aberdeen-music

Gigs in Aberdeen at last !

Red Day

Know I put this on as a reply, but it really isn't before time that our venues started to rock again.

About time the AECC started getting bands to Aberdeen. It's no wonder they're in such a mess when the extent of the what's on was a needlecraft exhibition and Disney on Ice.

Franz, Oasis and James Blunt all sold out. Just shows the Aberdeen public will support gigs if those in charge of the venues can be bothered to get their fingers out.

Let's get the Foo Fighters in December as well >>> :rockon:

I meant known bands. I do go to most venues and will happily watch any up and coming band. But it''s pretty good to get big bands heading for Aberdeen.

Maybe you think if they are big then they've 'sold out'

If that's what you meant for this thread - that it's good to see big bands heading for Aberdeen - then I couldn't agree more.

Just as a side note to this - anyone think that perhaps Moshulu putting on slightly bigger name gigs in Aberdeen on quite a regular basis has helped to get Aberdeen a bit more 'noticed' as it were by the bigger name bands/agents of the moment?

Moshulu is a very good venue and I hope it continues to attract bands. Maybe it needs to get a feature in the EE on a Thursday night to advertise what's coming. That said I don't think the EE shows much support to the cause.

And I did mean it's great to see more bands coming to the city.

Oh woopdy doo! FF, James Blunt and Oasis are comin to Aberdeen. I think Moshulu, Lemon Tree,Kef and even The Tunnels now should be getting alot more credit where credit is due.They have been putting on amazing bands for years and it's only when bands become "too big" to play any of these venues that we never see them again up in Aberdeen. Even the music hall has had Idlewild and Embrace playing in the last 12 months.

So three cheers and a round of applause to Ross, John Beverly and everyone else for booking top bands in Aberdeen.

Bring on Reel Big Fish :rockon:

Aberdeen do get the best up and coming bands IMO.

I recoginse what your sayin though.The likes of Lostprophets' date=' Muse, Foo Fighters etc should be attracted to Aberdeen instead of us having to travel to the central belt to see such bands.[/quote']

That's exactly what I mean and the bands you mention are the ones who could easily play here.

Too right! It's fantastic. No more train tickets down to glasgow! And I'd like to shove a pancake in NME's face, after that quote a while back; 'who the fuck plays gigs in Aberdeen?'

And hey, the little venues have been well in aswell. A possible Mr Doherty at the forum? Wicked. But there's only one gig I'm really looking forward to:

Bring on Reel Big Fish :rockon: