aberdeen-music

aberdeen-music sells out...

Neil

Guest bluesxman
Yeah I'm the same' date=' except I'll add bands I like, but not ones I've never heard of. People are nuts, I can't believe the amount of "Friends" some people have.[/quote']

Maybe some people actually take the time to listen to the music on a previously unheard band's page and decide they like it. Which seems to be the point of My Space.....

Maybe some people actually take the time to listen to the music on a previously unheard band's page and decide they like it. Which seems to be the point of My Space.....

Bearing in mind I only joined myspace a couple of months ago, I went away for two days and when I came back I had no less than nine requests from bands I'd never heard of. I don't have time to listen to all those bands and then decide whether to add them or not?!

Fair enough, a myspace page is good publicity for bands but people just go to other people's pages, add all their friends, do the same to someone else and I just don't see the point.

Another thing that baffles me is some girl called Forbidden. I've seen her on people's pages who I know from Aberdeen, and people I know from Chicago!! Then I looked at her page and she clearly just adds everyone she sees. What's the point in that?

Personally I don't add people I don't know in a bid to keep out the ridiculous amount of bulletins some people seem intent on posting every day "omgz new pics lol" "check this out" "NO WAY" "FAO everyone" "have you seen this...." etc etc

Reading all this back makes me wonder why I'm on myspace at all.

have you ever seen that woman...forbidden or something? that tries to add absolutely everyone' date=' and has about a million comments saying "wow you're so hot"?

people that lie about their age on there are the worst though :D[/quote']

YES!! See my previous post. What on EARTH is she all about? And does she actually take those comments as compliments? I wouldn't ever seriously leave a comment on somebody's page saying "oh my god sweetie, you are just so deliciously hot. i'd love to meet you sexy!"

If someone said that to me I'd block them forever!! Very very odd. She literally must spend all day adding people. She probably doesn't have a job, she's probably a "model".

But she's ugly, that's the worst thing. All her pictures are really badly photoshopped, and to be fair, if she's spending that much time on myspace, chances are she won't have time to do anything else.

Of course, that's assuming the pictures are of her and not of say, a relative.

Guest bluesxman
oh' date=' you have so much to learn[/quote']

Please don't patronise me, it is a means of networking as far as i'm concerned. If some people choose to use it in an over the top way of getting their pictures online and have people falling over themselves to tell them how great they look then that's their decision, if I get a friend request from someone like that I delete it, simple. It is not difficult to be selective. If you can't be bothered dealing with the system why sign up to it?

And Princess Holly, you can set it up so bulletins don't come in as e-mail.

Fair enough' date=' a myspace page is good publicity for bands but people just go to other people's pages, add all their friends, do the same to someone else and I just don't see the point.

[/quote']

I agree, it's brilliant for bands, but most seem to using it as another "look at me I'm ace, please be my friend so I can look popular" site like Faceparty

I agree' date=' it's brilliant for bands, but most seem to using it as another "look at me I'm ace, please be my friend so I can look popular" site like Faceparty[/quote']

haha, faceparty, remember that?

that is so like 4 years ago.

LiveJournal is like so 2 years ago.

MySpace is like so the in thing....

what's next I wonder?

Guest tv tanned
Pfft..

meet? People?

I'm quite happy occasionally getting the odd familiar gaze when I'm out... yes' date=' you all must know it... the "I know who you are.... oh yes, and I know you know who I am... but we'll never talk" look.

It's like riding the dangerzone.[/quote']

pah, you love meeting me, just admit it and be done with it...