aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Neil

aberdeen-music sells out...

...well, not quite. This has been suggested as good way of marketing the web site and as it doesn't cost anything (aside from perhaps the web site's dignity) so I bit the bullet and joined the ranks of millions. Yep, aberdeen-music has a page on myspace.com. Knock yourselves out folks...

http://www.myspace.com/abdnmusic

...well' date=' not quite. This has been suggested as good way of marketing the web site and as it doesn't cost anything (aside from perhaps the web site's dignity) then I bit the bullet and joined the ranks of millions. Yep, aberdeen-music has a page on myspace.com. Knock yourselves out folks...

[url']http://www.myspace.com/abdnmusic

"aberdeen-music.com has 0 friends". Cutting.

abdnmusic is my friend now!

lol

what sorta stuff are you going to put on this neil?

ross

Thanks Ross. I have no idea what I'm going to put on it to be honest. Any ideas anyone?

who'd have thought aberdeen-music.com was a capricorn?

Yeah, or 24 years old.

Can someone please tell me how to hide that information? :)

Guest MDP

no fecking idea! put what aberdeen music is about, maybe get a music player with some aberdeens bands music on it??!! link it to everytthing aberdeen musicy (gcguide.co.uk ect...) erm.....and make a kick ass back ground...also find a music note cursor to use for the hell of it!

just don't fill out that info and it shouldn't appear.

Unfortunately, you have to specify a date of birth.

Then specify the date the website was created rather than your own birthdate if you can?

Now that's an idea. How the hell do I remember when aberdeen-music first hit the Internet. *scratches head*

Nah, doing that would give me something like 2003 because the forum software has been changed at least twice where all the posts and registered members were deleted.

The oldest version of the forums I've found is here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20021006133923/www.aberdeen-music.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Anyone remember those crazy days? :)

Guest pop-notmyface

Neil, you should put local promoters and venues in your top eight so that bands looking at the site know where to go for gigs and other related issues straight away. :)

Neil' date=' you should put local promoters and venues in your top eight so that bands looking at the site know where to go for gigs and other related issues straight away. :)[/quote']

Awesome idea. I'll do that once some venues and promoters want to be my friend. :)

In the mean time - the local bands go into the Top 8.

not to be confused with www.myspace.com/abmusic!!!!

This is a great idea Neil! Although now everyone will get requests from everyone they don't want on their friends list, and people will bother them on here about why they've been denied?! Or am I the only one who doesn't add everyone who adds me?

have you ever seen that woman...forbidden or something? that tries to add absolutely everyone, and has about a million comments saying "wow you're so hot"?

people that lie about their age on there are the worst though :D

Nah' date=' doing that would give me something like 2003 because the forum software has been changed at least twice where all the posts and registered members were deleted.

The oldest version of the forums I've found is here:

[url']http://web.archive.org/web/20021006133923/www.aberdeen-music.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Anyone remember those crazy days? :)

im happy cuz im one of the recent visitors on that page! YAY!

up the old skool :rockon: