aberdeen-music

kerry king EQ?? or not?

Chi 666

Thirded! Dude - if you want an eq pedal just go for the boss one, I forget the number etc now but its the one both Dan and I use and they are the bomb, usually get one on ebay in good nick for about 50 too :)

Also, what amp head do you have? I'm a firm believer in getting rid of distortion pedals for your basic sound, you can't beat a driven valve head and it means there's much less chance of that disgusting over-saturated sound which is standard with most of those pedals, even with the gain rolled off a little.

What could possibly be special about a Kerry King EQ? Automatic scooped mids? Automatic shitty tone? Go for the Boss

The only difference between the standerd MXR ten band EQ and the KK sig one is that the KK has dual outputs. Would be handy if you were in a position to require the usage of two seperate amps, but otherwise, it's not worth the extra cost.

If you're dead set on an EQ pedal, I'd think twice about the Boss. I sold my Danelectro Fish n' Chips mini EQ to get the Boss GE-7 because of the fiddly switching. Unfortunately the GE-7 is really noisy in comparison, regardless of the settings. Lots of people who post on guitargeek and harmony-central seem to agree with this.

for eq's the dano mini one is supposed to be brilliant, just as good if not better than the boss, and a fraction of the price

i use a MXR 6 band and it is an awesome pedal too, the 10 band should be just as good with even more control, and the only upgrades teh kk has is the second output (useful if you run two amps) and the paintjob

David

I think the other guys are right that you should be looking at your amp and pedal if you're unhappy about your tone. But if you want to experiment, rather than splashing out on the MXR I'd recommend getting the cheap Dano and having a read here