aberdeen-music

Cavern Records

ragudave

Originally posted by neil ex:

i think the guy that works there is funny.. if you get into a conversation with him, you end up leaving an hour later.

he's a nice guy though

yeah I was speaking to him for ages about...well he was talking...and I think he spoke about everything...twas cool. Good insight to the 80's.

Guest theskullkid

the first time i ever went in there was with my old man when i was a toddler, next time i went in i felt obliged to spend loads of money in there as the selection they had was amazing.

been there at least once a month ever since

Originally posted by neil ex:

i think the guy that works there is funny.. if you get into a conversation with him, you end up leaving an hour later.

he's a nice guy though

Mike is good fun - Jim and James are decent as well but a little quieter and less opinionated.... Generally you get discount if you become a regular or you are nice to them. Sometimes Mike has not heard of a band or sub sub genre I am looking for but not often... Mike is an expert on The Fall, Prog Rock, Krautrock, 60s r n r, acid jazz, left field hip hop, free jazz, Johnny Cash and the odd other genre or two:bat:

Dave

the cavern's a great wee shop but i think it's fair to say that it's on the pricier side of the tracks. however they do have some amazing records. if you can't see what you're after in there ask about it, they have a large amount of stock that's not out and if you ask them nicely they can fish it out of their warehouse for you. can take a while though as they're cataloguing a lot of it for the new shop.

incidentally if you like second hand vinyl, one up's section is worth a look if you're in town, we don't charge collectible price's on most things and as such the good stuff doesn't stay for long and the staff tend to have sharp eyes too. give it a look though when you're in and you'll probably find something worth forking out 4 for.