' date=' fucking good on them! Im sure Driveblind have done big gigs as well i was just kinda generalising.

isn't it funny how the bands that work hardest over the years get the rewards and people hate them just cause they work hard at putting their name out like psycho ago go and my minds weapon. hard working bands who have acheived a helluva lot through it. so what if weapon paid for an advert in kerrang? you don't get adverts for free do you? and it's hardly going to be bad for them getting on a bill of internationally renowned bands in the same style of music as them.

not everyband is prepared to put the work in and hell most people just don't have the time or money to spare and sometimes it's just a conscious decision to take things a bit easier. i'm sure if every band in aberdeen worked as hard as the likes of my minds weapon then we'd be seeing a lot more aberdeen bands out on big tours and getting snapped up by record companies.

ascension should maybe turn the other cheek and just get their heads down and prove the detractors wrong.

so very very true.

But then what changes it has/is and will always be like this, some people just dont get it.

I tell you what the day assencion play to more that 50 of their own fans is the day Live 8 finally makes a difference................................ :D

I'm kinda disappointed that in the heat of the argument, people overlookd this gem of a quote:

Maybe we should glue on some emo fringes.

apart from that, very well done to the weapon boys for getting what is undoubtedly a great gig. it's been grasped through a combination of the own hard work and through putting a lot of thought into the business side of the band. they've made a lot of great contacts which is always a good start but what has always impressed me is the way that they follow up on these. They don't sit and wait for something to happen for them, they go out and make it happen themselves. Not everything they try works and not everyone likes them but that's to be expected.

as for the advert, if FeSTR ever had anything going on and I had the money for it, i'd have done exactly that and more. It seems like common sense to me.

/x

in the immortal word of metallica: "better than you". care to explain what beat band is like? is that a new award or something?

i can't believe i mis-spelt that!I must of spell checked it like a hundred times or somthing.

best band love, thats what i meant and you know it :) truth hurting now is it....need to comment on my spelling rather than come up with reasons why you are the better band?

Guest Gregor Ascension
i can't believe i mis-spelt that!I must of spell checked it like a hundred times or somthing.

best band love' date=' thats what i meant and you know it :) truth hurting now is it....need to comment on my spelling rather than come up with reasons why you are the better band?[/quote']

better band than who? no, im saying, what band are you in? that was the point, just pointing out the fact that you are a moron.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I heard Ascension and Spike Pile Driver were playing?

Comments like that don't do yourself or your rinky-dink pop outfit any favours, son. I wouldn't touch a gig like this with a fucking barge-pole, on principle. Playing to a bunch of angsty, middle-class brats doesn't really appeal. I can't speak for the Ascension guys, but a tenner says they would find the prospect equally nauseous.

We would rather go the DIY route. That means doing it yourselves, not using your money to try and sneak up the ladder and whore yourselves out to some record label. Sorry to burst your little bubble, but you're still waiting for a record deal. You'll be waiting a very long time, believe me.

There's not a smdgen of jealousy involved here, merely a half-smile at the mental picture of your musical career being spent on your knees in anticipation of the occasional glancing lick of the corporate cock. DIY all the fucking way, winning the moral high ground by a mile.

I'll have to stop here, I'm busy organising trades and getting our stuff out around the globe, doing things entirely off my own back, without resorting to the chequebook. We don't believe in shortcuts. Enjoy your little gig.

Closed.

Some people really need to get off their high horses regarding My Minds Weapon. You are like a bunch of 5 year olds. And yes, Jamesy makes digs too, but it's all about a bit of give and take eh boys?

Yes, you don't like them. Yes, you hate their music. Yes, you are hardcore and diy and love the crust punk (or whatever other subliminal sub genre tickles your balls).

So what if they want to push their band and become popular?... better than scraping the barrel in aberdeen, but if that's what you want to do with your band then awesome. Not everyone is the same.

:)