aberdeen-music

Quick gigging question

HateEvent

I'm still in the process of writing tracks for my soon to be gigging (hopefully) band.

I'm just wondering, 5/6 originals and a cover - that OK as a start for gigs? I REEEEEEEALLY wanna get going and want to have an idea what we could get away with to be up and running quick.

I mean I guess I could pump out shite for the sake of having more tracks, but that would be stupid...

P.S. I put this into this section because I know it'll prob get more hits quickly? :p

Cheers, James

It's not as much rushing to play them as being really eager to do it. I stood in for someone at a gig before - albeit only for 2 songs - and it was fantastic, so I really can't wait to do it with my own material.

Was just a checker that what I have already is adequate to go out and go ahead! :D

It's not as much rushing to play them as being really eager to do it. I stood in for someone at a gig before - albeit only for 2 songs - and it was fantastic' date=' so I really can't wait to do it with my own material.

Was just a checker that what I have already is adequate to go out and go ahead! :D[/quote']

In fact, it might be better to play 5/6 orignal songs rather than 5/6 songs and a cover. Who knows, I might be wrong. Probably am.

Guest Page 99
I'm still in the process of writing tracks for my soon to be gigging (hopefully) band.

I'm just wondering' date=' 5/6 originals and a cover - that OK as a start for gigs? I REEEEEEEALLY wanna get going and want to have an idea what we could get away with to be up and running quick.

I mean I guess I could pump out shite for the sake of having more tracks, but that would be stupid...

P.S. I put this into this section because I know it'll prob get more hits quickly? :p

Cheers, James[/quote']

Know your songs, get up on stage, have confidence in yourselves, play with your heart, don't take shit from anyone, and most importantly, have fun.

As for covers, if you can do with in an inventive way, or with as much or more passion than the original band who did it, then go for it, but playing your own material would be better.

:D