aberdeen-music

CD burning speeds

Guest MDP

There really shouldn't be a problem with cd players depending on the burn rate. Main thing to watch out for is that the faster you burn a cd the more chance there is of getting an error which will make the cd skip.

I usually burn at 8x(1,200kbps) and my cds pretty much always turn out fine.

Bailz.

There really shouldn't be a problem with cd players depending on the burn rate.

It's true though, there is... I have had this problem with cds burnt at 52X that would only work in certain players (only once, because since then I have burnt a lot slower). I consider 8X to be pretty much safe, and sometimes burn faster (up to 24X for audio). Data seems to be fine whatever speed you burn at.

That's just my experience, my advice would be to buy a decent cd player (preferably a standalone stacking system) :)

what speed should i burn cd's at so that they will play on any cd players? i heard somewhere that some cd players will only play cd's burnt at very low speeds..?

thanks

Its not only the burner, but the CD you use too, cheap CDs are ok, but generally speaking you get what you pay for.