aberdeen-music

9 String Bassist?!?!?!?!?!?!

Teabags

Guest phoenix_down

its a pretty mental bass eh? i remeber hearing some of their stuff and his work was pretty impressive it has to be said lol. gotta love he pac man inlay though. i knew when i read the topic that it was gonna be about this guy...although his name eludes me just now.

Guest phoenix_down

nah its a Conklin im pretty sure...could be wrong though.

ah the old strings argument...well imo you need as much as you feel you can use reaslisticly. this guy can use all 9 and still make it work good. i however am perfectly happy with 4...i quite like 6 strings though but i cant see me upgrading to one anytime soon.

dare i ask, any idea what the tuning used on the 9 string monster is? just kinda curious,

reminds me of an advert i saw in total guitar many moons ago for this instrument which went from the lowest of bass strings all the way through to a normal guitar at the top on one neck, totally fretless, one fuckin fat neck and hunners of strings!!!

Guest phoenix_down

well i know 8 strings are tuned F#-B-E-A-D-G-C-F so i assume its just another higher or lower string depending on what he would have that particular one tuned to. and thats assumed hes using a standard tuneing for it as well.

Guest phoenix_down
Originally posted by Rass:

dare i ask, any idea what the tuning used on the 9 string monster is? just kinda curious,

reminds me of an advert i saw in total guitar many moons ago for this instrument which went from the lowest of bass strings all the way through to a normal guitar at the top on one neck, totally fretless, one fuckin fat neck and hunners of strings!!!

would that be a the chapman stick you are referring to (a two handed tapping instrument) i think that has that kinda range....although i dont know if they come in fretless

Originally posted by phoenix_down:

well i know 8 strings are tuned F#-B-E-A-D-G-C-F so i assume its just another higher or lower string depending on what he would have that particular one tuned to. and thats assumed hes using a standard tuneing for it as well.

It won't be a lower string, basic physics.