aberdeen-music

D.S. vs PSP

Emilio Largo

going back off topic again, the XBOX has the greatest controller ever to grace the world of video games! It's a gamers controller! It doesn't have to be tiny to fit the puny humans, it's big, it's beefy and it fucking hurts when chucked at!

The black and white buttons are in an awesome and easy to get to place, unlike the incredibly stupid and unuseable S-Type controllers, damn you female and Japanese gamers, there was no need for one!!

The PS2 controller is the basic of them all. It's like a fucking Master System brick/pad. There's nothing good about the pad, nothing funky. no flare, it's just a bog standard pad.

The GameCube for a while had an awesome pad too, but it just annoys me now with it's lack of buttons....and why the fuck did they do away with the 'Z' trigger of the N64? That was the greatest invention since TV Commercials featuring Slice Bread!

As it stands, the 360 will also have the best pad, it's a redesign on the XBOX pad for sure, but it's wireless as standard (unless you're stupid enough to buy the cheap shite package), and the PS3 pad looks pretty much the same apart from the stupidly long handles. WTF? Is it a steering wheel or a pad? honestly. I don't know about the Revolution yet because, well, no one knows anything about it really.

As for PSP vs DS, I think it's a lose lose situation. It's all about the games in for me, none of them have enough of them to warrant that amount of money, especially the PSP. 180 for a small piece of plastic. Then to do anything with it, you need a GB memory, that's about 100. You'll need a few games to get you going, say 3. That's another 100 or so. Then you'll want some UMD's on it to show off, buy about 4 of them. That's about 70.

right, so that's a PSP, 3 games, 4 UMD's and a GB of memory for your mp3's etc.. that comes to 450!?!?! The XBOX 360 is 279 at launch! Jesus, what a waste! And there isn't any good games on it either. Seriously, there isn't! Either it's a port of an old game, a multiformat game or a shitey sports sim that no one actually likes!!!

The DS will end up being 50 for Xmas, no one wants one because they also have no good games! (4 games does not warrant a console/handheld purchase). It's like the innovation of the two screens has damned the console somewhat. No one seems to have enough brains to put it to good use yet.

I've been so close to buying these two handhelds a few times, but I always stop after realising I'm just buying it for the sake of owning it. I want to play games on it, so I won't be buying any until they actually release any I want to play!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no way in hell the ds will be 50 at christmas. the GB micro is launching at 70 this winter. DS is still selling extremely well and with nintendogs' date=' mario kart, metroid and animal crossing due it's going to get much better too.[/quote']

I like to exaggerate when I'm sleepy...