aberdeen-music

Popworld gets a new slot!!

PrincessHolly

From Popjustice:

Channel 4 youth music show Popworld will return to TV screens on September 17 in a new Saturday slot at 10.30am in a bid to broaden the audience for the flagship series.

Hosted by Simon Amstell and Miquita Oliver, At It-produced Popworld was a fixture on the Sunday morning schedule for more than four years

Popworld celebrates the world of pop with a mix of celebrity interviews, cutting-edge performances and entertainment trivia. As well as securing a new Saturday slot, Popworld also returns to E4 in September, while www.popworld.com will be refreshed to reflect the new weekend slot.

To celebrate the move, Popworld will also take over T4 for the day, with Amstell and Oliver at the helm.

The recently recorded Popworld: McFly Special, also made by At It Productions, will be screened on September 4, featuring performances of tracks from the band's new album.

Guests due to appear on Popworld in September include Sean Paul, Franz Ferdinand, McFly, Jamie Cullum, Audio Bullys and Hard Fi.

Meanwhile, At It has also produced two documentaries on Robbie Williams and Franz Ferdinand, which as yet have not been given screening dates.

YUS!!!!

i'm fucking pissed off at this...

i changed my hours at work so i had sunday mornings off, and i work on saturdays, fucking fucks at channel 4.

it's gonna be up against cd:uk isn't it? that's just stupid, especially now that they've roped lauren laverne in - it was just gonna get good, obviously popworld will still be better, but surely the nation deserves the chance to watch both without having to rely on satalitte or late night repeats.

• 2 weeks later...