aberdeen-music

D.S. vs PSP

Emilio Largo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone goin on about the PSP's game range? I have seen about 10 games for it. meanwhile the DS is gonna have OVER 50 GAMES by the end of this year. A lot of them are decent games aswell' date=' yet to find an original good PSP game...do they exist? Oh yeah, and sony? next time try and make a GOOD first party game or an original third party one. all these re-makes are old, and lame. :cheers:[/quote']

Currently the ds title list goes upto 95 worldwide

My mate got a PSP this morning and it blows the DS away. Definately a very high quality product in all areas

Nintendo have always offered different ideas, something new for the gamer to keep him/her more keen on the product. Sony with the psp on the other hand have not. This will make the psp lifespan somewhat limited with its lack of originality.

I'm sick a tired of companies porting games/updating older games and being stale for originality. Nintendo have always tried to do new and exciting ideas.

The Revolution. Thats its codename at least' date=' will prob change cos thats what Nintendo do :D It's meant to have the grooviest controller ever. but its not half as powerful as the 360 or PS3 but its backwards compatible with all the previous nintendo consoles (dunno about the handhelds though)

Note: I cant help being all "grr" to the other consoles, I'm a Nintendo fan and have been since as long as I can remember. Brought up to love Ninty! :D[/quote']

That nintendo revolution would be amazing. I think its out in japan. Its like having a complete history of nintendo all in one console! What a great idea that is. That's all i know about it.

With luck, it will just be like all the previous handhelds and flop after a few weeks/months

Nintendo have always dominated the handheld market, I dont think they will take this fight lying down like what happend with the gamecube.

(anyone else noticed that DS and PSP are more talked about than Xbox360 and PS3? I havnt really heard any of the usual slagging "the 360 sucks, PS3 rules" or vice versa...queer that)

back to topic:

PSP wins by a long shot. I've had one for almost 3 months now and they ARE the shit.

My only suggestion would be a battery expansion or something, any extra long bus journey (like the one i just had) and it's unlikely to see you through, otherwise, the DS can take a jump imo.

With luck' date=' it will just be like all the previous handhelds and flop after a few weeks/months

Nintendo have always dominated the handheld market, I dont think they will take this fight lying down like what happend with the gamecube.

(anyone else noticed that DS and PSP are more talked about than Xbox360 and PS3? I havnt really heard any of the usual slagging "the 360 sucks, PS3 rules" or vice versa...queer that)[/quote']

as a matter of fact there seems to be more excitement from gamers about the 360 than the psp, going on deposits anyway. psp took ages to get going but 360 is flying.

ds and psp are more talked about because they're in peoples hands and they can be compared whereas the ps3 isn't even out for maybe another year. the psp and the ds will coexist very happily together as they're barely even direct competitors. ds is aimed at completely different people.

as a matter of fact there seems to be more excitement from gamers about the 360 than the psp' date=' going on deposits anyway. psp took ages to get going but 360 is flying.

ds and psp are more talked about because they're in peoples hands and they can be compared whereas the ps3 isn't even out for maybe another year. the psp and the ds will coexist very happily together as they're barely even direct competitors. ds is aimed at completely different people.[/quote']

I would consider buying a 360 but i really hate microsoft! I'd hate to see them doing to the console market what they have done to the pc industry :(

Never been a fan on the xbox standard pad and the 360 looks like it's following the trend.

the xbox pad is ace' date=' the analogue sticks are positioned a lot better than on a ps2 pad in my opinion and everything is easily reached.

ps2 is the worst pad out of the three of them i think.[/quote']

RUBBISS!!!! THe xbox pad has 2 schoolboy errors in it's design.

1. The black and white buttons. They are too far out of the way for most games, and only really useful on games that have been designed with the xbox in mind.

2. The d-pad. Has to rate as the WORST d- pad ever. Makes playing tony hawks and street fighter games far more difficult than it should.

PS2 has the best designed controllers by a long shot, my only beef with them is the R2 and L2 buttons could be done with being set back a bit to fit the shape of the hand a bit better.

The Xbox ones are way too big and clumsy and the gamecube is a horrible plasticy eyesore, prolly meant to be a bit of fun, but i really just dont like the feel of them atall, too flimsy.

I'm just gutted sony are changing to something that looks like it was developed by NASA for the PS3.

the xbox pad is ace' date=' the analogue sticks are positioned a lot better than on a ps2 pad in my opinion and everything is easily reached.

ps2 is the worst pad out of the three of them i think.[/quote']

:O

I really like the ps2 one, the wireless cube one is really good and so is the jap one that resembles the super famicom pad for the cube. Always thought that the xbox one is too big

Too big and clumsy? Rubbish' date=' suck it up you nancy boy! The Xbox controller is simply nice and meaty, that's all. It ensures you get a decent grip of it and also when you're being tashed in a game you can hurl your controller at a wall and watch the wall come off worst.[/quote']

Looks like a humongous turd with buttons! :p

The original Xbox pads had texture, they were lovely. Although I do use a smaller one nowadays, they kinda grow on you - it's still nice and chunky, and doesn't feel like it'll get destroyed if you have to grip it in a furious rage when you still can't get 60k media points on the jumps that count in 'amped'

the original xbox pads were far too big. but the small ones are great.

i cant use the new s-type pads. needs to be the biggun for me.

as for psp vs ds. i got a psp yesterday and after being a longtime anti-sony console campaigner im turned.

its awesome, watch dvds on it? fantastic quality ones with great sound. also mp3s and if you update it you can browse the web.

also, its a hacking goldmine. (eg, being able to put emulators and play super mario world and quake on it)